Atlantis and Universe guests please

Avengers7

met so many of the SGA cast (all the main cast and most of everyone else) already so SGU please! but, yeah, more SGA/SGU guests in general! :thumbup: met all the main cast from SG1 except Claudia and nearly everyone else except Carmen and Tom McBeth *ahem* :thumbup:

surfy sah xx

ME did a quick poll during the closing ceremony of 7.7 asking if people would like to see SGU guests (it wasn't specified if that was for 7.8 or for future events). The majority of attendees went with the 'yes' vote.

I'm glad they did that, as there are alot of ppl who would like to see SGU guests but don't post on the forum.

Edited by trekkiefan

I really liked SGU....was beginning to think I was in a minority until this weekend so go ME and get em! Looking forward to Patrick Gilmore (I love his Laptop Chats) and I will always make the effort to meet David Blue as he is fab! To me Chevron 7.7 has proven to me that all the guests are always great value and often the non 'big names' are really brilliantly entertaining! Three words proved this - 'Chico' and 'Sunday DJ' :smile:

I really liked SGU....was beginning to think I was in a minority until this weekend so go ME and get em! Looking forward to Patrick Gilmore (I love his Laptop Chats) and I will always make the effort to meet David Blue as he is fab! To me Chevron 7.7 has proven to me that all the guests are always great value and often the non 'big names' are really brilliantly entertaining! Three words proved this - 'Chico' and 'Sunday DJ' :smile:

ye chico was great and the guests were great. wont forget how much fun i had.

Edited by stargate geek emily

I had never been to Chevron before until 7.7 so until this weekend I'd met only met 3 members of the SG-1 and SGA cast.

I know it's a nice goal to try and get guests who have never attended before, but there are actually ticket holders who've not been to the previous Chevrons and still want to meet the cast members who have been before.

Hopefully there will be a balance between the two. :smile:

• 2 weeks later...

3 out of 4 guest at Chevron 7.7 were SG-1. Currently half of the guests for Chevron 7.8 are SG-1. All of the guests for Chevron 7.6 were SG-1.

It's a shame because I have friends who aren't even bothering to buy a ticket for 7.8 because it's become so SG-1 focused.

I just wish it was more balaced but I guess it's down to what guests are available and the financial aspects.

There does need to be a balance, personally I love SG1 and would love lots of guests from the original =P This is because my first convention was Chevron 7.7 so obviously Im dying to meet the cast from that series - Atlantis is great too! I've never watched SGU but will take the time to watch. Im sure all are great, but I would love another SG1 name to pop up, big or small.

It should go witout saying 2 guest from each series...3 shows 2 guests from each...they are all part of the Stargate Franchise and the fans love them all, some fans for different once but they are all loved. And since these Chevrons have been going it is a case that just about all of the major cast members of SG-1 and SgA have gone none really from SGU and we want to see new people. Some new some old. If we just had same guests i woulds top going unfortunately because money is very tight at uni and i go for the photoshoots as my take away money worthwhile and if i already have most of the guests...2 SG-A 2 SGA and 2 SGU and everyones happy :thumbup:

• 1 month later...

id like to see some SGU guests specifically and specifically the main leads

I realy want to meet amanda T but the rest of the current line up arnt doing it for me and its alot of money then for 1 guest (who could still pull out)

For one of the first times I agree with you Timelord. Although, I think David Hewlett would swing it for me to buy a ticket.

I've also held off buying a ticket....I have booked and paid for our room but until I see further guest announcements I'm not getting anything...if no more guests are announced or someone pulls out then it's Standard and spending the weekend with my friends....I have faith in AT not cancelling as I believe she's very very loyal to her fans and her appearances, but after last year at Chevron 7.7 and the non-appearance of BOTH headliners I'm not so confident as I have been in the past....

Keeping everything crossed that another guest might be added......of course if it was Michael Shanks I'd be out buying at least a Silver almost immediately!!.. :YAHOO:

*hint hint*.... :YAHOO:

I've also held off buying a ticket....I have booked and paid for our room but until I see further guest announcements I'm not getting anything...if no more guests are announced or someone pulls out then it's Standard and spending the weekend with my friends....I have faith in AT not cancelling as I believe she's very very loyal to her fans and her appearances, but after last year at Chevron 7.7 and the non-appearance of BOTH headliners I'm not so confident as I have been in the past....

Keeping everything crossed that another guest might be added......of course if it was Michael Shanks I'd be out buying at least a Silver almost immediately!!.. :YAHOO:

*hint hint*.... :YAHOO:

Amanda did have to pull out of attending Collectormania 15 milton keynes that i was attending in June 2010. But she is auctioning lunch with her and Robin to raise money for her charety so i dout she will be pulling out enless she apsiltely no choice because people are bidding big money to dine with her. Hope this is ok to say. So hopefuly she will attand. I'm looking forward to meering her.