Feedback

du_berg

I'll get into this a bit more at some point, but just a few things to kick start the discussion...

~ The crew - wonderful as ever ;)

~ Screening - A highlight, once again. I've enjoyed it every time.

~ Wordsearch/puzzles - So much fun!!!!!

~ The quiz - Epic fun. Maybe incorporate the attendees more. Not sure how, or if it's even possible. Just an idea.

~ The passes - Whomever is responsible for putting the auto's and photo's on the passes was a genius!!! Such a fabulous idea. Made everything so much easier.

There are more things to comment on, I'm sure. I'll get back to you.

Bring on feedback from everyone else!!

Everything you said Kris!

Except perhaps that attendees have more to do in the quiz.

I was terrified at holding up a bloody photo at the front of the hall, lol

I was the Ianto with the wings in the quiz and I just want to say you all did such a great job with us all shouting manically at you, lol! Thank you!

I also loved the punching out the holes on the badges, even though I didn't like to have a holey badge, I think it made things run really smoothly, so it's worth it.

...I'm trying to think of some constructive criticism and I honestly can't, it was all just wonderful.

Everything you said Kris!

Except perhaps that attendees have more to do in the quiz.

I was terrified at holding up a bloody photo at the front of the hall, lol

I was the Ianto with the wings in the quiz and I just want to say you all did such a great job with us all shouting manically at you, lol! Thank you!

I also loved the punching out the holes on the badges, even though I didn't like to have a holey badge, I think it made things run really smoothly, so it's worth it.

...I'm trying to think of some constructive criticism and I honestly can't, it was all just wonderful.

Oh my gosh, Cassie, I really felt for you sitting up there on the stage!

You did brilliantly though, I would've been a wreck!

Although if I could get over my fears it would be nice to be in a quiz team with Kai Owen, lol! ;)

By the way BOOOOOO for beating my side of the hall, ha ha

• Showmasters Admin

we are so glad you all had a great weekend

we really love running these events and want to keep on running them for years to come so with your backing we will keep on running them and making them really fun for you and keep on making them even better .

so thank you for being behind us over the years so we get to keep on putting on these amazing events .

each one is very special and a moment in time :-)

hope to see you at the next one

jason ;)

Haha, thanks veganmaxine! It was a lot of fun, even if I was a bit nervous at first. Haha, Team Wedding Fairy were just better kissers! ;D

Ah, roll on Hub 8. I have too much fun at these things.

Ha Ha!!!!

Me too - the hubs are always the best cons I think x

we are so glad you all had a great weekend

we really love running these events and want to keep on running them for years to come so with your backing we will keep on running them and making them really fun for you and keep on making them even better .

so thank you for being behind us over the years so we get to keep on putting on these amazing events .

each one is very special and a moment in time :-)

hope to see you at the next one

jason :firedevil:

We love going to the events Jason, and thanks so much for putting them on.

My life would be a lot duller without them that's for sure.

I've been to all the hubs and they've all been brilliant, and this one had an amazing atmosphere I thought (despite not being at the park inn, lol).

I've somehow managed to get Gold 1 for the next one, so am a very happy bunny! ;)

Everything was awesome and we had a brilliant weekend as always. I loved meeting all of the guests (especially Daniele, he was so sweet, and John again!).

The hotel was extremely nice too, and it was so worth the 5+ hour drive there and back. In fact, it wouldn't bother me where it was, I'd still go!

Roll on Hub 8....I'm definitely there, booking after Christmas, and may have an extra person coming next time so it's all good.

xxx

Have already commented in Thankyou thread but as this is a feedback thread,i would just like to say as a first timer to The Hub, we had a fantastic time and were really impressed with how well organised the whole event was. Staff were very friendly & helpful. Guests brilliant especially John & Daniele. There was quite a relaxed feel to the event as well which was nice & i loved the fact that the Guests were happy to chat at Auto's and do poses at photo shoots. We would not hesitate in going again. :) :D

I've been to a lot of cons in the Uk, in Germany and the US, this one was one of the best. Everything was so organized, the staff was always helpful and happy. I don't think I have seen so many smiling helpers at a convention before.

