• Spooks
    • Life on Mars sires
    • Star Trek
    • Supernatural
    • Red Dwarf
    • Terra Nova
    • none of the above

I voted none for all of the above.

I would like to see a con for the crime shows. Let's face it there are a lot of them out there and it could cover multiple shows:

NCIS

NCIS LA

Numb3rs

Criminal Minds

Hawaii 5-0

CSI

CSI NY

CSI Miami

The list is long and most of the guests have starred in other things.

I also exchanged Twitter messages with Alimi Ballard from Numb3rs earlier his replies are below after I explained it would be all about meeting the fans.

AlimiBallard alimi ballard

That sounds kinda LOVELY my friend!! Do tell...:thumbup:

Would simply LOVE that. :)

My PASSPORT stands at the ready. :)

So come on Showmasters I bet Alimi Ballard isn't the only actor on a crime show that would love to attend an event!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I voted as follows:

1. none of the above. The only one I am familiar with is the Alien films, and though I enjoyed them I am not a big enough fan to want to attend a dedicated event.

2. Star Wars. I've attended many Star Wars events over the years and am always keen to meet actors from the films. I'd love it if you could have an event with rarer guests (for example actors such as Christopher Malcolm and Cathy Munro), and I'd love you forever if you could get Harrison Ford and/or Mark Hamill (though I would be disappointed if the autograph prices were as high as they were at Celebration Europe).

3. Star Trek. I was really disappointed when the Warp convention was cancelled (though I had not booked a ticket as I was waiting for a big name to be announced, for example Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock or Leonard Nimoy - I know he's retired now, but at the time Warp was announced he was still atteding events).

Stop reading my mind :D what he said

• 1 month later...

I voted for Aliens i would proberly attend this con if it happend

next i voted for was the Star Wars con like others said got to get a couple of big names

lastly voted Red Dwarf i no there was to con before but with Series 10 on the herizon should be a lot of people intersted in it i went to the 2009 official con that was an amazing weekend

I am suprised that The Walking Dead or Falling Skies hasnt done enough for a con i would attend them

I agree a Walking Dead Convention would be great!

Edited by cunningham1471
  • Like 1

I voted

A] None of the above

B] Harry Potter

C] None of the above.

With so many of us picking none of the above we are an ungrateful bunch aren't we. :D

The problem I had with group one was the selection. I'm not into Twilight admittedly, but is another con for that needed? It's like the Buffy/Angel/Whedon ones. That subject has one so is covered.

Aliens would probably have been a big hit 20 years ago. It's such an old franchise I'm not sure the demand for it is there now. Especially after so many iffy films from 3 onwards.

If you were looking at an film franchise you may need to go more current like Pirates of the Caribbean, The Narnia films (and they are past their peak) or as I mentioned on another thread on these boards.

A con built around all these superhero movies. Between X-Men, Spidey, Thor, Captain America jumping over to DC's batman, Superman and the independent Watchmen or Kick Ass.

Group 2 the obvious stand out was Harry Potter. Was it that the guests wre wrong or was it just bad timing? IMO it's worth looking at again.

I think Merlin is a possibility, perhaps linking it with Robin of Sherwood as well? There hasn't been an Robin of Sherwood con in years I don't think.

Star Wars should have been the stand out. However there are other cons obviously not run by you in existance. So as I mentioned with Twilight and Whedon earlier you're creating for an audience that is catered for.

Finally group 3. Again you have well catered for with Star Trek. With Red Dwarf IMO it's time has been and gone as an stand alone convention. That along with Trek, Doctor Who, Blakes 7, Xena were done to death in the 80's and 90's. Yes they'll always be popular and they'll be demand for them, but IMO there are so many great and popular current shows that could have great conventions from Glee, Criminal Minds and CSI through to The Killing, The Good Wife and Primeval

Edited by cunningham1471

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Game of Thrones would just be epic, their is so many people from it that I would love to meet! Of course I would also love SM to have another go at a Lost convention but I know that will never happen.

I think your best shot would be if SM did an multi-con for JJ Abrahms shows which encompasses Lost, Fringe and Alcatraz

• 2 weeks later...

Star Trek is always good although after DSTL London not sure what could possibly top it and you would have to leave a sensible amount of time having cleaned us all in Oct!

Aliens would be great but I'd only be interested with some big names in attendance...

What I'd REALLY go for in a big way would be an Astronaut show. I enjoyed Autographica last Oct but It was only Edgar Mitchell and some shuttle Astros.

I'm thinking more along the lines of the Astronaut Scholarship Foundations show at KSC in Nov. Literally dozens of heroes including loads from GEMINI and APOLLO as well as a selection of shuttle Astros......

Game of Thrones would just be epic, their is so many people from it that I would love to meet! Of course I would also love SM to have another go at a Lost convention but I know that will never happen.

I think your best shot would be if SM did an multi-con for JJ Abrahms shows which encompasses Lost, Fringe and Alcatraz

I agree and was thinking the same. Maybe involve Trek too?

I agree and was thinking the same. Maybe involve Trek too?

• 4 weeks later...