Hotel mix-up

Southernyacht

:thumbup: Hi all,

Having a panic here. I contacted the hotel Thursday as I only had the confirmation number they gave me when I phoned to book. No email confirmation was ever received.

When I contacted them, they say they have no booking in my name and the confirmation number I have is for someone called Heather Sharpe (def not me).

Soo..........it looks like the reservations have been mixed up by the hotel and they can't find mine. It might be worth other people double checking if they haven't already - and if Heather Sharpe is on here, have you got my booking!

On a more serious note, I'm hopping mad. Third day of contacting the hotel tomorrow to try and sort this. So much for booking on the day the hotel code was released. I hope not too many people are affected.

(me - the one sobbing in the corner)

Any advice...please.......... :clap:

For anyone else concerned, you can obviously phone the hotel but if you also go to this link

https://www.radissonedwardian.com/reservati...ustment/home.do

and put in your name and confirmation number, or the last few digits of the card you used to book, it'll bring up some basic details of your booking. Just a quick way of confirming if there's anything on their system.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. Still no trace of my booking apparently - but I managed to speak to a really helpful lady this morning at the hotel who made me a whole new reservation. So I can breath again

Fingers crossed everyone else's booking are ok. And I'll stop worrying once I sit my backside on that bed!!

Now....I can go pack :D

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the replies. Still no trace of my booking apparently - but I managed to speak to a really helpful lady this morning at the hotel who made me a whole new reservation. So I can breath again

Fingers crossed everyone else's booking are ok. And I'll stop worrying once I sit my backside on that bed!!

Phew, glad you got it sorted. It's a pity you can't use the event code to book online and then you'd get proper confirmation etc but the link I posted will at least confirm if they have something on the system for you.

Hi everyone,

Glad you've got sorted out. Phoned up this morning and thankfully my reservation is ok.

Thank you all for the heads-up. I'm having a similar problem. I'll have to ring them up and hope. I'd best dig out the hotel code, again.

Everyone, I strongly advise you to check, especially if you didn't get an email confirmation. SM/ME, you might want to look into this issue and consider it when booking future events.

Edit: I can't get at it through the online site mentioned up-thread, but they do have me in their system as confirmed, and gave me a confirmation number. Breathing feels good!

Edited by Blackbird

I rang the the other day for an e mail confirmation and they sent it straight away, however the attachment wouldn't open. I e-mailed them again today and they have e-mailed straight back with the info needed, so if anyone does need to contact them, but can't call e-mail seems an effective way of doing so.

Hope everyone's reservations are ok. :)

Southernyacht, I'm glad it got sorted!

Heather isn't on here, but she's a friend of mine and part of the problem will probably have been due to the fact that the booking was originally made in someone else's name but was transferred to her due to that person no longer being able to attend. Now I'm hoping they haven't cancelled her by mistake - best go tell her to check!

Heather isn't on here, but she's a friend of mine and part of the problem will probably have been due to the fact that the booking was originally made in someone else's name but was transferred to her due to that person no longer being able to attend. Now I'm hoping they haven't cancelled her by mistake - best go tell her to check!

On here now I'm Heather Sharpe :WAVE: thank you to everyone who informed me i tried to ring the hotel but there was no one to talk to today so will ring in the morning to double cheak everything

On here now I'm Heather Sharpe :WAVE: thank you to everyone who informed me i tried to ring the hotel but there was no one to talk to today so will ring in the morning to double cheak everything

Hi Heather!

Hope it's all ok - if you need the confirmation number, let me know on here and I'll find a way to get it to you

this hotel as i have just found out as done this to me also. they changed my booked to someone called helen and dave which is definately not me or my female friend.

they could not locate my reference number and subsequently the women transferred me to someone else, didn't have the courtesy to explain to this person why i was ringing nor to me that they were transferring me. incredibly rude and not even arrived at the the hotel yet.

i have also paid in full and have proof of receipt for this.

it appears from what i am told that there is a system error which is being sorted out if you have a certain surname. this does not help the people who have booked in good faith for this event.

not full of confidence for fridays booking in process, the women who booked my reservation and emailed me confirmation is on site on friday and i have advised her that should there be a problem i will be insisting she comes to reception and sorts it out. so far not showing very much professionalism really.

