Party Themes, Let us know what you want

BLACKKNIGHTS

The Egyptian one from 7.6 was good, or Greek (since they are similar).

What about Ori and Acients - red and white decor, any quite a bit of scope for costumes.

Also, any chance of a space outside of the main party room for sitting and chatting. It is great getting to know people, but the parties are really loud, and you can't talk to people. At the Park Inn there was plenty of space to gather, but no-where to sit. A few chairs and tables would be great, and i am sure the hotel don't mind us sitting in the bar and spending more money.

Also, any chance of a space outside of the main party room for sitting and chatting. It is great getting to know people, but the parties are really loud, and you can't talk to people. At the Park Inn there was plenty of space to gather, but no-where to sit. A few chairs and tables would be great, and i am sure the hotel don't mind us sitting in the bar and spending more money.

Well last time an event was held at the Radisson Hotel the area out side the party room was massive and had its own bar and there was tables and chairs to sit at to, so am sure you will be fine

Really weird suggestion, but maybe one year you could buy like a 'Food' ticket or something? Like each night at the parties it would be cool to have BBQ outside or a food set up inside (party food stuffs) , you buy a ticket and show it when you go up to table/BBQ place and then fill a plate and leave! :D haha just thought that might be a cool add on at some point :wub:

Really weird suggestion, but maybe one year you could buy like a 'Food' ticket or something? Like each night at the parties it would be cool to have BBQ outside or a food set up inside (party food stuffs) , you buy a ticket and show it when you go up to table/BBQ place and then fill a plate and leave! :D haha just thought that might be a cool add on at some point :P

Great idea. It would save having to worry about getting a meal before the party. :D

OK here's my suggestions;

Professor Langford's Roaring 20's Egyptian excavation party.- it could be decorated with pyramids and mummies

Fabulous Fourties- Join Ernest Littlefield in 1945 at a gate activation party. - we could have 40's music

Join Dr McKay and Dr. Keller at Malcolm Tunney's- Cocktail Party (we could even have a cocktail called The Brainstorm)

Join John Sheppard at a table for a night in Las Vegas (I know this one has been done before but it gives the excuse to have the roulette and poker tables and fake money).

Edited by Ophelia

OK here's my suggestions;

Professor Langford's Roaring 20's Egyptian excavation party.- it could be decorated with pyramids and mummies

Fabulous Fourties- Join Ernest Littlefield in 1945 at a gate activation party. - we could have 40's music

Join Dr McKay and Dr. Keller at Malcolm Tunney's- Cocktail Party (we could even have a cocktail called The Brainstorm)

Join John Sheppard at a table for a night in Las Vegas (I know this one has been done before but it gives the excuse to have the roulette and poker tables and fake money).

Like these ideas! Especially the cocktail party hehe

The Urgo sounds awesome =D they all do actually! And does anyone know how to suggest the food thing to ME or Jason or Mark or whoever needs to know? Maybe we can see how many people would be willing to do it or something? Hopefully they will stumble across it :D

And can we make sure some of the food is gluten free? It was an absolute revelation to actually be able to eat the snacks at the Gold party.

Edited by Ophelia

It would Be good to have Ideas so Jason and Mark can hopefully let us know the Party Themes in advance Please

Yeah, I've actually just noticed that in the Eternal Twilight forum Showmasters pinned notice on the 25th of October asking for their party suggestions for the next ET event in February. :D

For 7.6 the Saturday night party was "Being Richard Dean Anderson" I was Lt Sam Adams from Emerald Point NAS - one of RDA's lesser known incarnations. Could we not do the same for Amanda? The ladies could be characters she has played on TV (good for the sanctuary crowd) and the boys could be side kicks/associates of Amada's character....

The other parties could be a Destiny Party(would be good for the chill out.....) And Friday could be "Other SciFi" let the fans show off other costumes or just show their imagination .....

Regardless of the theme it would be good to finalise the themes before Christmas - give fans the chance to get organised...

