Guest Cancellation - CHRIS JUDGE

Massive Events

• Showmasters Admin

Hi everyone,

We are really sorry to say that Chris Judge had had to postpone his appearance at Chevron 7.7!

He is currently filming The Dark Knight Rises and while he had the time booked off to come over to the show his shooting schedule has changed and the production company are unable to release him!

Whilst we are disappointed Chris can't make the event we are pleased that he is still working and also on such a high profile movie. We wish him the best and will definitely be bringing him back to a future event.

On a personal note, Chris was actually really upset about not being able to make the event as he loves seeing you all so much. He is definitely looking forward to making it up to everyone as soon as we can next get him back over to The UK.

Take care,

Mark

• Like 1

I'm buying lottery tickets tonight....I told a friend yesterday that I had a feeling Chris would cancel.... :thumbup:

I actually thought it would have been due to the schedule of the other film he talks about filming in an interview ...a 12 week stint in Virginia and the Bahamas on something called "To Have and To Hold"... :YAHOO:

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva

Now im annoyed again as I only booked yesterday for Chris and Vanessa, and the 3 replacements ive met so many times now ive got nothing left for them to sign, not to mention after the number of events they've done, they cant possibly have anything else to say about SG ;)

If I could have got a refund on everything (hotel, trains etc) I wouldnt have bothered now ;)

i paid for an in costume photo shoot. was realy looking forward to meeting him. it cost me £25. i read there will be a group photo shoot for that same price. will our in costume photo shoot with chris be swapped for the group photo shoot enstead? or will out money be refunded and we then have to pay again for the group photo shoot? pleas coupd you answer this question? an if possible i would like to exchange my chris judge in costume shoot for the group shoot.

Edited by stargate geek emily

getting a bit annoyed now. i was ok with ben canceling but now chris aswell. and there still havent been replacements for ben. is 2 guests worth the money we paid. plus i paid for a costume photo shoot with chris. when will i get my money back for that? come on showmaster you need to work now to get some good guests.

p.s. what will happen about those who bought photo shoots with chris?

They have announced replacement guests!

getting a bit annoyed now. i was ok with ben canceling but now chris aswell. and there still havent been replacements for ben. is 2 guests worth the money we paid. plus i paid for a costume photo shoot with chris. when will i get my money back for that? come on showmaster you need to work now to get some good guests.

p.s. what will happen about those who bought photo shoots with chris?

Additional photo shoots that have been purchased will be refunded. Normally that happens after the event.

Three additonal guests have been announced. It is never a case of 'x' is a replacement for 'a', 'y' being a replacementh for 'b', and so on.

Greatttt, two big names cancelled excellent. I really only bought a ticket for Chris Judge, and yes I understand why people are saying 'thanks for replacements' and such but to be honest It's not really good enough, swapping big names for little ones. No main SG actor there?! Cost a lot too, feel more sorry for those who bought gold and are coming over from another country :D

For mine and my boyfriends first convention, what a let down. :P

• Moderators

As with any convention, organisers have to get the guests that they can. At short notice I think they've done a very good job.

It's unfortunate that this is your first convention experience. Sometimes it works out perfectly, while other times this happens. It's always going to be risky booking for one particular guest.

but to be honest It's not really good enough, swapping big names for little ones. No main SG actor there?!
Torri Higginson was a main cast member for three seasons, which was two seasons more than either of her effective replacements.

If you mean a direct replacment from SG-1 then it does not work like that. You may not get a like for like replacement from the same show of the franchise. It depends on guest availabaility, especially at such short notice. Plus this is a Stargate convention that covers all of the shows within the franchise when possible. It is not a SG-1 convention.

Now I'm really fed up. The other guests go no way to replace Chris and Ben. I've met all the others before. It costs a lot of money to come to these events and they've always been good but there needs to be a real star guest now to make up for Chris and Ben not coming.

That bugger is well placed!! So disappointed at Chris cancelling. This my first convention and bought a gold ticket purely because of Chris and Ben and now both gone, how unfair is that!!

Although the other guests are fab and will be good to meet them, its not quite the same is it.

I have also bought a gold ticket for 7.8 because of Amanda Tapping, if this happens again then I will seriously question buying again for chevron, no members of SG1 or Atlantis team, do feel let down

That bugger is well placed!! So disappointed at Chris cancelling. This my first convention and bought a gold ticket purely because of Chris and Ben and now both gone, how unfair is that!!

Although the other guests are fab and will be good to meet them, its not quite the same is it.

I have also bought a gold ticket for 7.8 because of Amanda Tapping, if this happens again then I will seriously question buying again for chevron, no members of SG1 or Atlantis team, do feel let down

i feel let down afewll. toy was main cast member of atlantis but not in the same league as chris or ben. i am anoysed. they say dont book for 1 and i understand that- but when both big guests cancle thats realy annoying. everyone is annoyed. but atleast they didnt cancle the event. i hope i will still enjoy myself and eveyone else too.

I bought gold as well and was looking forward to meet them both, but what can we do apart to wish them good luck and waiting to see them on big screen again:) It will be brilliant to meet other guests:) haven't meet any of them so very happy anyway:)

If I wanted this kind of punishment I'd have kept thwacking my backside with the birch twig...reckon you'll need Too Tall to handle the complaints on this one:-). Any chance with the next one you could book no guests at all and then go "SURPRISE!!" when some actually turn up:-) . I'll be pleased to stand in for Chris on the Saturday - don't mind signing a few 10x8's and a natter on the stage... Just Wishing it was April 1st instead of Halloween...

Edited by KirkEnterprise

i am very disapointed the two people that where the reason for me bying a gold ticket have cancled and though there is nothing wrong with the new guest they just dont have the same pull for me plus i've allready meet them. oh well there is till venessa and musetta (from xena one of my all time fav shows)

I suppose we have to be grateful that they are working. I'm not as disappointed as last year when Michael cancelled but I'd not met either and Lexa had scrawled all over a photo of her and Ben for me to get him to sign - would have been a true original. Still, of the new guests, I've only met Peter Williams so it should still be a great weekend and isn't an awful lot of the weekend about meeting and talking to like minded people who don't think you are an absolute nutter to go to cons?

i paid for an in costume photo shoot. was realy looking forward to meeting him. it cost me £25. i read there will be a group photo shoot for that same price. will our in costume photo shoot with chris be swapped for the group photo shoot enstead? or will out money be refunded and we then have to pay again for the group photo shoot? pleas coupd you answer this question? an if possible i would like to exchange my chris judge in costume shoot for the group shoot.

Photoshoot refunds will be dealt with at the event to save time and fuss. You can transfer the value of your cancelled photoshoots to other photoshoots/autograph vouchers at the reg desk, or you can have the refund keyed to your credit/debit card (but these take a few days to clear). Any refunds not handled at the show will be sent afterwards.