Any updates on this?

Kuato_Lives

• Showmasters Admin

It could also be that some of these guests were contacted to come to Bluewater but weren't available and so SM offered them LFCC instead.

Some people complain about there being too many shows, but so many of the big guests it's only been possible to get them because SM can offer them 3 or 4 different dates (events).

It could also be that some of these guests were contacted to come to Bluewater but weren't available and so SM offered them LFCC instead.

Some people complain about there being too many shows, but so many of the big guests it's only been possible to get them because SM can offer them 3 or 4 different dates (events).

Crikey, the more shows the merrier I say.

I think peoples concerns in this case are justified. This year we had a similarly timed event that was cancelled and that had guests already booked. Although the circumstances for the cancellation this year were different in comparison to the cancellations of Warp 10, with no guests visibly lined up for next year and several being announced for the later cons next year it does look a bit worrying.

Is it just timing for the show isn't good for the big name stars to make the trek over here?

I think peoples concerns in this case are justified. This year we had a similarly timed event that was cancelled and that had guests already booked. Although the circumstances for the cancellation this year were different in comparison to the cancellations of Warp 10, with no guests visibly lined up for next year and several being announced for the later cons next year it does look a bit worrying.

Is it just timing for the show isn't good for the big name stars to make the trek over here?

I agree with the Cookiemonster, especially as there is no 'banner' on the site, unlike for the other events, and not a single guest. We don't mean to be a pain to organisers, but are just fans and customers looking to plan for next years' expenditure and travels. The Star Trek guests for the other events are brill.

• Moderators

Unfortunately it does come back to the same thing .. things will be announced when finalised.

Whether that's a guest announcement, talks announcement, anything all the way down to a cancellation, it can't be announced til it's finalised.

Unfortunately, that's what a lot of people have been saying for the past month.

Maybe just the date will change as the idea of a new show and location is good.

The omens do not look good, and if the news is bad, would rather know sooner than later! A new show/venue was a good idea, maybe with the country being in such a mess, timing is an issue. Still, if this one does not happen, will have more cash to spend at one of the others.

IMO - not selling tickets for the event, or not asking people to promote or not even mentioning it in the recent showmasters email about guests at signing events up to and including Glasgow, says to me that this event will move.

But agree, the economy isn't helping one bit.

IMO - not selling tickets for the event, or not asking people to promote or not even mentioning it in the recent showmasters email about guests at signing events up to and including Glasgow, says to me that this event will move.

Blooming heck Tony..haven't seen you on here for ages....

[blooming heck Tony..haven't seen you on here for ages....

I sometimes take a while to download!

Plus have been laughing at the abuse some people send on twitter :whistling:

I'll post on here when theres a guest i like (see LF&CC) or a topic which needs answering!

I agree with tony, exactly the same thing happend with both warps for instance, when there are help us promote the event ect threads in all event sections aside 1 you know something must be up.

also the reply wasnt very pro active, usually there would be a dont worry or a hint at guests or something, not here. just we will have some news on this soon.

TBH for me personally there are already too many events in march so id be happy if this didnt go ahead (with no guests announced im not loosing/missing out on anything)

of course this is just my opinion, I dont have any facts on this.

Well I shall be extremely sad, but after all this time and nothing mentioned not surprised if it doesn't go ahead.....It's a lovely new venue, with lots of other stuff around to enjoy and for me the perfect place....I detest that draughty miserable football stadium at Milton Keynes and have no desire ever to return there after I froze my butt off a few years ago....I will keep hoping that this takes off but I'm not banking on it.... :whistling:

Deeds xx

Getting the weekend off for this show was almost like mission: impossible, so if they cancel it now, I'd be a tad annoyed :whistling:

I havnt tried for CMB yet as it seems like it wont happen and ive already begged off a certain weekend and there are cons n every bloody weekend, conventions before and after id be interested in, cant get em all off work and have not asked for this one yet, probably will if it does go ahead but will mean missing something else

Edit: Reference to non SM/ME event removed.

(try to amend it to make sense perhaps then? didnt think id crossed the line saying a number. but ok)

Edited by timelord81r

What's the problem with stating something like...

We are still deciding if this event will happen. Don't go booking any travel/hotels yet. Give us another week and we'll make a final decision as to whether it will go ahead, and if not, whether we will reschedule the event to a future date.

Better that, than a total lack of information :)