Guest Cancellation - Ben Browder

Massive Events

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh *comment self censored or David will have to ban me*.

Claudia Black please?

Tissue my dear Queenie?

Note from QS: Is there a special reason why you opened up a new ID? We can change the ID if you want, just contact the office (there was some correspondence last year). I have removed posting rights for this ID.

Edited by Queen_Sindel

I was going to book a ticket this evening, but will hold off again now :wub:

Im only interested really in one guest now, and we all know never to book for just one person, so depends who the replacements are.

Hopefully someone from SGU since we've not had anyone for a couple of cons from that!

Of the last 4 showmasters events I have attended 3 have had a major cancellation at short notice.

The continual idea of pushing guests to the next event and expecting the fans to pay out again in the hope of meeting them is starting to wear thin. I am sure many fans save up and carefully select the event to see the guests they most want to meet - this cannot be good news for many.

I hope that they do get some replacement guests and as always the fans will make them welcome and make the best of it but I wont be bothering paying up early anymore.

• Showmasters Admin

we are working very hard to get other guests for this con we know its important to bring you some cool guests and are working 24/7 on this and we will be working on this up till the event so we do still have some time , we do really care about putting on a great show for you all and will do our best to bring you a con that will be fun and something you will look back on as a great event so please bear with us as we work on this .

i just wanted to keep you all in the loop on what was happening .

thank you for understanding

will be back with some news very soon

jason

Sad to read that Ben has cancelled so close to the event, but let's not forget that when Micheal & Teryl cancelled so close to 7.5 we got three guests in their place (David N, Kavan & Tony).

OK personnaly I had met them all, it was nice to see them again.

I doubt we'll get a big name guest this close to the event (Unless they've been negotiating with them already and were close to announcing.)

But that may mean we get more minor guests who we have not seen before. I'm looking forward to meeting Vanessa (Who's been on my top five SG female guest list for ages) & Musetta.

Trust the Jason & Mark, they'll make sure that 7.7 will have guests and everyone will have a good time.

Really sad to hear Ben is not attending now as so looking forward to the talks. I have everything crossed for 7.8 with Amanda though.

Hopefully we'll get some fab replacements as in the past from ME.

Claudia would be great, but would also be good for next time if Ben will be attending.

I'd love to meet David Hewlett again, and David Blue too - both the David's! And any SGU guests - or anyone!! ;0)

Please please can we have Ben for 7.8 though?!!!!!! As ticket already bought, lol!

I feel sick :'( £300 now wasted! As I said I've never watched Stargate so was coming to meet Ben!

No idea whether to go or not :'(

Unfortunately it is always a huge risk attending events just to see one person (even more so if you have no interest in the actual show that the event is based on), as guests can cancel at any time :dance:

Do you know any of the other guests? If you do then it may be worth attending. It's also possible that one (or more) of the other guests that ME are working on may interest you.

I feel sick :'( £300 now wasted! As I said I've never watched Stargate so was coming to meet Ben!

Unfortunately it is always a huge risk attending events just to see one person (even more so if you have no interest in the actual show that the event is based on), as guests can cancel at any time :dance:

Do you know any of the other guests? If you do then it may be worth attending. It's also possible that one (or more) of the other guests that ME are working on may interest you.

Never been to a covention :D I'm going to wait to see if the other guests are people I want to meet! Jason, Claudia, Joe or Michael would be great!

Never been to a covention :D I'm going to wait to see if the other guests are people I want to meet! Jason, Claudia, Joe or Michael would be great!

It's really disappointing, I know, but the organisers are great usually at finding replacements. When Michael cancelled last year due to work committments, the guests they got to replace him were great. And the whole weekend is a hoot anyway! I just hope it's someone I haven't met yet. And, Chris is a great guest anyway. My only concern is the small number of guests.

cheer up! no matter who's coming the chevron cons are always fun!

ill see who the guest they replace with are! then decide whether or not to come! its not just me, im bringing my neice and wont be fun if ther isnt something for her! shes only seven and was set on meeting ben!

time will tell i spose

Though I cannot make this event, I know what a star draw some one like Ben is, I met him at CM last time and he was a real southern gentleman in the classical tradition.

And this coming from another man, he was also one of the most naturally masculine and charismatic men I have ever met. He just has that 'star aura' about him, in the Eastwood style.

Edited by SlippDigby

Farscape Freak - I can understand your disappointment and I have been quite critical, in my other posts, but these are enjoyable events.

As I have said I have been disappointed 3 out of my 4 last events and that has finally worn thin with me but since you have already paid the Lions share of the costs you should come a long anyway. I am sure you will enjoy it but since there is no refund for cancelled guests - a rather unique set up in my experience - I will no longer be booking until the week before in future.

As for the concept of substituting the "Headline guests" at the last minute - I wonder if the fans would be so understanding at a music concert?

Sorry we cant bring you PINK FLOYD but we have got you the SUGABABES instead - just a thought.....

Farscape Freak - I can understand your disappointment and I have been quite critical, in my other posts, but these are enjoyable events.

As I have said I have been disappointed 3 out of my 4 last events and that has finally worn thin with me but since you have already paid the Lions share of the costs you should come a long anyway. I am sure you will enjoy it but since there is no refund for cancelled guests - a rather unique set up in my experience - I will no longer be booking until the week before in future.

As for the concept of substituting the "Headline guests" at the last minute - I wonder if the fans would be so understanding at a music concert?

Sorry we cant bring you PINK FLOYD but we have got you the SUGABABES instead - just a thought.....

I've gone with other organisers before and they have the same policy, as it always states that guests appear subject to work commitments