Finally to reward fans who make their own costumes there should be a prize given by one of the guests - the guest or guests could choose the winner - would be nice for the costume scratchbuilders and encourage more people to get into the themes......Doesnt have to be a big prize - an extra signed item for example.

For 7.6 the Saturday night party was "Being Richard Dean Anderson" I was Lt Sam Adams from Emerald Point NAS - one of RDA's lesser known incarnations. Could we not do the same for Amanda? The ladies could be characters she has played on TV (good for the sanctuary crowd) and the boys could be side kicks/associates of Amada's character....

The other parties could be a Destiny Party(would be good for the chill out.....) And Friday could be "Other SciFi" let the fans show off other costumes or just show their imagination .....

Regardless of the theme it would be good to finalise the themes before Christmas - give fans the chance to get organised...

Finally to reward fans who make their own costumes there should be a prize given by one of the guests - the guest or guests could choose the winner - would be nice for the costume scratchbuilders and encourage more people to get into the themes......Doesnt have to be a big prize - an extra signed item for example.

Nice. I really like your ideas. All of them. Great suggestions! :) :wub:

• 2 weeks later...

I think the food idea will not happen,, it's not something we have had before and I think ME will not go for it as it's extra expense for no extra come back,, just being realistic here,, plus trying to cater for all the different food requirments would be a nightmare,, sorry to rain on parades but trying to be realisitic.

As for theme's,, when thinking of a theme I think you have to take a few things into consideration.

1) Is it relevent (Will people get it)

2) Does this choice give people a WIDE verity of costume choices

3) Is the theme going to be one thats the costume choices are achievable to people with varying talents/financial constraints

4) And kind of part 2 and 3 but is the theme available to all male/female etc

Now with these (part 4) I found the RDA one was WAY to limiting, the choices people had and although yes the girls can dress as boys and vice versa not everyone would be up for that,, so a AT charecters theme would rule most of the blokes out of it like the RDA did for the girls,, difference is I think women are more happy to dress as blokes than blokes to dress as women,, me I don't care :lol:

So all I say is take these things into consideration when chosing.

Now my ideas are the same I put down for 7.7...

Fri - Political Conferance --- Representatives from all over the SG-1/SGA/SGU universes get together to work out the universes problems using drinks and dance to aid in the negotiations. (Basically any Stargate based costume is a goer, and like chev 7.2 a chance if they don't want to or can't get a stargate based cossie together then they may wish to get out there best frocks/suits if desired, it is a formal event after all )

Sat - Alternate Universe --- Here we find strange races from all over the universe at the SGC, but not of stargate universe origion, they have bleed through from some unknow universes how will the SGC cope. (Basically any Sci-Fi based costume goes, so if that's santurary or farscape it's all a go)

Sun - Time Travel --- Ut Oh,, It's all gone wrong for SG-1 they keep getting thrown back in time,, how will they deal with varid people from different periods in history,, not just earth history that of any of the worlds lead to by the stargate,, will they encounter human history, Jaffa History the Unas back once long ago,, you never know you might even see a furling?!?!?. (Basically gives people the option of earth historical clothing or they can go wild with there imagination for an alien world historical clothing)

These ideas I had where to try give people the widest possible choices for whatever skill level, financial restraints, or other limiting factor may be against them this still gives them much choice to enable all to have a good chance of doing something for the themed nights.

Not saying mine should be used but just when deciding on something it has to be accesable to all ;)

OK back off to get in my box again,,,,, but I'm not holding out much hope ME will annouce it soon enough for anyone to do anything anyway so this thread might be in vain,, the last one for 7.7 was :/

All the best,

Lee

i think time travel is a good idea. it would be interesting to see people dressed in defferent era costumes. altrnate universe sounds fun too as people could buy, rent or creater alien costumes and theat would go well with bothe stargater and sanctuery fans. great ideas.

• 2 weeks later...

And there in lays it's simplicity ^_^

You know me, I love to costume up for things, and giving people such a wide scope and ability to choose something that suits them weather it be for physical/financial/skill reasons then hopefully more will join in,, more will let loose and enjoy the themes and the themes then MAY just start meaning something again :D