Photo Thread

adriangill

what camera do you use?!

It's a Nikon D60 with a Nikon AF-S 55-200mm f4-5.6 VR lens. So pretty basic really in SLR terms but I do try and wait for a good moment/expression/pose etc to capture.

I was sitting on the end of the first row of the silver section. Not sure how many rows back that was. I shot using RAW mode and was switching between ISO800 and 1600 depending on where the person was standing/sitting. They're all cropped a bit too but I've done almost no post-processing. Just tweaked the white balance, contrast etc a little. Converted to jpegs using Adobe Camera Raw.

My EMS and LFCC photos were all taken with this camera too though I didn't use the same zoom lens on the LFCC ones unfortunately so had to crop more and they're not as sharp.

Ok, well at the request of 1of2 here's a few more he's asked me to post here (about same size as last lot).
Snap

Wow, now I get it. You've caught almost the exact same moment from a different angle. How uncanny.

We both obviously have a good eye for a shot :)

Do you have more HD pictures from the talks ? :) Mine are really crappy :whistling:

I'm sure more will be posted but all mine are actually at this link

https://picasaweb.google.com/howard.crowe/Hallowhedon3

Just click on the pictures to make them bigger and you can also display in full screen at a reasonable resolution.

Edited by Rockstar6662

Hi Howard you took some amazing photos of the guests, glad you had a good time at your first con, sorry we still didnt catch up, was running around in 2 places at once.

Thanks. Happy everyone is liking the photos, very happy myself but surprised more haven't been posted. Always great to see the way other people view the event even if you might think they may not be as good as some others.

Your wish is my command! (Although they're not HD or anything, and apologies for the head obscuring the last group shot. :D)

OK, here are some of my shots from the talks:

CharismaAmberFridayreduced2-1.jpg

CharismaSatTalkreduced.jpg

AmberSattalkreduced.jpg

AdamSatTalkreduced.jpg

AnthonyHeadSatTalkreduced.jpg

AdamandAmberSunTalkreduced.jpg

CharismaandPhinaSunTalkreduced.jpg

GroupSunTalkreduced.jpg

And here are my photoshoots (please excuse my crappy scanner - plus the rather surreal group shot, hee):

CharismaCarpenterandIreduced2.jpg

AmberBensonandIreduced.jpg

AdamBuschandIreduced.jpg

PhinaOrucheandIreduced.jpg

AnthonyHeadandIreduced.jpg

Groupshotwithmereduced.jpg

Groupshotreduced.jpg

Edited by CosmicAvatar

Your wish is my command! (Although they're not HD or anything, and apologies for the head obscuring the last group shot. :lol:)

OK, here are some of my shots from the talks:

great. Love the one of Amber with the mic on her head. She was doing some weird poses.

Nice to see one of Charisma and Phina too as I missed out on their talk session (albeit for a brilliant reason).

And here are my photoshoots (please excuse my crappy scanner - plus the rather surreal group shot, hee):

The group shot is great isn't it? Weird but great. I'd love to know what kind of conversation gave rise to those poses.

Love that we got the chance for a group shot with us in too.

Aw you had really lovely photos.

I'm so delighted with them :lol:

Should be, they're really great. Bit of an Amber fan obviously. I haven't scanned mine yet. No poses or anything in mine, never think to ask and afraid they'd say no but still love having them anyway.

I remember you from Ambers' guest encounter on Sunday. That was both interesting and great fun. Fabulous way to round the weekend off.

All your photos are so good! I didn't take that many but you can see them on FB https://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=726215722 (you will need to friend me) - I know there's a lot of you I met whose names I didn't catch (seem to remember more forum names than real names, lol!) so I can't look you up!

The group shot was my favourite photo from the weekend - all the guests were having fun and seemed more relaxed so it came out really well :)

HW3GroupPhoto.jpg