• Life on Mars sires
    • Star Trek
    • Supernatural
    • Red Dwarf
    • Terra Nova
    • none of the above

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

ok its been some time sins we put up a poll to find out what you are all into and how many of you would attend a con for one of these subjects so help us make this happen and please vote , it will help us know what you want to attend .

also please post if you are into shows or films what you think would make a con that you would attend as we may have missed something you think would make a great con

we do listen and try to bring you a con you would want to attend so its worth voting .

one last thing we have also included Star Trek and Harry Potter events we have tried to run before but they have not had the interest to get them going or keep going in the past , but we would still love to put on these events if we can so if you do care about attending on of these event do vote .

i look forward to looking at the poll and seeing what you want to go to .

thanks for helping and do let your friends know about this poll it all helps

jason :D

• Like 1

I voted as follows:

1. none of the above. The only one I am familiar with is the Alien films, and though I enjoyed them I am not a big enough fan to want to attend a dedicated event.

2. Star Wars. I've attended many Star Wars events over the years and am always keen to meet actors from the films. I'd love it if you could have an event with rarer guests (for example actors such as Christopher Malcolm and Cathy Munro), and I'd love you forever if you could get Harrison Ford and/or Mark Hamill (though I would be disappointed if the autograph prices were as high as they were at Celebration Europe).

3. Star Trek. I was really disappointed when the Warp convention was cancelled (though I had not booked a ticket as I was waiting for a big name to be announced, for example Jeri Ryan, Jolene Blalock or Leonard Nimoy - I know he's retired now, but at the time Warp was announced he was still atteding events).

Edited by nosfer2

I put none of the above for all of them. Pretty much none of the shows listed interest me, except Alien, Star Wars, Star Trek, Red Dwarf, but I don't think they should have individual events based on them. I'd much rather just go to signing events to meet the people from them.

It's also funny how shows like Warehouse 13/Eureka/Haven aren't mentioned, when they have a pretty big fanbase in this country. Are SyFy shows off limits? I know they tend to get covered by 'the other show' but they're pretty much the only shows I watch on TV these days as they're head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion.

I also know it's been repeated by some people and you don't want to hear it, but is it really worth listing something like the Life of Mars series, and NOT having something like Lost on it? I take it it's purely because the cast of Life on Mars is British and would be cheaper

Edited by JacknDaniel

The Fades! THE FADES! THE FADES!!!!!

I voted, The Fades (as you may have guessed), Being Human and none of the above for the 3rd Section.

What about Misfits??? I love that show!! It's got quite a large following too. Could do a British sci-fi con, Misfits/The Fades maybe? 3 of the Main cast of The Fades are also cast members of Skins...Just saying :D

But I would DEFINITELY attend a Fades con. I'd book it off work straight away and I know 2 or 3 people who would definitely come as well!

one last thing, we have also included Star Trek and Harry Potter events. we have tried to run before but they have not had the interest to get them going or keep going in the past ,

If there's been little hope for ST and HP then surly there's no hope for others? I thought they'd be the most popular cons given the size and loyality of the fanbases.

I voted for none in part one, but there were three in part 2 I'd be interested in.. Merlin, Being Human and Harry Potter. So I voted for Harry Potter. Part 3 I wanted to vote Red Dwarf, but instead voted for Star Trek as my friend would love it! :D

I added Twilight Summer Ball because I thought that could be kinda awesome really ^^

Star Wars (Full weekend), however depends on guests to be honest. If we are only treated to the people who are very common at conventions (no disrespect meant, I love meeting people I've met before and catching up). Whip up something special Showmasters, and I am sure you could easily make this very very interesting

And the last was Terra Nova, as that was the only show I was really interested in of the ones listed, and again depending on guests would go for this :)

Also, what about Battestar Galactica? Couldn't that be done? And if not, what about combining that with maybe Star Trek like it has been done with Lord of the Rings and Game of Thrones? That would mean the audience were a bit larger and the show was more likely to happen?

