Billy Boyd,

Well in my opinion i think the crew did a pretty good job considerin the amount of people there who wanted to meet the stars. it cant be easy tryin to keep everyone under control.

wasnt impressed when they closed the queue rite in front of me when i tryed to meet andy, but apart from that they did alrite.

• Replies 216
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

He sounds like a right spam. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. Idiot.  :wub:

Obviously your comment is WAY out of line here...

I was also a bit annoyed about not being able to take a pic (but I admit that I got someone else to stand in the part where the autographs were being signed for a pic of Billy) but I was in the first 200 hundred to get a meeting with Billy (along with my 7 year old son) and the pics had JUST been stopped before us....

BUT at that time Billy wasn't as tired as he was later, and I found him to be absolutely charming and he asked my son questions as we got a bit star struck lol and went very quiet......unusual for me.....and he offered Callum a photo - though I didn't take one.

I find your comments about him being an *------* offensive, you don't know him to say that and it's most insulting to say that behind someone's back anyway. Billy DID fly straight in from L.A to come and meet and greet us fans - and it doesn't matter about which class he flew in, there is such a thing as TIME difference concerned here and for God's sake he's only human!!

He could have done a Denethor and took him self off after lunch and not signed any more but he didn't - he carried on AND stayed for the talks too.

Yes, I wish I had had longer with Billy AND taken a photo, but at the end of the day I still met him :)

POPPY : It's Lisa!!! (Callum says HELLO!!!!) I understand totally what you are saying (I warned you about the photo's didn't I!! lol) and would have been just a miffed if I had felt that I had qued up and not got what I had hoped for (and I know it wasn't directly shot at Billy even if some people don't!)

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODERATOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :angry:

Obviously your comment is WAY out of line here...

I was also a bit annoyed about not being able to take a pic (but I admit that I got someone else to stand in the part where the autographs were being signed for a pic of Billy) but I was in the first 200 hundred to get a meeting with Billy (along with my 7 year old son) and the pics had JUST been stopped before us....

BUT at that time Billy wasn't as tired as he was later, and I found him to be absolutely charming and he asked my son questions as we got a bit star struck lol and went very quiet......unusual for me.....and he offered Callum a photo - though I didn't take one.

I find your comments about him being an *------* offensive, you don't know him to say that and it's most insulting to say that behind someone's back anyway. Billy DID fly straight in from L.A to come and meet and greet us fans - and it doesn't matter about which class he flew in, there is such a thing as TIME difference concerned here and for God's sake he's only human!!

He could have done a Denethor and took him self off after lunch and not signed any more but he didn't - he carried on AND stayed for the talks too.

Yes, I wish I had had longer with Billy AND taken a photo, but at the end of the day I still met him :)

POPPY : It's Lisa!!! (Callum says HELLO!!!!) I understand totally what you are saying (I warned you about the photo's didn't I!! lol) and would have been just a miffed if I had felt that I had qued up and not got what I had hoped for (and I know it wasn't directly shot at Billy even if some people don't!)

Hey Brandinschick,

Remember me?? My friend and I were sat behind you in saturday talk 1, you were so lovely about helping us decide whether to go to that party or not, we decided not to go in the end! Say hello to your son from us, I bet he loved Andy in the talk!! We certainly did.

I totally agree with what you said about there being a time difference from LA to here, it doesnt matter what class you fly in, 9 hours time difference WILL MAKE A DIFFERENCE!!

Anyways maybe see you at collectormainia? xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Edited by billy_bob

woah!!!

whats with people in here? (no offense) but i really dont think there is any need to get at billy. or sm for that matter. billy is human. so what if he had a bad day? and you might not think it but sm are human too. i mean to say they are peopel just trying to do a good thing!

so yeah... there were a few things that i would have loved to be different ... but i had an amazing weekend so im not complaining!

Right......

This is not a go at SM just at these stupid ppl who have no clue what they are talking about. I have had enough of ppl having a go at billy and for what. If SM wanted to give ppl what they really wanted then they would let the fans have time and let them have pictures with the guests of their choice. I do NOT understand the BIG deal with NOT allowing ppl to take pictures while queuing. I mean what is up with that. how the hell is it holding anyone up. and as for the coment that someone here made about if SM wanted to make money then they would make it the prices of autographs more expensive and only allowing dealers to purchase them. well dealers are the scum of the earth. They only want to make money off the backs of others. Not like true fans. And as for the coment about him being on I'm a celeb get me out of here in 2010...well mate at least he would be doing something for charity. And YES I would surpport him cos that is what fans do. you are just player hating cos you wish that you have only a handfull of ppl that where waitting for billy wanting to see you. And NO I DO NOT FANCY BILLY. I love his work and his humour. So that is my rant over and done with. Ppl if you want to slag billy then go and do it somewhere else. Or better still go and get a life. your point will not be excepted here. :angel:

I could have got some fantastic pictures of Billy while i was waiting in the queue doing nothing, the fact that I was banned from doing it REALLY upset me and I just wanted to go home! It doesn't hold the queue up! I was just standing there!

