Gold Pass!

Zak123

Hi everyone, this will be my first LFCC and i'm really thinking about getting a gold pass but was wondering if there really worth the price, i like the whole joining auto cues when you like etc but what else is gid about the pass? Cheers! :D

You can go to the front of photo shoot queues, priority seating in the talks (usually front two or three rows), gold pass chill out area.

Generally, it means you can have a much more relaxing time, especially if you are getting a lot of autographs and/or photo shoots.

Whether or not they are worth the price is difficult to answer. I think they are but others may disagree. It varies from person to person.

It was my first time last year and i decided to get the gold ticket, i have to say it was a terrific idea! First of all you get to enter the front doors first thing when they open which means you dont have to get up at 6.00am to get a decent position in the que outside. I saw people waiting out there for hours. Also you get a decent autograph pack with tthe ticket and the gold pass chill out area is a great idea when your out buying stuff. If you have the money to spare get it because you wont regret it, it makes going to comic con a far more pleasant experiance. I suffer from anxierty attacks so just the benifit of a little less stress on the day was worth the £175.

I went gold last year at both LFCC and EMS and found it very useful and the way things are stacking up I'll probably do it again next time but hoping to be able to wait until after new year before buying.

Whether it's worth it is down to how many people you want to see really. Many people get to meet lots of guests without it, personally I found it really good and having used it once it's hard to imagine not having it but it is expensive and isn't for everyone.

If you're signed up to see a LOT of guests and can foresee clashes, especially with photoshoots, then the Gold Pass is totally worth it. I've managed for many years just fine without one, but last year I needed one for the first time as I had so many guests to manage and it was worth every penny. So it depends on the circumstances. I am waiting until much nearer the time to make my decision, but if the calibre of guests lives up to those made during these early announcements, I can see myself buying another one...

• 1 month later...

How many guests do you think i should want to meet before deciding to buy one, i want to meet about 8 guests, is that enough? Thanks everyone for your replies, really helpful! :)

No one can answer that realistically other than you. To some people it would be worth having just to guarantee meeting one very high profile guest, others may want to meet lots of lower profile guests and not have any problem doing so. Others still get to meet all the guests they want without one, it depends on so many factors.

Although I'd normally leave it until nearer the time, I've just decided to order one as it's already looking like it's going to be a busy event for me but I've met plenty of people who get to meet just as many guests and don't feel they need it.

Comes down to who you want to meet, whether you're prepared to queue up to get the virtual tickets you'll need and how much time you can spend at the show. If time its limited it'll certainly help but if you're there all weekend, it may work out perfectly fine without it.

Keep in mind that there will still be lots of guests added over the coming months so the 8 you currently want to meet may increase quite quickly.

Edited by Rockstar6662

If you're signed up to see a LOT of guests and can foresee clashes, especially with photoshoots, then the Gold Pass is totally worth it. I've managed for many years just fine without one, but last year I needed one for the first time as I had so many guests to manage and it was worth every penny. So it depends on the circumstances. I am waiting until much nearer the time to make my decision, but if the calibre of guests lives up to those made during these early announcements, I can see myself buying another one...

especially with photoshoots!!

If you are planning on getting alot of them... then you "must" have one. I had 3 photoshoots last year that clashed, but since I had a pass it worked.

I think it was something like 14.50, 14.55 and 15.00 (then karens talk at 15.00) or somthing, major clash anyways...

But I managed to get 9 photoshoots and 20-25 autographs on the saturday :) including, Karen, Chris Lloyd and Lambert.

Btw, Are there any changes in what is included in the GoldPass this year?

Edited by Wondermoose

Possibly silly questions about Gold Pass and talk tickets: I know that "Tickets will be held back for any Golden Programme Holders, and will be available to collect at the event when you pick up your pass."

Does that mean when you collect your pass you have a selection of talk tickets to choose from and you would just pick one/ask for one for the talks you wish to go to?

Also is there any chance of those held back talk tickets running out for any talk? (If not why are they needed when you could just show your Gold pass at the talk area).

Edited by Tanith

Possibly silly questions about Gold Pass and talk tickets: I know that "Tickets will be held back for any Golden Programme Holders, and will be available to collect at the event when you pick up your pass."

Does that mean when you collect your pass you have a selection of talk tickets to choose from and you would just pick one/ask for one for the talks you wish to go to?

Also is there any chance of those held back talk tickets running out for any talk? (If not why are they needed when you could just show your Gold pass at the talk area).

Assuming the arrangement is same as last year. With a gold pass you don't need talk tickets. The first few rows are reserved for golds and you just turn up, show your pass and sit in an available seat in the gold area.

This applies for paid and unpaid talks though please correct me if anything has changed.

With a gold pass you don't need talk tickets. The first few rows are reserved for golds and you just turn up, show your pass and sit in an available seat in the gold area.

This applies for paid and unpaid talks though please correct me if anything has changed.

I would also like confirmation of this, As I read the blurb, the GP get you into paid talks

With a gold pass you don't need talk tickets. The first few rows are reserved for golds and you just turn up, show your pass and sit in an available seat in the gold area.

I would also like confirmation of this, As I read the blurb, the GP get you into paid talks
Rockstar is correct, Gold Pass holders do not need to purchase tickets for the paid talks.

Ive just purchased a Gold Pass and I apologise if its already been covered above but just to clarify you wouldnt have to actually have tickets for the talks (paid or free) your gold pass would just serve as the ticket and would give you hassle free entry to the talks? Thanks :-)

Ive just purchased a Gold Pass and I apologise if its already been covered above but just to clarify you wouldnt have to actually have tickets for the talks (paid or free) your gold pass would just serve as the ticket and would give you hassle free entry to the talks? Thanks :-)

That's right.