Hotel code?

Chelle2009

I know I'm probably quick off the mark but I was wondering if we would be getting a special code for booking at the Park Inn? As someone has mentioned on another thread, the Park Inn seems to have got very busy that weekend and I've tried on various websites but no rooms are available (just checked on Active Hotels). I would like to avoid staying at the Ibis if I can help it (for the sole reason of the convenience of staying where the convention is being held), and whilst I won't be booking tickets until the new year, I just thought I would ask!

Many thanks.

Michelle

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the past the Park Inn has been phone booking, and it was enough to mention you are attending the Massive Events show that weekend. I can't remember a special code.

Normally the hotel is fully blocked for the show by ME, so that explains why no rooms are available on other online booking sites. I know that in the past there has been availability. But I imagine they are cracking down on that now as at Chevron several attendees were moved to the Ibis because the hotel had overbooked.

I do not know if the phone booking is open yet. If you can ring them Monday it can't hurt to try.

I wonder how many rooms have already been booked prior to taking the block booking though, this is only a smallish hotel and they were still letting you book direct through themselves and on other hotel sites until Friday as i know someone who was quick off the mark and booked direct without waiting for the code. I think the ibis is cheaper too but its a hassle walking back late at night especially in costumes thats the only problem.

Edited by buffy2k

I have stayed at the ibis and use this car park when i go to my friends who lives up there. Its a public one with a few spaces reserved for guests of the ibis at the bottom level. However what the ibis dont tell you is you get charged by the hour there is no special rate for their guests its a standard pay and display. THe reception of the ibis is ground level to the car park just walk through the door to the right of the reception desk out the back door.

2nd Hub we stayed here friday - monday and it cost us over Â40 to park for the weekend & we didnt have enough money so had to go to the cashpoint in town to get money to pay it. It will charge you an hourly rate during the day then you will get the overnight charge as well so be careful if staying here.

So you save money on the hotel and then lose it on the parking here we found.

Hope this helps.

Edited by buffy2k

• Showmasters Admin

You don't need a code to book the Park Inn for the convention! :D

All you need to do is give them a call and tell them that you are attending The Hub convention and they can then book the room for you over the phone! Hope that helps! :smile:

Mark :P

All you need to do is give them a call and tell them that you are attending The Hub convention and they can then book the room for you over the phone! Hope that helps! :smile:

Mark :P

Any idea on rates if they are any different from the normal rates before I ring up for this?

Good point about rates as their own website was £235 for the weekend so assume this is going to be the same for us lot?.

I must say in years gone by the con rate always used to be cheaper & i would always book on this but found recently some of the hotels own rates have been a lot cheaper but i know you need to book on the con rate to fill the rooms for the organiser. The thistle in the last couple of years was over £100 cheaper than the con rate if you booked direct which seems strange and wish i'd checked years ago!.

Off to check my booking with the Park as i did mention ME when booking but theres nothing on the confirmation and dont want to get bumped nearer the time.

Edited by buffy2k

All you need to do is give them a call and tell them that you are attending The Hub convention and they can then book the room for you over the phone! Hope that helps! :D

Mark :D

Is that the same for Bitten 3 as nobody seems very forthcoming with any info on that thread?????

• Showmasters Admin

All you need to do is give them a call and tell them that you are attending The Hub convention and they can then book the room for you over the phone! Hope that helps! :D

Is that the same for Bitten 3 as nobody seems very forthcoming with any info on that thread?????

Yes, it is the same for Bitten 3! :D

The Park Inn has never had a convention code. You just have to phone up and mention that you are attending the convention.

Thanks

I've tried ringing twice now, and both times I've been told they aren't yet taking bookings for The Hub - has anyone actually managed to book for that weekend yet?

I have already booked a room for those nights through the Park Inn website, but if I can get one at the con rate I will cancel the original booking.

I phoned up last night and said I wanted to book a room for Hub 8, the guy knew immediately about it but couldn't book it for me, but someone who supposedly can is calling me back after 5pm tonight, so I will report back as to how I get on.

xxx

I've tried ringing twice now, and both times I've been told they aren't yet taking bookings for The Hub - has anyone actually managed to book for that weekend yet?

I have already booked a room for those nights through the Park Inn website, but if I can get one at the con rate I will cancel the original booking.

Same here i booked direct but they dont have my booking as down for the Hub even though it was on the requirements box on line so not sure whats going on, i couldnt get anyone to speak to me either yesterday to add this to my booking.

I phoned again tonight (as they didn't call me back) and I've been told that they aren't yet taking bookings for Hub 8 and probably won't until at least January. I enquired about booking a room and then cancelling it and changing to the convention rate, but they advised me against this. So I will call back nearer the time...I hope there are rooms!

xxx

Edited by Chelle2009

Thats just silly cos in the meantime you can carry on booking direct with the hotel or online hotel sites then so there wont be any rooms left.
Normally there is a block of rooms allocated for the event and they are not available for the general public to book, so there should be no need to worry. Edited by 1of2

Yes, it is the same for Bitten 3! :D

The Park Inn has never had a convention code. You just have to phone up and mention that you are attending the convention.

Thanks

Hmmm would have been nice if someone had thought to post that in the actual Bitten thread where people have been asking for ages, not very organised this year then? Considering I could book the hotel for Bitten 2 at Bitten itself, little bit unfair that I've had to post in another con's forum to get an answer!!!!

Thanks

Hmmm would have been nice if someone had thought to post that in the actual Bitten thread where people have been asking for ages, not very organised this year then? Considering I could book the hotel for Bitten 2 at Bitten itself, little bit unfair that I've had to post in another con's forum to get an answer!!!!

Thanks

I am very sorry you are upset. But I am not sure if this is the info you are looking for - Mark only confirmed that you had to call, and nobody confirmed that in the Bitten topic because that wasn't what at least I thought was asked (the posts so far have been about special rates). Sorry for the misunderstanding there.

The question "how do I book a room?" would of course have prompted the same reply in Bitten as it did here, "call the Park Inn."

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hm, just called to book our room and the hotel told me, that this event is not confirmed and they are not taking any hotel bookings at the moment. :unsure:

Oh, dear. I'm glad I haven't booked the flight yet, as that's a really bad time of year for me, under the best of circumstances. (I do have a ticket to the event, though.) :angel:

Oh, dear. I'm glad I haven't booked the flight yet, as that's a really bad time of year for me, under the best of circumstances. (I do have a ticket to the event, though.) :unsure:

EDITED because of new info: as I suspected it's the same situation as for Bitten:

Hi all,

It seems that The Park Inn are waiting on paperwork that they only sent me this morning to be returned to them before they will allow you to book rooms at the convention rate! :-|

Although this hasn't happened before it seems that it is this time! Please accept my apologies!!!!

They will have the paperwork they need by the end of the week so if you want to call up on Friday then you should all be able to book.

Sorry for the inconvenience this is causing you.

Take care,

Mark :angel:

So rooms should be bookable in a couple of days.