I put none of the above for all of them. Pretty much none of the shows listed interest me,

It's also funny how shows like Warehouse 13/Eureka/Haven aren't mentioned, when they have a pretty big fanbase in this country. Are SyFy shows off limits? I know they tend to get covered by 'the other show' but they're pretty much the only shows I watch on TV these days as they're head and shoulders above the rest in my opinion.

totally agree none of these would make me go to a full weekend con!

can't believe there is no option for syfy shows esp Warehouse 13 - the channel's top rated show 2 years in a row in both the US & UK

supernatural, supernatural and erm did i mention supernatural, tho only if you can secure one of the winchester boys :P AND/OR Vampire Diaries. I know this didn't happen last year but maybe now??????

I have the secret circle recorded on my sky but haven't watched any of it yet, suppose i'll have to sort that out now if there might be a con in the works.

I WANT A BONES OR NCIS CON plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz plz

Other than that I just want the usual wants. Nathan Fillion :wub: Neil Patrick Harris :wub: David Boreanaz :wub: Mr and/or Mrs Denisof :wub::wub::whistling: any one of these would guarantee the sale of 3 vip tickets from me :thumbup:

OH AND I'VE DECIDED TO CAMPAIGN FOR jOSS EVERY YEAR IT'S ABOUT TIME HE GOT BACK OVER TO THE U.K. AND I'VE NOT MET HIM YET, PLUS I NEED HIS AUTOGRAPH FOR THE ULTIMATE TATTOO ;)

Edited by vampirellie

1) None

2) Star Wars

3) Star Trek

If I could have I would have also voted for Merlin and Red Dwarf.

I would like to see people from Terra Nova but I'm not sure if it has a large enough fanbase for it's own convention yet. Possibly a mixed event with Primeval? Add in Jurassic Park guests, and have a DinoFeast...or Conosaurus. I'll stop :whistling:

How about one of, or a mix of, CSI/NCIS/Bones?

aliens "trilogy"?

the last category is harsh! so many good shows!

humm, whos will vote for trek after 2 cxl's?

i voted aliens (if its the proper alien films that is)

star wars BUT you have to have some big names, im talking carrie, ewan ect.

spooks, cos I love spooks, trek has had 2cxl events already and we meet good cast lists from that at CM and LFCC and ive been to the official one, so spooks it is, dwarf would be great but spooks we dont see much of that cast and deff not more than once lol. spooks is a must!!!!!!!!

another twi? arnt there 2 already a year?

Edited by timelord81r

I would love a con with several Star Trek guests, other countries seem to have them. If I am well enough, we are looking to go to one in the States next year, as they never seem to happen here anymore. There are several Star Trek guests that we want to see before it is too late.......

None in all three too here - although I can totally see the logic in getting shows that are reasonably new/currently airing, I personally find things like Merlin, Secret Circle etc really meh. I'd much rather the previously mentioned crime based one (I know there are loads of threads kicking about for these shows), or some longer running series like The IT Crowd as a one off event rather than an annual thing

I voted for Aliens i would proberly attend this con if it happend

next i voted for was the Star Wars con like others said got to get a couple of big names

lastly voted Red Dwarf i no there was to con before but with Series 10 on the herizon should be a lot of people intersted in it i went to the 2009 official con that was an amazing weekend

I am suprised that The Walking Dead or Falling Skies hasnt done enough for a con i would attend them

1. none

2. Merlin

3. Terra Nova

However another company is attempting to run a merlin con - I haven't a ticket because it is none of the main cast.....my point being I love merlin and terra nova (my new guilty pleasure) but to get me coming to a weekend con it would have to be main cast not someone that has appeared in a fleeting episode or 2 so I wouldn't buy a ticket until near the date of the con and as someone has already mentioned I doubt terra nova has the fanbase to warrant its own convention, unfortunately I don't do primeval which would be the most logical tie-in.

Will be interesting to see what new events do pop up in the future.

I voted:

1. None of the above (as much as I love many of the things listed in this section, I'd probably not attend a con for them)
  2. Star Wars (would depend on the guests though)
  3. Star Trek

I'd have loved to choose Red Dwarf too, I enjoyed Better Than Life and it would be good to have another one, though I thought there were issues with the having another one because of the official con?

I thought Star Trek was only posponed due to guest unavailability?

It was and then it got cancelled completely :hathor: