anyone else was re-booked to Ibis hotel?

silveress

Yeah just about to start my travel, first 40 mins on a train. Then 2 hours on a Eurostar and then again the train from London.

They better have place in the Ibis and the Ibis better know of it, or I might just go mental at Park Inn hotel.

But not gonna stress about it, will not do me any good, Im sure for everything there is a solution :) And in the end I just hope I get a Double bed that is at least big enough for 2 people to sleep in.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah just about to start my travel, first 40 mins on a train. Then 2 hours on a Eurostar and then again the train from London.

They better have place in the Ibis and the Ibis better know of it, or I might just go mental at Park Inn hotel.

But not gonna stress about it, will not do me any good, Im sure for everything there is a solution :) And in the end I just hope I get a Double bed that is at least big enough for 2 people to sleep in.

hope you have a good trip

see you at the ibis i hope

well after a bad nights sleep i am about ready to face the world, a trip up to northampton by train lovely and still not sure i have a room as the parki nn say i am now booked at the ibis and ibis are still saying they know nothing about it the park inn truly suck and have managed to make what should have been a fun weekend into a nightmare i hope everyone gets sorted with their rooms and there are no more issues.

as for me this is the first time at an event at the park inn and to be honest i never want to do another one there but they will get away with how they have treated us as massive will still hold events there

as to the hotel mess up we will be looking into this and trying to find out what happened as far as i am aware there is no order to which peoples bookings have been lost and its just random and could have happened to anyone that has booked a room , this is the first time bookings have been lost in this way , but its not helpful for though's of you that have been affected by this .

jason :poki:

hi jason i am not sure you understand the issue here the park inn have not lost my booking they admit i booked a room in may they have just dumpd me across the road in favour of giving my room to someone else and i Believe this is what's happened to every one moved, park inn have been rude and lied to every one and the person i spoke to admitted they knew about this issue for at least two weeks

This is what worries me too....the stories of "truth bending" or shall I be bold enough to say "outright lying" are seriously concerning me.....this is not what any good hotel chain should do and hearing that it's now possible this was known about far sooner that we were led to believe only compounds my fears - and anger...... :unsure:

People WILL vote with their feet for bad service....my husband is already looking up alternative places to go to if this weekend turns out to be too stressful for us before it gets going!...

Deeds xx

WELL I AM HEADING OFF I FEEL SICK i dont know if i have a room or not ibis say no but park inn say they have booked me in there.

if you walki n to the parking and theres a big argument going off at the desk with some short fat guy aing we will not be moved that will be me planing to camp out in the reception for the weekend

Edited by david111066

Well, here we are, Friday's here. I must say all I feel is apprehension and not the excitement I should be feeling. I hope that Massive Events do not use Park Inn for conventions again. If Park Inn think this is the last they've heard from me then they're VERY much mistaken. Safe journey everyone!

I'm in the travel lodge, not stayed at a park inn since 7.2, will be interesting to see if everyone staying at the hotel is attending the convention, if people have been able to book through websites (someone posted earlier to say they booked through a website in september) and still have the rooms seems they are putting them above the convention goers. I thought that they normally booked out the hotel and you had to ring the hotel to get the room. Seems to be the hotel at fault, I would press for more than a drinks voucher, if you wanted to stay at the ibis and booked in may you could have had a saver room at £29 a night! Hope everyone manages to get everything sorted without to many further issues.

See you all there later!

Me and a friend have been moved to the Ibis, does anyone know what's going to happen for breakfast? Do the Ibis do breakfast? or are we eating at the Park?

I stayed at the Ibis last november and we had breakfast there. There's only a small eating area but the food was fine. Hope everyone manages to enjoy the weekend despite all the problems!