SM when is the next anoncment ?

Nili

• Replies 63
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess it won't be a a while yet as they are probably recovering from LFACC.

I think it will be soon because of LFACC is finished and they don't have to think about it and they havnt annouced anyone lately because of LFACC. Hopefully it will be the 'Big Stars' (like Elijah was last time)

Lots of cool people please! Hobbitses! Anyone!

alsow 2xElves

3x Humans

1x Dworves

1 xGolum

alsow 2x wizards plz

and put them all in a bag and send it home

Edited by Nili

Keep the big guests for the LFACC where it is easier to cope with them.

I, like a lot of people have bad memories of C4, and LFACC was a so much better experience.

Keep the event for the true fans and not the shoppers and gawpers that you get at MK.

And make C5 a more pleasant and enjoyable experience where you get time with the guests , rather than having to show up the night before, witness fighting, jostling, bad language and general unpleasantness.

The current guest list should be o.k. for MK, so more of the same please.

Agreed, Golden.

Being a Trekkie, I'm very happy with the guests that are already down for C5.

C4 had a very high calibre guest list, and as that was only 5 months ago (and with LFCC in between), I don't mind a smaller event with fewer but still high calibre guests.

During April and May, we tend to get the usual suspects coming over here to do the UK convention circuit. It's always nice to see them, but it's great to see some rarer names down for C5.

I can't wait to meet Gates and Denise. :D

I, like a lot of people have bad memories of C4, and LFACC was a so much better experience.

Keep the event for the true fans and not the shoppers and gawpers that you get at MK.

And make C5 a more pleasant and enjoyable experience where you get time with the guests , rather than having to show up the night before, witness fighting, jostling, bad language and general unpleasantness.

I agree m8, LFCC was such a great idea and venue, trouble with MK shopping centre as you said, theres too many onlookers getting in the way and I was getting sick of asking people if there where in the qeue, it was just mad.

i understand what you're saying. and i rather have the likes of an elijah wood at lfacc then collectormania ,but i would love to see two 'major stars' or so at a collectormania event. a

t least 1 main actor/ actress if you know what i mean and i doubt there will be screaming fan girls bonking at the window the entire day for someone like ian mckellen. great actor but not exactly a teen idol if you know what i mean. so get major stars but not the pretty boy ones like bloom or wood.

or.............. bruce campbell! :D

Well to put my twopence worth in

I live in deepest darkest south Devon and unlike some diehard fans and being a disabled mum I can only travel up to conventions etc twice a year due to high costs of travel , accommodation etc.. not everyone can afford to go to LFCC and Collectormanias and so forth...being a lowly member of 'joe public' most of the time and only a part time fan I do get upset when fans who can go to every convention going seem to want the chance to meet actors to themselves...some of us are not just jumping on certain film bandwagons and love the chance to meet their heroes...Milton Keynes used to be 20 mins from my old address...and is now 6 hours away..and unless showmasters or anyone else finally realise there is life down here in the West Country I will carry on travelling twice a year to MK in the hope that it will stay as accessible and fun as it always has been in the past

I live in deepest darkest south Devon and unlike some diehard fans and being a disabled mum I can only travel up to conventions etc twice a year due to high costs of travel , accommodation etc.. not everyone can afford to go to LFCC and Collectormanias and so forth...being a lowly member of 'joe public' most of the time and only a part time fan I do get upset when fans who can go to every convention going seem to want the chance to meet actors to themselves...some of us are not just jumping on certain film bandwagons and love the chance to meet their heroes...Milton Keynes used to be 20 mins from my old address...and is now 6 hours away..and unless showmasters or anyone else finally realise there is life down here in the West Country I will carry on travelling twice a year to MK in the hope that it will stay as accessible and fun as it always has been in the past

well said !!!....

about jumping on badwagons, i seriously doubt half of the fans even gave a crap about the likes of Elijah and Dom BEFORE lord of the rings. that is my opinion, but im not gonna start a riot on here about the sunject, it could go on for a very long time LOL

I am seriously getting bored with the fact that there seem to be so many Star Wars/Star Trek ppl going to be there and the odd LOTR person. Can we pls have more LOTR ppl espes Dom and Billy. Don't get Orli cause the poor man will be mobbed by screaming girls all the time. Can we also pls have some ppl from Red Dwarf and Blackadder? I am begging you SM pls pls pls.

I'm not into LOTR cause never got round to seeing all the movies so I'm only going for star trek. Im one of those lucky people who havent been going to conventions for years and is only waiting for one more autogrpahy to make my big A3-A2 pic complete, so seeing names like Gates Mcfadden and Ethan Phillips is more then enough for me. Yes granted one day I would like to meet someone like Patrick Stewart but a shopping centre isn't the place for an actor like that. Got to say thought the star trek actors that came to LFCC were great supprised the ques weren't longer. How do you come up with such great guest name.

One other think i can see it being annouying for those people who can only get to the odd event a year and the same guests keep turning up.

'pinkfluffybadger' agrreed with a lot you said. I know that if I could only get to MK and all the big big guests were going to LFCC and only smaller ones were going to MK I'd be annoyed :blush:

very good point.It seems everything is in London these days...

I live in Wales and for once i'd love to see something no matter how small in my own country.

Its expensive to get to London/MK even with a railcard let alone the 4 hours travelling on a train (about 7 by car) and it can be very off puting

It's likely that in a few years time, I'll be moving to Somerset.

I know that when that happens, my convention going days will have to come to a halt.

So, I'm seeing everyone I can now before that happens.

PinkFluffy makes a very valid point about the inaccesibility of MK and London for a lot of people. I live in Essex and have been to the NEC a few times. It's a long journey to do there and back in a day, and I don't relish the drive or expense. But it is more of a central location for everyone, and if SM's moved to the NEC, I would still go as long as they gave me a good enough reason to.

Sadly, if a big convention was held in the West Country, I don't think it would attract enough people to be financially viable. But that said, Bristol's no further from me than Birmingham, so I might be wrong.

Respect

Admiral Bear