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DEFINATELY RING AND CHECKING YOUR BOOKING IS SECURE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY CORRECT. :whistling:

Edited by harmonyvampire

this hotel as i have just found out as done this to me also. they changed my booked to someone called helen and dave which is definately not me or my female friend.

they could not locate my reference number and subsequently the women transferred me to someone else, didn't have the courtesy to explain to this person why i was ringing nor to me that they were transferring me. incredibly rude and not even arrived at the the hotel yet.

i have also paid in full and have proof of receipt for this.

it appears from what i am told that there is a system error which is being sorted out if you have a certain surname. this does not help the people who have booked in good faith for this event.

not full of confidence for fridays booking in process, the women who booked my reservation and emailed me confirmation is on site on friday and i have advised her that should there be a problem i will be insisting she comes to reception and sorts it out. so far not showing very much professionalism really.

IF I WERE YOU I WOULD DEFINATELY RING AND CHECKING YOUR BOOKING IS SECURE AND MORE IMPORTANTLY CORRECT. :thumbup:

not sure why this has happnd to you. im wondering if its because of the hotel code and having to do it over the phone. i know that they could not understand me that well as the hotel is internationally staffed. but i made my booking over the internet then they phoned me to confirm and take my payment. i got an email confirmation and i requested another one 2 days ago. everything seems fine. like i said im wondering if its something to do with the code and the staff not understanding certain words. i had to repeat myself to one guy. i ended up using the phonetic alphabet and he got it :whistling:

Thanks for the heads up!

I got at my basic details from Rockstar6662's link, then rang them this morning. I booked my room ages ago, but even though I asked, I never got an emailed confirmation. Got it now :)

Now I just need to dig out the bus info I hopefully still have from last year's Hallowhedon and worry about packing XD :whistling: Please don't laugh, if you see me wearing 2 coats on Friday!

Just called to check on our booking which they say is ok this time (i hope)? It did take 5 phone calls to get a confirmation emailed for this one but as i knew of previous probs i demanded one.

At Hallowhedon we booked a triple room and when i checked in receptionist kept mentioning a single despite the fact a friend was right next to me?, in the end we got a double, & our third only stayed one night but there was no bed, then they tried to charge a different price.

I hope everyone who has problems gets them sorted out on arrival. see you on friday sure it will work out in the end.

Edited by buffy2k

After reading this - and starting printing out everything I need to take with me this weekend - I went through my Hotmail and discovered that I, like many others, had received no email confirmation... :whistling:

However, I phoned them up, gave them my name, and they were able to confirm my booking reference, room type and room cost, all correctly. Unfortunately they couldn't send me a new confirmation email, as they've got a long-standing issue with a broken link, but anywayyy...

Having dealt with this hotel twice before as an event organiser myself, I will say one thing though: You do have to make sure you're speaking to the right people! Looking up the hotel on Google and speaking to their general reservations department is a recipe for disaster. If you have any problems, USE THE NUMBER M.E. PROVIDED for the events department instead - much more knowledgeable and helpful. This number is 0208 757 7903.

Oh fabby!

I thought we were Ok, but have just checked the online thingy, and it says it can't find the reservation.

I've sent an email to ask, but will be phoning in the morning too.

I am not going to panic - aghhhhhh!!!!!

Maybe I'll get them to print me a confirmation of the chevron 7.8 booking I made this morning once I get there on Friday!?

Oh fabby!

I thought we were Ok, but have just checked the online thingy, and it says it can't find the reservation.

Maybe I'll get them to print me a confirmation of the chevron 7.8 booking I made this morning once I get there on Friday!?

if it helps mine didnt show up on that site but wwhen i phoned them they said it wouldnt show up as it was booked in for a confrence cause of the codes used for the hub, but they did find me in their system and my booking was ok.

Oh fabby!

if it helps mine didnt show up on that site but wwhen i phoned them they said it wouldnt show up as it was booked in for a confrence cause of the codes used for the hub, but they did find me in their system and my booking was ok.

Thanks for that, off to phone and check now!

Just phoned - it all seems OK.

I can breathe again!

Edited by veganmaxine