Taking a photograph whilst in the queue DOES NOT hold up the process and most people have the equipment to get a decent result.

and also my main point is TAKING PHOTOS IN THE QUEUE DOES NOT HOLD THE QUEUE UP< I WAS JUST STANDING THERE!

Also I was just standing in the queue, camera at the ready and the people in front were meeting him, but I had a good view, so there is absolutely no way that i would have held up the queue.

As I have said, I understand the whole - no photos with the stars thing, but I was just standing doing nothin in the queue!

BUT STANDING IN A QUEUE, TAKING PICTURES WHEN THE PERSON IN FRONT OF YOU IS MEETING THEM, DOESN;T TAKE UP ANY TIME. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE!!!

Houdinia.. what about the banning of taking photos whilst waiting in the queue?? there is no hold-up, yet it happened..

The overall complaint is no photos at all. Fine no photos with him, but whilst your waiting not being able to take one when he was actually signing seemed odd.

I do NOT understand the BIG deal with NOT allowing ppl to take pictures while queuing. I mean what is up with that. how the hell is it holding anyone up. 

the decision to stop photos was not taken lightly. while i sympathise with the people who didn't get to spend as much time as they wanted with billy, the facts prove that allowing pictures from the queue slows the queue significantly. we allowed these photos on sunday morning and 200... yes 200 people never saw billy as a result. it was because people abused this kind of photography that we had to stop it completely. your beef is with the people who were asked to take photos from the queue only then insisted on holding up the queue anyway, taking several posed photos each.

HOUDINIA

Edited by houdinia

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODEARTOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  ;)

as for this post - how come this has been allowed? this post can easilly be affensive (yes soz I can't spell) and alot of people have already posted a reply to it (read to see their reactions).

I notice some posts edited by the moderater (here here if they are unsuitable!!) so why has this one been allowed??!?!?! :yoda:;);)

just wandering!!!

(please notice I am NOT attacking in any way the AUTHER of the post - just the CONTENTS - yes there is a DIFFERENCE!)

surfy sah xx

sorry for the delay in editing this post

bb

" [DELETED BY MODERATOR] "Your the only [DELETED BY MODERATOR] around here mate. May I just say that Billy had to fly in THAT MORNING!!!!!!!!!!!!! How would you like to come off a plane and be confronted with a couple of hunderd people all wanting a piece of you......have a bit of f....Ing respect!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!You have to understand that everyone can't be happy 24/7. The poor bugger was soo tried you could see it in his face. As for him being not interested with his fans.............What A LOAD OF RUBBISH..........I met billy a few times now. Never have I known him be rude or not give a s***. I think the people you need to be pissed with are the organisors of the event. Telling a load of bulls*** lies just to get their money. Why lie to people. It would be better to say....." hey sorry, we haven't made enough money today. we need to rush people through to make more....please no photos" These reguests where not made my the guests but by the organisors. It happened to me at C4 with Elijah....NO Photos. SM I had a great time and will be going to C5 but please make these reguests known to people so they prepared for what might happen. THIS IS NOT A JIBE.......ONLY TO THAT [DELETED BY MODERATOR]

i'm going to have to ask you to be more careful with your choice of language please

bb

Andy Serkis more than made up for it though. He was really friendly and made every effort to chat to myself and my daughter.

Andy certainly was very amiable and happy to pose for photos - thanks to the lovely lady who took the picture of Andy, Yeltz, myself and Ashley for Serkis-Online! :wub:

Billy made every effort to please us all. I am more than happy to swap a few words and take a couple of photos of him . :P

I know I'm going to make a twit of myself here, but please be gentle with me. :P

When I met Billy on Saturday, he seemed fairly subdued, to be honest, and I was worried about how it was going to go. I put it down to the poor bugger being totally knackered after not long having flown in, and I have the utmost respect for him for actually honouring his contract. Also, as anyone who's met me can testify, I'm neither the slimmest nor most attractive person in the world and I don't particularly like myself - so I'm afraid paranoia always sets in with me in situations like this because I immediately assume people want me out of their immediate vicinity asap. :lol: However, when I was talking to him, I found Billy perfectly charming, if occasionally slightly distant, but that was clearly due to tiredness. He was very sweet - especially when I spoke about how I felt Pippin had developed as a character over the 2 movies and how every time I've seen ROTK the entire cinema goes dead quiet and you can hear a pin drop during the scene where Pippin sings for Denethor and how powerful that scene is: he seemed genuinely pleased and touched. He also personalised my autograph and had no problem with me asking him (politely) if it would be okay to give him a hug.

