Thanks for another great weekend

JaneDoe

Just got home after another enjoyable if not tiring ET weekend. Firstly I must say congrats to Mark, Jason and the team for securing the official status for Twilight con in the UK. That is so amazing just a shame I can't afford to buy my tickets just yet so I hope after attending all ET's from the first one I don't end up missing out!

Have to say Toni Trucks was a blast, Patrick Brennan was so dry and the rest of the guests were lovely as per usual!

See you in Feb I hope!

PS, if the above looks dodgy can you please tell my hubby that you really really need me there as a Twilight con without me just wouldn't work - thanks :dance:

Just got home after another enjoyable if not tiring ET weekend. Firstly I must say congrats to Mark, Jason and the team for securing the official status for Twilight con in the UK. That is so amazing just a shame I can't afford to buy my tickets just yet so I hope after attending all ET's from the first one I don't end up missing out!

Have to say Toni Trucks was a blast, Patrick Brennan was so dry and the rest of the guests were lovely as per usual!

See you in Feb I hope!

PS, if the above looks dodgy can you please tell my hubby that you really really need me there as a Twilight con without me just wouldn't work - thanks :dance:

Official Status? That is great news for all the hard work Jason & Co have done promoting Twilight in the UK.

I loved how Chilled, relaxed and easy this one was.

I LOVE THE NEW PASSES... not only do we not have to cart booklets around etc but the cheeky people that dont pay can no longer scam... YAY!!

Good Job!!

Excited the Con is going official and all your hard work is paying off!

Cant wait for ET7... all booked up and raring to go.

Thank you for everything.

:headscratch:

Basically the lanyard badge/pass was numbered/lettered and as you went in a hole was punched through. It was a brilliant yet simple idea and I hope it stopped any previous issues!

Fantastic weekend as always. Will probably comment more when I'm less tired.

Could somebody pretty please give me some info on ET7, will the con website still be on the Massive Events website? Will the tickets go on sale for the general public soon?

Hi! The website is already up!! :angry:

http://massiveevents.co.uk/eternaltwilight7/

Website as said above is already up.

I asked at the reg desk yesterday and they think they'll be on sale tonight or tomorrow - it may be later as they have another con this weekend too.

Edited by chimmykins

See you in Feb I hope!

PS, if the above looks dodgy can you please tell my hubby that you really really need me there as a Twilight con without me just wouldn't work - thanks :angry:

I second all of the above.

My daughter and I had an AMAZING weekend - as usual. The guests were ALL lovely and amazing, but I particularly loved Toni and her boyfriend at the parties (and ALWAYS love Charlie!!) Thank you so much and congratulations, you deserve it after your hard work.

I am also concerned about not being able to afford tickets yet, but refer to the assurance we were given that we would not miss out. HOW is this being assured? I DEFINITELY want 2 tickets (preferebly silver) but can't afford until next month, due to ET6. What will happen if they DO sell out in that time? Who do speak to?

I see the website still says Unofficial. Should probably allow time for the ME team to get home and unpacked though. :D

Another brilliant weekend - thoroughly enjoyed ourselves :D Thanks to Jason, Mark and all the Crew etc :clap:

Jason said that the official bit was all being finalised this week so I should think the website will change once this has happened :angry:

Edited by Juliette

UGH i'm so freaking gutted I couldn't go! My friend should be posting my gold pack this week though, that might make me feel a little bit better. Everyone keeps saying how lovely Tori is, gutted I missed her!

I can't wait to get my gold ticket for et7 so I can stop panicking about it lol.

>Firstly I must say congrats to Mark, Jason and the team for securing the official status for Twilight con in the UK. <

Like to echo this and say congratulations to SM on your 'officalness!' Will be interesting to see what changes this brings....

I must say, this weekend was indeed VERY awesome. Toni was so lovely, seriously. I dare even say she was my favourite guest at this con.

I also LOVED the authors, especially Becca Fitzpatrick, she's amazing. I hope we get authors again at the next cons, because that is such a GREAT bonus. Definitely for someone like me who loves reading (all thanks to Twilight, really). I came with 3 books (to get signed) and ended up going home with at least 14 *oops* I can tell you that my suitcase AND my backpack were HEAVY haha. Not so much fun when you have to drag them around at the airport and on the train, oh well. I got home safe and well anyway ;)

Owh, and The Hunger Games merchandise in the packages? Totally RULED! I'm so gutted I can't go to the Hunger Games convention in june :( I have to work, have exams for my education + I really can't afford it right now...

All booked for ET7 though :D I was seriously doubting to buy a ticket, mainly because my friends aren't able to come and I really don't know that many people there... But I just couldn't resist it and knew I was going to regret not going, so I booked myself a gold ticket :( Not as high a number I'm used to, but it'll just have to work haha. Would have loved to go VIP, but nearly £1500 for a ticket is a bit (read a lot) too much for me I'm afraid. Maybe if I ever win the lottery though haha.

Already booked a twin room too... I just need to find a roommate (or 2 ^^) for that one. So if anyone is interested, feel free to pm me any time!

Thank you showmasters, Mark, Jason, Too Tall, the entire crew of ME, the lovely people at the con and of course the guests! Looking forward to the next one!

Andeuh, congrats on going official! I just read that big names are going to the official US cons, so I hope this means really promising stuff for the UK ones!! Can't wait for it :P BRING IT ON!!!!!