And a big shout out to Malcolm. He RULEZ!

Really good time as usual with good friends and fun guests & not too chaotic even with John there on Sunday and a good end to the con year. Daniele really stood out for me what a great guests just how you want them to be - friendly, fun, willing to take part in the parties and try his hand at the con songs and even came to the party on sunday to thank those of us left for a great time & say goodbye. Hope you can bring him back again.

Radisson were really good for this con too, especially on sunday night.

See you at Hub 8 everyone.

Edited by buffy2k

I do believe that this is the first con I've ever been to where I don't have a single real complaint. It really was all utterly brilliant. :YAHOO:

The guests were all great - especially Daniele: instant convention legend! :D

The organization was smooth. We were kept very well informed when the group shots were later than planned because of John's signing running over time.

The new con DJ is great; generally a very nice mixture of stuff. Little too much repetition of the same con songs... there are more of them which could be played instead of repeating! :P

Even the staff at the Rad were astonishingly lovely. We've had some pretty bad experiences there at other cons this year, so we were pleasantly surprised. They were especially great on Sunday night; letting us hang out in the event room and in the foyer after the disco was over. They kept asking us whether we were okay with the bar shutting, and then keeping it open just a little bit longer. :D

Edited by erykah

well i was a first time hub goer so really didnt have a clue wot to expect. :D

I thought the schedule was well organised, there was always sometime to do while waiting on the parts u hadnt done. :D

The guests were all fab, even got a thumbs up for our version of Firework from JB himself as he was wandering back from photos to autographs. :YAHOO:

i thought Joe and Daniele were both excellent guests esp since was their first hub experience too, and nice to see them both at the parties joining in. :P

was interesting to listen to the info giving during the screening part, joe did brill with that.

The hotel was amazing (although a bit pricey for drinks - but did expect that being in London).

The crew did an amazing job keeping everything running smoothly,

and I have come away from Hub 7 with lots of wonderful memories and an extra group of friends who now have their own list on FB as 'The Hub'

Thanks again SM/ME for the best weekend ever...... :clap:

oh and roll on April - Have got time off work now just to start saving pennies for my tickets :D

The only 'complaints' I have are venue-based & nothing ME/SM had any control over (waaay too many stairs & the kind of prices that are part and parcel of it being a fancy airport hotel).

As for the event itself, it rocked my socks off as I've come to expect from the Hubs. The custom group shot w/ the guests was a great addition. And my Hub coffee cup collection just keeps growing. :D Thanks guys for putting on another great event.

As soon as my allowance hits the bank in a few days I'll be getting my ticket for Hub 8! :D You keep doing the Hubs & I'll keep flying over for them.

Morgan

I sent it to the office on Sunday evening.
Response time till take longer straight after an event. ME probably didn't get back to the office until late in the day on Monday, possibly even Tuesday. There will be 4 or so days worth of e-mails to get through, and as a few hundred are received on a daily basis that will take some time.

Bear with them and they will get to your e-mail at some point. Unless it is something that we can help out with? I am guessing not otherwise you would have just asked :D

I sent it to the office on Sunday evening.
Response time till take longer straight after an event. ME probably didn't get back to the office until late in the day on Monday, possibly even Tuesday. There will be 4 or so days worth of e-mails to get through, and as a few hundred are received on a daily basis that will take some time.

Bear with them and they will get to your e-mail at some point. Unless it is something that we can help out with? I am guessing not otherwise you would have just asked :WAVE:

I just need to know where to claim the God Pass cast photos.

I can't believe I forgot to rave about what I think is the BEST innovation yet for the Hubs & that's having the photo/autograph tick-offs being on the badges rather than in the con booklet. I'm not sure if it's easier for SM/ME as far as organization goes or not but I sure hope so because it was one less then I had to fumble with in line.

Now if we can just find a way to make it easier on the poor crew members who get the job of manning the hole punches it'll be perfect!

Morgan

• 3 weeks later...