anyone else was re-booked to Ibis hotel?

silveress

Just got a call from park inn that they had to change my hotel to the ibis one due to some problems with reservations agrrrrrr. ;) hopefully it won't rain when i will be walking in the costume to the party!! B)

anyone else had the same phone call??

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just got a call from park inn that they had to change my hotel to the ibis one due to some problems with reservations agrrrrrr. ;) hopefully it won't rain when i will be walking in the costume to the party!!B)

yes just posted about that myself i booked my room may 13th so am very upset that prople booking after me have there rooms but i've been kicked out also phoned the ibis and been told they have no record of me being transfered to them

This happened at the Radisson earlier this year too. I know most hotels overbook but surely when its a convention they should know better than to do this as they know therer are a lot of people. Hope they are offering you a small refund on your booking as the ibis is cheaper than the park.

Edited by buffy2k

This weekend has just gone from bad to worse. Been transferred to the ibis because they didn't charge a deposit to my credit card. Gave a credit card number to guarantee the room but they've just told me they didn't because of the massive events website, whatever that means. This is just a disaster and I'm now dreading the weekend wondering what else is going to happen. Spent a fortune (totally my choice) for airfare, gold tickets, etc. to stay in a hotel I don't want and see guests I have no interest in B)

I know... terrible!!!!!!!!!! I knew something was not right when they didn't take my deposit even that they took card! and I was calling them 4 times during last month or so to check if everything is fine coz no deposit has been taken and was assure that everything is ok and that they will take deposit shortly! grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr..... how hotels can even do that!!?????

I had a missed call on my phone - no message left and after reading this thought I better check - you sure enough telling me that they were transferring my TWO rooms there. Much arguing later - managed to get three people into one room!

Not acceptable Park Inn...not acceptable at all - booked my room straight away and double checked the booking a few weeks ago.

I'm am so sorry for those of you who have been so inconvenienced....I've just checked my reservation and seem to be one of the lucky ones who are definitely booked in at the Park....notwithstanding, that's pretty poor service and very upsetting so close to the Convention...

Deeds xx

Just got a call from park inn that they had to change my hotel to the ibis one due to some problems with reservations agrrrrrr. :thumbup: hopefully it won't rain when i will be walking in the costume to the party!!:thumbup:

yes just posted about that myself i booked my room may 13th so am very upset that prople booking after me have there rooms but i've been kicked out also phoned the ibis and been told they have no record of me being transfered to them

I FEEL SICK this was my birthday treat i booked over 6months ago using a credit card but they have not taken a deposit so i've lost my room i asked why we are still getting charged the same price for the ibis and was told that for breakfast and a booking fee also only got the room for two night had booked for 3.... ibis still say they have no booking

Edited by david111066

It seems that the earlier you booked the room the more likely you were to get bumped - this is something that I think TPTB need to look at and take up with the Park Inn on our behalf. It is really not acceptable less than 24 hours before the event!

The people who booked earliest appear to have been penalised by the hotel!

Thought I must be one of the lucky ones ...booked in May and NOT bumped to the Ibis .....

How wrong can you be .... yes I am at the Park Inn ...BUT not for the nights I booked !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I booked Friday and Saturday ...... they sent me a confirmation in May for those nights ....

I called today to double check that we had not been bumped to the IBIS .....only to be told that I was booked in for Saturday and Sunday ......and of course there are NO rooms available for Friday night

so not only gutted by Guest cancellations ...but am now staying in 2 different Hotels ......

sheer incompetence!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

To all of you who have been moved to the Ibis, sorry to hear that.

The Ibis is basic, but it's clean and only five minutes from the Park Inn.

(Actually did the round trip last year in six minutes when they said that tickets for 7.6 would be going on sale at the end of the auction as I'd left the slip in my room)

One thing, please could you keep the noise down when you come in from the parties.

Some of us need our beauty sleep.

To all of you who have been moved to the Ibis, sorry to hear that.

The Ibis is basic, but it's clean and only five minutes from the Park Inn.

(Actually did the round trip last year in six minutes when they said that tickets for 7.6 would be going on sale at the end of the auction as I'd left the slip in my room)

One thing, please could you keep the noise down when you come in from the parties.

Some of us need our beauty sleep.

But if people wanted to stay at a "basic" hotel a "five/six" minute walk away they would have booked it. The Isis in no way compares to the Park Inn - it is a cheaper hotel yet people will be paying the Park Inn Price - not acceptable in any way shape or form!

