SPECIAL GROUP PHOTO SHOOT AT HUB 7

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are delighted to announce that we have been able to work things out so that on Sunday you will have the opportunity to get a Group Photo shoot with all the guests attending that day!

It will be at the very special price of £35 and will include; John Barrowman, Daniele Favilli, Sharon Morgan, William Thomas, Joseph Lidster, Kai Owen and most importantly, YOU! :thumbup:

The photo shoot will be available to purchase from the registration desk from 2pm on Friday. Please be aware though that we do only have a certain amount of time for this and so tickets will be limited.

We hope you are as excited as we are that we have been able to arrange this. I know I will certainly be getting one! Lol! :angel:

Thanks

Mark :D

Its a bit expensive isn't it.
Individual photo shoots are priced at

John Barrowman - £25

Danielle Favilli - £15

Kai Owen - £10

Sharon Morgan - £10

William Thomas - £10

plus Joseph Lidster, who I would guess £10

Total £80

Personally I would consider £35 to be a bargin for a group photo shoot.

Its a bit expensive isn't it.
Individual photo shoots are priced at

John Barrowman - £25

Danielle Favilli - £15

Kai Owen - £10

Sharon Morgan - £10

William Thomas - £10

plus Joseph Lidster, who I would guess £10

Total £80

Personally I would consider £35 to be a bargin for a group photo shoot.

Okay but I'm a gold pass holder so all the photos are in with the ticket. Budget has gone on the ticket.

Are there any concessions for Gold ticket holders?
I don't think there will be. A group photo shoot took place at the previous Chevron and Hallowhedon events, and there was no concession for either of those. I don't see why the Hub would be any different.

Okay but I'm a gold pass holder so all the photos are in with the ticket. Budget has gone on the ticket.
The group photo shoot is an optional extra. It is not included as part of any ticket package.

Not for me then.
I keep thinking that but somehow I always end up having one. They are fairly unique. I guess that the chances of having a photo with those exact guests again are small, which is probably what tempts me in the end :thumbup:

I thought that at first but having been to 4 events in the past 2 months, money is tight so I'll have to leave it. I just thinks its unnessessary expence especially having paid for a gold.

Edited by reddragon

It says on the website

"1 exclusive convention photo of the guests in attendance taken at the event (to be collected on the Sunday)"

Does this mean it includes the photo or just a photo of the guests without us.

Sorry my first hub so lots of questions!

It says on the website

"1 exclusive convention photo of the guests in attendance taken at the event (to be collected on the Sunday)"

That is a group photo of the guests, without 'you', for all Gold and Silver ticket holders.

Bugger, im gonna not get there till 8 on Friday x

Really would love this x

They are very popular but I can't recall them ever selling out. Plus not everybody arrives on the Friday so even if the sales desk has closed by the time you arrive, you should be fine to purchase one Saturday morning when the sales desk opens again.

It says on the website

That is a group photo of the guests, without 'you', for all Gold and Silver ticket holders.

Bugger, im gonna not get there till 8 on Friday x

Really would love this x

They are very popular but I can't recall them ever selling out. Plus not everybody arrives on the Friday so even if the sales desk has closed by the time you arrive, you should be fine to purchase one Saturday morning when the sales desk opens again.

Many Thanks x x *Fingers Crossed*

Okay...let me get this straight:

Showmasters have upped the price of tickets.

They are now asking us to pay for an additional photo if we want a group shot with everyone?

At at least one previous Hub gold and (possibly) silver have had a group shot with all the guests over the weekend, as a thank you for being there, to keep the event running, and now they're asking us to pay for it?

Seems a bit unreasonable, especially with the price increase.

• Moderators

At Hub5 I think it was there was a free group shot if you booked a room at the event hotel, as a thankyou for helping them fill their block of rooms there. If you weren't in the hotel, you had to pay for it. It was included for Gold at Hub1, where it was part of the ticket and ONLY available to gold. Hubs 1 and 5 are the only Hubs before now that have had a group shot.

Edited by etmuse

They are now asking us to pay for an additional photo if we want a group shot with everyone?

At at least one previous Hub gold and (possibly) silver have had a group shot with all the guests over the weekend, as a thank you for being there, to keep the event running, and now they're asking us to pay for it?

The first Hub event, in 2008 had a group photo included as part of the Gold ticket package. At the time the decision was made not to include it as part of the ticket package for future ME events due to various reasons, logistical/contractual/etc. A few events after that particular Hub did have the group photo option because those events had already been announced with it included. I believe the final event that had the group photo as part of the Gold ticket package was Hallowhedon in 2009.

Some, certainly not all, events since then have offered a group photo. Normally it is included as a purchasable extra for all ticket holders. That is not always the case though as etmuse has mentioned. If possible ME will offer other options when they are able to.

The group photo is not accounted for in that initial ticket pricing as it is not included as part of any ticket package. When ME are able to provide an optional group photo then it is only fair that they recover the costs of it by charging for it.

Regarding the general ticket price increase, ME keep the costs down as much as possible. However it is safe to assume that most, if not all, costs relating to the running of an event increase annually. Generally speaking the costs of ME events have not changed that much. In some cases not at all.

As an example, the first ME event I attended was Chevron 7.1 in June 2008. A Standard ticket cost £78, and a Gold £195. There was no Silver back then. The last ME event I attended was Hallowhedon 3 a few weeks ago. A Standard ticket was £78. A Silver £145, and a Gold £195. No price change three years later.

Some events do cost more. That may be partially down to the venue (and possibly in their case a seasonal pricing structure). Addiotianlly no doubt some guests have larger fees than they did three years ago. No doubt that is the case with some larger guests. Which is to be expected. At the end of the day if we want to see the likes of John Barrowman, Richard Dean Anderson, etc, then we have to pay for that, and not the organiser.

Sorry, this wasn't supposed to be an essay :D

A great offer, and taking into account the cost and logistics of sorting this out, I cannot see why some people find it unreasonable. As has been explained before, arranging group shots is never as easy as some people have commmented elsewhere.

As regards the price rise in tickets, unfortunately costs go up in any business and thus ticket prices will go up as will any product or service.

What it comes down to is that we all have a choice to attend events. Buy certain types of tickets. And maybe buy special photo shoots that are arranged at the last minute.

I have some wonderful convention group shots that I had no problem paying for as they are unlikely to be repeated in the same line up.

I totally agree with you - I have attended all the Hubs so far and this will probably be my last one the way things are going. The reason I bought a gold pass was because everything you wanted was in the price. Being asked to pay more..... well what can I say?

A great offer, and taking into account the cost and logistics of sorting this out, I cannot see why some people find it unreasonable. As has been explained before, arranging group shots is never as easy as some people have commmented elsewhere.

You cannot see why some people find it unreasonable? As I said before it seems expensive for what it is. Also I like many others have paid out enough for this event already what with tickets and hotel. Can't afford any more.