As for Sunday... Well, big ups and big hugs to Troy (you're a true gentleman) and the ladies at the head of Billy's queue because personally Rosie and I thought they were very pleasant and polite. Rosie and I both got chance to chat and ask questions and Billy was again lovely and charming and a lot brighter. He also personalised our photos without being asked and despite the "ban", and we were treated with respect by all concerned. Billy also asked me if I wanted a hug before I left, which thrilled me silly! :lol:

All in all, because of my own good experiences, my heart goes out to those of you whose experiences weren't good ones - I can't even begin to imagine how unhappy this must have made you. {{{{hugs}}}} However, I do not believe that any of the crew on Billy's queue (big up to Rachie) deliberately set out to **** people off or spoil their day, and that if it had been in their power to grant everyone everything they wanted, they would've done it.

hey there! i havent read all the posts here but ive seen enough really. Firstly I totally agree with you yeltz lass. aww bless billy asking you for a hug, omg i would have died! So.....

If people are referring to rachie (whos leaving england now because of this mess up and other reasons too) and the other people in charge of billys que, about rushing people and putting a ban all the photos...You really cant balme them, they are doing their job. Obviously they wouldnt have rushed billy if it wasnt needed. But if 800 tickets were given out then billy has to get through that amount of people. Then im afraid it seems wise to put a ban on having a photo with him. Im not sure a ban on photos before u met him was needed??? i didnt know that even happened?

The thing is, the earlier you are the better it is. I was like 10th and got a pic with billy and hug. And Yes i felt Billy wasnt himself that weekend especially in the talk. Ive met him before and he seemed much happier. I personally think he was ill/jetlagged and for all we know may have other problems on his mind. I put my hat off to him, he was trying to put his heart and soul into the fans, and i think he succeeded in that. After all he came straight from the airport, after his plane being delayed and already had 800 people to get through within 6 hours. And i dont know how he did it, but he managed it. So i dont think its anyones fault about this, its just the way it had to be in order to keep everyone happy.

Edited by lordyislife

as for the coment that someone here made about if SM wanted to make money then they would make it the prices of autographs more expensive and only allowing dealers to purchase them. well dealers are the scum of the earth. They only want to make money off the backs of others. Not like true fans.

Elf, I think you really missed the point of what I was saying. I am certainly not someone who doesn't know what they are talking about or just a wannabe who craves adulation. I am a published playwright both here and in the States, I regularly organise events with actors signing and do not run for profits, I raise money for charity. In addition I do not charge the merchandisers to sell items at my events but they make voluntary donations. I keep entry prices at the lowest level possible to cover the costs of bringing guests to meet fans and still make money for the charity.

My comments were aimed at those people who think Showmasters are only out to make money and exploit fans. I said that there are easier ways to make a lot of money quickly but these do not benefit fans in any way. I only suggested selling exclusively to dealers as a way it would be possible to make more money and not worry about fans.

Showmasters DO care about the quality of event offered to their attendees and try their hardest to keep everyone happy. There was nothing else intended in what I wrote earlier on. I hope this makes sense now.

it is my understanding that when it says "no photos" it means WITH the star and not of them!!! xx

Not in this case, we were there when it was first announced (within the 1st hundred tickets - so in this case getting there early didn't really help). Anyway we clarifified it with Houdinia (thanks for not getting snarky with us by the way), we thought as there was 2 of us one could take a photo (not with but of Billy) while he was signing the others and vise versa. We were told that no photos at all were allowed as they would encourage other people to ask for posed photos and slow the queue down. We were disappointed as I've been an avid photographer for 7 years and taking the photos rather than gettitng the autographs is more important to me. But I appreciated the meeting and had a good time - so I guess you can't win them all.

Lorannah

sorry my bad for dodgy explaining: at the time this comment was imbedded with a loada others (I think with Poppy's) cause she was protesting you weren't allowed to take photos OF the star FROM THE QUEUE and hence I said it was my understanding that that was fine...

I hope this makes sense?!?!

xx

I can't believe people are dissing Billy. Ive had the chance to meet Billy countless times over the last year and he out of most the guys is one of the most down to earth. He is so lovely and kind, i do believe he was tired cuz I noticed he wasn't his usual self. As for getting a flight on friday, maybe he had work to do in the states. Shouldn't we be gratful he was gonna fly here and then sign 2 days. After all he never knew his flight was gonna be delayed. give the man a break, it wasn't him that said no photo's it was showmasters. And this was done so more people cud see him.

