where would you like a new big signing event to be ?

showmasters

232 members have voted

1. 1. location choice 1

• Manchester
    • Belfast
    • Norwich
    • Edinburgh
    • Swindon
    • none of the above
  2. 2. location choice 2

• Cardiff
    • Birmingham
    • Carlisle
    • Sheffield
    • none of the above
  3. 3. location choice 3

• Newcastle
    • Bristol
    • Southampton
    • Leeds
    • Belfast
    • none of the above

So I voted Swindon and Bristol - preferable Bristol because it takes 30 minutes on the bus to get to and then Swindon isn't too far or too much on the train plus a friend lives there.

Plus Bristol is more central for most to get to - and easy for me to get there :)

Coventry, Ricoh Arena, masses of parking and right next to a shopping centre.

SM did that already...it didn't pan out all that well! :thumbup: it's not all that easy to get to if you come by any other menthod other than by car! and there's nothing else really there!

atleast if it was Birmingham (which is expensive to get to from London, an open return is £45! :YAHOO:, but, only like 1hour40mins or something) there is the city centre not all that far away from the NEC so people who come as a family have the option of shopping :borg: (not that I'm sure the NEC is an option :thumbup:)

surfy sah xx

i was dubious about voting for this. I'm happy with what we have. I'm not local to any, but i can get to london, birmingham and milton keynes. The rest are out of my way, except norwich. I'd love norwich, but don't think i could expect big guests like I do at london, so I prob wouldn't go. I.d rather travel for a great show, as opposed to an average one on my door step, I think most fans that spend the money would agree

Manchester, Birmingham and Leeds.

I also wouldn't mind Cardiff would be great for Wales to have one and It would be a nice weekend trip :)

But as others said these three would enable me to spend a whole lot less on travel costs/hotels and therefore I'd be able to spend a whole lot more in the Con.

• 2 weeks later...

i voted 1) Edinburugh 2) Carlise 3) Newcastle i think it would be great to have a second event in or near scotland as there is only one event held here and we are really thankful and it is a great convention and has proved really popular i think a second convention in edinburgh or newcastle would prove just as popular :YAHOO:

Manchester, Birmingham, Leeds.

My main motivations (aside from being Mancunian) were

- Ease of access with major transport links of all kinds

- Plenty of nearby hotels

- Lots of potential convention venues

- For manc and b'ham there have been sucessful events at these in the past, and other conventions have been very recently sucessfully held.

- All within relatively short driving distance of a major airport.

Coventry, Ricoh Arena, masses of parking and right next to a shopping centre.

SM did that already...it didn't pan out all that well! :whistling: it's not all that easy to get to if you come by any other menthod other than by car! and there's nothing else really there!

atleast if it was Birmingham (which is expensive to get to from London, an open return is £45! :o, but, only like 1hour40mins or something) there is the city centre not all that far away from the NEC so people who come as a family have the option of shopping :D (not that I'm sure the NEC is an option :()

surfy sah xx

I did not know this...Thank you Surfy.

In that case I would like to change my vote to Birmigham NEC or NIA

Norwich please! Just because I live near there. I wonder where they would hold it in Norwich though...

Would be nice as we live in Ipswich, so could do daytrips no problem.I don't expect a con in Ipswich, nothing much happens here !

Why aren't Milton Keynes or London on these lists?

Because they are looking to diversify geographically rather than add new events in conurbations where they already have existing ones?

But in an ideal world, and in convenience for me, they'd just go ahead and hold every event worth holding at the MK Stadium. :F

• 2 weeks later...