SPECIAL GROUP PHOTO SHOOT AT HUB 7

Massive Events

I totally agree with you - I have attended all the Hubs so far and this will probably be my last one the way things are going. The reason I bought a gold pass was because everything you wanted was in the price. Being asked to pay more..... well what can I say?
Genuine query.

ME have managed to arrange the chance of the group photo as an an optional extra. It does not happen at every event. Would you rather that they did not bother to offer it at all? To me it does not seem fair removing the option from those who do want it, and are able to.

You cannot see why some people find it unreasonable? As I said before it seems expensive for what it is.
Even after I pointed the effective total based on the costs of the individual shoots?

Also I like many others have paid out enough for this event already what with tickets and hotel. Can't afford any more.
Believe me, I completely understand that people do not have inifinte funds. However there are costs involved for arranging a group photo (contractual etc). Personally I wouldn't expect the organiser to soak up those costs for something that is offered outside of the scope of the ticket package on offer.

You cannot see why some people find it unreasonable? As I said before it seems expensive for what it is. Also I like many others have paid out enough for this event already what with tickets and hotel. Can't afford any more.

I understand where you are coming from. I truly do. But the poster I was commenting on was a tad abrupt in their posting. This is an extra photo shoot that ME/SM have managed to sort out. From a business point of view I would consider including the group shot in the ticket price before anyone had agreed a bad move. As is evident, guests can and do cancel. What if a new guest was a more expensive guest to have attend? WHo eats the cost of that? What if the new guest does not want to do a group shot?

When a guest signs up for an event, as has been mentioned numerous times by Jason, they agree to certain things. What would happen if Jason & Co went and asked them to do another photo shoot weeks or months after the initial contract was signed? You may probably find them wanting more money. After all, this is work to them.

The logistics of setting up a group shot is more than likely a nightmare.

Although I do understand where you are coming from, I still think that this is a great offer to anyone attending the event. It is a shame that some will not be able to factor in to the budget, but that is the nature of the beast of what we do...go to signing events and conventions.

The logistics of setting up a group shot is more than likely a nightmare.

If nothing else, I'd imagine the challenge of getting a picture with seven pairs of eyes looking the right way and not blinking at the critical moment is considerably more difficult than two pairs...

A great offer, and taking into account the cost and logistics of sorting this out, I cannot see why some people find it unreasonable. As has been explained before, arranging group shots is never as easy as some people have commmented elsewhere.

As regards the price rise in tickets, unfortunately costs go up in any business and thus ticket prices will go up as will any product or service.

What it comes down to is that we all have a choice to attend events. Buy certain types of tickets. And maybe buy special photo shoots that are arranged at the last minute.

I have some wonderful convention group shots that I had no problem paying for as they are unlikely to be repeated in the same line up.

i totally agree with you and 1of2 also x this is why we didnt go gold because i knew i only wanted 2 single photoshoots but when this came along for an extra tenner on top for all of them! i couldnt say NO :clap:

mind you i will still probably have a pic with Kai and Daniele as I already bought one with JB :D I have been saving up since July. I dont have a car, smoke or go out at weekends (im boring lol) so all the money left over from bills and shopping goes in my saving bank. Im well chuffed now! Well done ME for giving us this great opportunity! We love ya :blush:

Edited by guardianz

i think this is a great opportunity if i can factor it into my budget, as ive gone silver this year and already gone for extra pics with John and Daniele :)

i know its late asking all this but is there any chance that we might be able to get extra photoshoots with the pair of them together? :)

No worries if this is not possible. i'm just asking as id love a pic with both of them together at the same time.

I'm really excited about this con as its my 1st one since hub 2.

• Showmasters Admin

i know its late asking all this but is there any chance that we might be able to get extra photoshoots with the pair of them together? :)

No worries if this is not possible. i'm just asking as id love a pic with both of them together at the same time.

Sorry but no, there's just not time to fit it in, and as you'll see the schedule is finalised now.

Sorry but no, there's just not time to fit it in, and as you'll see the schedule is finalised now.

no worries :) thanks for replying.