Party Theme Suggestions

Lucy Saxon

• Moderators

Today was my last properly free day I could have worked on costumes. So as of now, I've given up. If one of the themes happens to fit with something I already /have/, maybe I can do something, but otherwise...

Yet again it's 19 days until the event and we still haven't been given any idea about what the themes are for the parties.

SM please can you get a move on, or there won't be anyone making an effort to come to the parties, for lack of costumes!

As it is, most Blue Gillespie fans won't be coming to the Friday night party, so Saturday will be the only night when most people will be attending.

Edited by ladyjane6313

Exactly what i was going to say. As a big historian myself & member of the Titanic Society i am going to dress Titanic themed to commemorate the anniversary.

I just think you should just dress as you want you dont need to wait for actual themes & as its getting so late now. I do agree though its been left far too late for a lot of people now if you were waiting on a specific theme and this happens every year it cant take that long to think of something and needs to be quicker in future for all cons.

Edited by buffy2k

It is peculiar they haven't announced the themes yet, so close to the con weekend. It's especially strange as you'd think they'd be keen to promote the themes. It's something they'd have to have settled on just to put together the parties, each of which would involve decorations, entertainment all sorts of other things, I'm sure. All that needs planning, I would think, well in advance, just as most people attending would want and need time to plan their outfits, if they're dressing to theme.

They've put together such a great lineup of guests. Why no party themes yet?

I dunno...are we to make it up ourselves? How about...

Timeboys and Aliens?

The Resurrection Ball - to commemorate all the original Torchwood members (plus memorable characters killed off in S1 and 2) gone by? Resurrection Gauntlets/Gloves optional...

Torchwood Takes a Holiday...or Takes the Night Off...or Goes on a Massive Bender and Wakes Up in a Hotel Room Lying Next to Some Unidentifiable Alien Lifeform?... :D

Edited by teewood

At this rate we'll all have our confirmation letters before the themes are up. I'm in costume as Owen, Jack and 10 during the days so I'll probably use those on the nights as well or just do a random costume for the sake of it. No time to plan now. It'll have to be a costume I already own

Okay it has now reached that point in time where I go from 'miffed but understanding of the unusual circumstances' to totally, flaming ANGRY BEYOND BELIEF!!!

Two weeks from now Hub8 will be getting underway right about now.

While I'm still processing the fact this will be the last Hub, I feel that the fact we STILL have no party themes @ this time to be reprehensible. There's a little voice in the back of my head (that sounds any awful lot like a pouting Jack :dance: ) that keeps muttering 'the stuff at the parties better be pretty bloody awesome'.

I hate coming off like such a whiny little bitch but come on guys, get a move on & tell us the themes already!

Morgan

A few of us have decided to just do the Hub 1 themes.

What were the Hub 1 themes?

I've got 3 possible costumes which sorta fit in with Torchwood but would prefer to know the actual themes asap so I can see if I've got anything suitable!

Friday was The Rift - Anything from time and space that could've fallen through. Saturday was 1940s Big Band Ballroom - Basically the WWII theme we've had a couple of times.

A few of us have decided to just do the Hub 1 themes.

What were the Hub 1 themes?

I've got 3 possible costumes which sorta fit in with Torchwood but would prefer to know the actual themes asap so I can see if I've got anything suitable!

Friday was The Rift - Anything from time and space that could've fallen through. Saturday was 1940s Big Band Ballroom - Basically the WWII theme we've had a couple of times.

Thanks for the info - those themes sound excellent and I could fit in with both of them ;)