so just cause I had to say this

Gatewhale

would LOVE to meet Claudia because I've not met her yet :YAHOO: and I do believe (apart from Amanda, kinda) that she is the last main cast member to need to meet :thumbup:

that said, it is a bit late in the say to announce such a main cast guest, even though it is true that technically it's not too late

if SM/ME were able to get a big guest like Claudia, they'd probably try to secure her long ways away before the con to allow people to be able to save and of course buy tickets early on :borg:

however, I realise that, in the case of this Chev and Chev 7.5, this doesn't always pan out :dance::thumbup:

surfy sah xx

Shame that the two big name guests have both been unable to attend. I suspect that in Chris's case there may have been pressure from the film company for him not to travel to Europe in case we get the snow that's hit the east coast of the USA.

I remember going to an event soon after 9/11 and one of the guests was told not to fly to the UK by the TV company that made the series she was appearing in, even though filming was finished.

Personally a little disappointed at the replacements, as I've met them all at previous Chevrons. We'll still have a good time, especially as I've wanted to meet Vanessa for a long time, probably third on my list of female guests. Torri, Alexis and Peter all give entertaining talks, but I would have liked to have seen one more guest that I've not met before.

Hopefully February will not suffer the same fate (PLEASE).

See you all this weekend.

Edited by Ian Barker

Well my gold days are over :( . Don't blame ME for the cancellations, must be a nightmare for them especially including the TW and HW cancellations, and appreciate all their hard work. Don't expect JF, MS or CB since they could probably sell out an event on their own. However, in my opinion, this line-up does not meet what we expected. I absolutely want to support ME, their events are fantastic and their crew is terrific, but it will not be gold. Between this and my personal issues with the way they seat the main hall, It just doesn't make sense.

That being said, still looking forward to a fun weekend :D

Bought gold for Ben! He cancelled...was devastated but thought ok I can still meet Chris Judge...nope! Big waste of over £300 :(

Still not sure whether I'm coming or now :YAHOO::D

Bought gold for Ben! He cancelled...was devastated but thought ok I can still meet Chris Judge...nope! Big waste of over £300 :(

Still not sure whether I'm coming or now :dance::(

I haven't bought a Gold ticket at ANY convention for about 3 years now.....with the recession, guest availability or lack thereof, and in some cases still rising ticket/extras prices it's just not worth it....

Of course I'm lucky...I've now seen all the "Big Four" and met Ben once.....in fact the only major cast member I have left to meet is Claudia and I don't hold out much hope for that one.....

For me now the overall Con experience is fine in the "cheap seats" at the back and picking and choosing which photo ops I want...

I might possibly be tempted with a Gold if Michael Shanks comes back but even then I'd have to think very carefully....

I'm still looking forward to meeting up with all my friends and partaying and I know that the guests we've got will put on a great show....;)

Deeds xx