NEW Whedon Movie featuring Sean Maher!

slaycandy

• Showmasters Admin

Here are some articles with links to the full things to get you going! :D

'Buffy' Creator Joss Whedon Wraps Secret Movie Starring Nathan Fillion, Amy Acker, Alexis Denisof & Sean Maher

If you've ever wondered what 'Castle' star Nathan Fillion does on his days off, wonder no more. He apparently makes movies in secret with his erstwhile 'Firefly' boss, Joss Whedon. According to 'The Wrap,' Whedon adapted, cast and filmed a new indie version of William Shakespeare's 'Much Ado About Nothing' this summer without anyone finding out until after it was finished.

A website went up Sunday night announcing that principal photography has been completed on the guerrilla filmmaking project, which is lightheartedly described as "A Film by Joss Whedon Based on a Play." The cast is a veritable smorgasbord of Whedon faves: As well as Fillion there's Amy Acker and Alexis Denisof from 'Angel' and 'Dollhouse,' and Sean Maher ('Firefly'). Although it could all be an elaborate hoax, we're already loving the idea of Acker and Denisof re-teaming to tackle the roles of reluctant lovers Beatrice and Benedick.

Frequent Whedon collaborator Shawna Trpcic, who was the costume designer for 'Firefly,' 'Dollhouse' and 'Angel,' Tweeted Sunday night "Oh, it's real. Very. Very. Real." Maher backed her up, Tweeting "I promise you it's the real deal and we're VERY excited about it!"

To read the full article >>> CLICK HERE <<<

Joss Whedon's 'Much Ado About Nothing'? Nathan Fillion Tweets Link

Nathan Fillion, the current "Castle" star who reached Geek God status by playing Captain Malcolm Reynolds in Whedon's sci-fi series "Firefly," tweeted late Sunday night a link to muchadothemovie.com. That leads to a marquee poster of sorts that reads at top, "Bellwether Pictures is proud to announce the completion of principal photography," and at bottom, "A Film By Joss Whedon, Based On A Play."

Underneath -- and above a picture of a man drinking a high baller and snorkeling -- is a list of names that are, presumably, members of the cast. Included are a whole host of alums from Whedon's various past shows: Fillion, Alexis Denisof ("Dollhouse," "Angel" and "Buffy the Vampire Slayer"), Amy Acker ("Angel"), Reed Diamond ("Dollhouse"), Sean Maher ("Firefly"), Ashley Johnson ("Dollhouse"), Clark Gregg ("The Avengers"), Tom Lenk ("Buffy" and "Angel"), Fran Kranz ("Dollhouse"), and Riki Lindhome ("Buffy").

Presumably receiving plenty of inquiries from fans, Fillion later tweeted, "Oh, it's real. Very. Very. Real. muchadothemovie.com." Maher also tweeted about it, saying they just wrapped Sunday and telling a fan, "I promise you it's the real deal and we're VERY excited about it!"

The Wrap wrote Sunday night that sources tell them that the film is indeed made, with Whedon having cast, adapted, written and directed the picture.

Despite being well-known for his mastery of sci-fi, Whedon is in fact a major fan of The Bard. At a recent roundtable to discuss his participation in Whedon's Marvel teamup "The Avengers," Tom Hiddleston was asked to compare Whedon with Kenneth Branaugh, his director on the first "Thor" film and a major Shakespearean theater actor.

"The thing about the two of them is that they actually share more than you might first imagine," Hiddleston said. "Weirdly. Joss is a huge Shakespeare buff and Kenneth is a sort of closet comic book fanboy."

>>> CLICK HERE <<<

Oh and the link to the movie site is: http://muchadothemovie.com/

Perhaps we could start asking Maher at the weekend what this is all about, huh???

Much Ado is my favourite Shakespearean play. I saw the Kenneth Branagh version when I was at school and, years later, I played the role of Benedick in a performance in Edinburgh (which makes it sound grander than it was lol).

To have it remade by Joss and the gang is amazing. I can't wait to see it. ;)

I saw this yesterday.....BEST NEWS EVER!!!

Much Ado About Nothing is one of my favourite plays as well, it's just amazing. Joss is a total legend!

I have no doubt that this will be hot topic of conversation with Sean this weekend ;)

I have no doubt that this will be hot topic of conversation with Sean this weekend ;)

The best part is that Sean is playing Don John, the villain of the piece. I keep imagining him with a twirly black moustache - he's a traditionalist lol. :D

Edited by yellowmarlin

More along the lines of HOW did they manage to get Nathan NOT to tweet about it :blush:

I forgot I wasn't on facebook so was searching for the "like" button lol

That made me laugh though!

Glad to be of service :WAVE:

see you at the weekend??

Indeed I shall be there :D Look out for a girl dressed as Evil League of Evil (Red) Dr Horrible on Saturday night. ;)

More along the lines of HOW did they manage to get Nathan NOT to tweet about it :blush:

see you at the weekend??

Indeed I shall be there :D Look out for a girl dressed as Evil League of Evil (Red) Dr Horrible on Saturday night. ;)

What about Friday you going to the Pub before it all starts??

Also I'll be the Star Trek Alien on Saturday night

see you at the weekend??

What about Friday you going to the Pub before it all starts??

Also I'll be the Star Trek Alien on Saturday night

Hopefully, I need to convince my boss to give me Friday off, but with a bit of luck i should be there :)

I'll look out for you.