I am on my own this weekend. It makes me feel very uneasy having to go from one hotel to the other. I am attending the convention therefore should be staying in that hotel. I am really furious and being moved. I gave them my credit card details so why didn't they take the deposit? Terrible customer service.

I know this is really frustrating and very unprofessional on their part, but at least it's literally across the road

Not much consolation I know.

Would you like to give up your room at the Park Inn and stay at the Ibis then since it is just across the road? Lol One of the poor unfortunate souls who have been shoved there I am sure would appreciate the room!

I am on my own this weekend. It makes me feel very uneasy having to go from one hotel to the other. I am attending the convention therefore should be staying in that hotel. I am really furious and being moved. I gave them my credit card details so why didn't they take the deposit? Terrible customer service.

I guess they knew that they overbooking already and all going via convention left till the end in case they will get direct bookings...

Anyway damage is done...

Helen you can always walk with all of us to the park inn:) there is quite few of us moved to ibis so you won't feel lonely :)) will see you there

Thank you, I really appreciate that. I am hoping that the weekend's better than I'm expecting it to be. the guests I thought I can deal with but now with the hotel has put me on a massive downer. I am looking forward to making some new friends.

Yeah I also got rebooked to the Ibis, tbh I find it rather upsetting that we have to call them to ask if our booking was okay. We booked our hotel in May and a few months ago we called if everything was still okay. They promised us then everything is good...and now they dare to tell us we got rebooked...How unproffesional

I think this event has become the worst ever for me. Guest cancelling, yes I wasn't happy but I could understand even though atm I don't really have anyone who I wanna meet, since I already met Torri previously, I could have better spend my money on Chevron 7.8. Obv if Ben is going to Chevron 7.8 I will be so upset :blink:

I'm a person who needs everything planned into the smallest details, from when I leave and get the trains till when I arrive.

Where I stay and how it looks and all that.

So now them cancelling my hotel, just made me completly freak out and panick.

And not to mention that I hardly know anyone going this year... Oh well I guess its time to get more social and try to meet some people :)

Didn't have a message on my phone, but as luck would have it, I rang them to change our booking from 3 people to 4 earlier tonight, and that's when I found out!

Stayed at the Ibis the last time Chevron was in Northampton, and there were no problems. Yes, it's a few minutes walk away, but we are getting drinks vouchers as an apology and we can still have breakfast at the Park Inn and use all their facilities.

I was told to use the Park Inn car park too, as they won't charge us, whereas the Ibis will.

What else is gonna go wrong, I ask myself?!

Actually, I don't care. Been to every Chevron, loved 'em all, nothing's gonna stop me from having a good time!

Also, the Chinese buffet place on the corner of the Ibis is ace!

Edited by jenab103

I've just had to waste another 45 minutes re-phoning to check my reservation...."Clerical Error" was the reason given....I am lucky that I AM booked in at the Park, but my friend has been lied to once today and assured that she WAS booked in but now is NOT!....:firedevil:

As I'm fresh from an ongoing battle royal with British Airways over compensation I am quite prepared to stand my ground to get decent recompense for her......

This service is utterly appalling and disgusting that so many people are now stressed beyond belief before travelling up to a Convention....

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva

i'm not going to this event but cant believe how many people have been moved across the road. i live in northampton and it is literally over the road so not too far to travel but even so that is terrible. its not like its even 1 or 2 of you there seems to be a rather large amount of you. i would seriously consider complaining when you get there and tell them you are paying the ibis price not the park inn price - strength in numbers and all that .... good luck!

I've been told that the price will be £68 .....but quite frankly I won't believe anything until I see whoever is in charge face to face... :blink:

I would make sure that anything you've been offered has been double, triple and quadruple checked....

Deeds xx

Yeah well I just phoned them again because tbh I really can't deal with all of this and I really am trying but atm it's not working. I still have to travel (what for me is a nightmare before already). I am still doubting if I am willing to travel and have all this stress. Yes it's a waste of money, but the only reason I was still coming was because Park Inn hotel is a good hotel and Torri..

They just told me that only the disabled people (because apparently there is a law against it) and people with a single can stay in the hotel.

While I can understand about the disabled, I don't get why they then can't just keep the people who booked first and those late relocate.

Yeah it might sound horrible but for someone with severe panick attack and an anxiety disorded, and someone who 3 years never did a con because of that, it's a rather big deal...Not to say that everyone else should have to deal with it either becuase Im sure all of us are now extremly stressing...

Also I asked about the price and we still have to pay the full price of the Park Inn hotel and we only get some drank vouchers.

I told them that the Ibis is cheaper and then they just told me that is because they don't do breakfast.

And that is why they keep the price to what it is.