I said in my post re: billy getting a flight on friday that I assumed it was something to do with his working commitments, I was not AT ALL being unappreciative of billy and did not once mention that it was his fault the plane was delayed - how rediculous would that be! I was turned up to the event not expecting to meet anyone (I was gunna get up early on sunday for that) but was lucky enough to be standing around in that section when they said "no ticket needed". I was simply raising the issue of was there a possibilty of him getting a friday flight (as no one else had mentioned it) in the regard to the poor love being so tired - if he had had a flight on friday, he could have been rested etc for the weekend! it was NOT from the point of view "omg look at him he's not bothering bout his fans". please everyone read my posts properly before posting replies that make me out to be a bad and evil person!!!!!

thanks!

xx

He sounds like a [DELETED BY MODEARTOR]. I'm fed up with these primadonna stars and their attitudes. Don't let it bother you. How could he have Jet-Lag ? I bet he flew 1st class where they practically have beds as seats and you can sleep all the way home from america, therefore not being tired when you reach the UK. [DELETED BY MODERATOR].  :angry:

as for this post - how come this has been allowed? this post can easilly be affensive (yes soz I can't spell) and alot of people have already posted a reply to it (read to see their reactions).

I notice some posts edited by the moderater (here here if they are unsuitable!!) so why has this one been allowed??!?!?! :P:huh::blink:

just wandering!!!

(please notice I am NOT attacking in any way the AUTHER of the post - just the CONTENTS - yes there is a DIFFERENCE!)

surfy sah xx

sorry for the delay in editing this post

bb

thankyou bb!!

I have just re-read what I wrote yesterday and it sounds really bitchy and like I am having a go at you!!

please be assured that this is NOT the case, I ment it more of a question and in no way anything else!!

that's what a full's days lecture's and sitting at the pc for 3hours reading hundreds of posts does to my mind, makes my words and explaining very bad, like it has done now, sorry!!!!!

Luv sah xx

Hey I havn't managed to read everyones points, I think I got up to page six, but I'm a little confsued! My point wasn't about slagging off billy, or complaining about not being able to have pictures taken WITH him BUT

THAT TO NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PICTURES IN THE QUEUE IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE, WITH MY CAMERA READY, AND I HAD THE MOST PERFECT VIEW BUT I WASN;T ALLOWED TO TAKE A PHOTO.

i really think what i was trying to say in my original post in this topic has got really lost in all these other posts.

My original thought was that it was stupid and no matter who I talk to and what anyone says I still cannot get my head around not being able to take pictures while standing doing nothing in the queue, I was just standing there doing nothing.

AND billy did look like he didn't wanna be there, but thats not saying i wasn;t delighted to have met him. I understand that he was over worked and tired etc, but I would love to meet him AGAIN when he's his usual self.

Also, I understand perfectly that taking pictures with billy takes hours and would stop people meeting them BUT taking pictures in the queue takes no time and was just the stupidest thing I ever heard. I was after all just standing there, probably arguing with Troy (hugs) regarding this stupid rule.

This is not a dig at show masters, who i'm sure by now, know that I think they do a fantatsic job but just that I think that one particular rule was stupid.

Well my final say will be.

Thanks SM for the chance to meet a wonderful actor and all round great guy. Who unlike some big stars still makes the effort to give his time to his fans. I feel lucky to have been able to have had just a few moments in his presence.

Thank you!

Edited by The Lady Elanor

Hey I havn't managed to read everyones points, I think I got up to page six, but I'm a little confsued! My point wasn't about slagging off billy, or complaining about not being able to have pictures taken WITH him BUT

THAT TO NOT BE ABLE TO TAKE PICTURES IN THE QUEUE IS THE STUPIDEST THING I HAVE EVER HEARD. I WAS JUST STANDING THERE, WITH MY CAMERA READY, AND I HAD THE MOST PERFECT VIEW BUT I WASN;T ALLOWED TO TAKE A PHOTO.

i really think what i was trying to say in my original post in this topic has got really lost in all these other posts.

My original thought was that it was stupid and no matter who I talk to and what anyone says I still cannot get my head around not being able to take pictures while standing doing nothing in the queue, I was just standing there doing nothing.

AND billy did look like he didn't wanna be there, but thats not saying i wasn;t delighted to have met him. I understand that he was over worked and tired etc, but I would love to meet him AGAIN when he's his usual self.

Also, I understand perfectly that taking pictures with billy takes hours and would stop people meeting them BUT taking pictures in the queue takes no time and was just the stupidest thing I ever heard. I was after all just standing there, probably arguing with Troy (hugs) regarding this stupid rule.

This is not a dig at show masters, who i'm sure by now, know that I think they do a fantatsic job but just that I think that one particular rule was stupid.

i think m8 that the problem is that people where not able to take a picture with him (Poseing etc), most peeps took pictures whilst in the que, and bare in mind his flight was delayed and he looked knackered.

But I can see some guys disapointment with his apparent attitude.

hey poppy I don't know but I'm thinking it would be cwl to!

please understand that my previous post was trying to back you and the fact that pics weren't allowed while QUEUEING.... not bout pics not being allowed at all and not about pics while the actor was signing your photo/item - which I think is what you were saying Lorannah!

Luv sah xx