thank you to everyone that attended

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

Thank you all for attending the show and supporting us and helping to keep this event strong and help it keep going , with out you all we would not be able to keep on running it so thank you all .

This event is a very special show and its not a easy event to put together or pull off but i think the people that attended will agree we do have an amazing show this weekend and we all feel it was one of the best Autographicas we have run and with the Shuttle guys and girl attending this year also really made the show very different from shows we have run before all in all we were very pleased how the show was .

as to people attending the show there were the same numbers as the last few years and the event covered its cost which is all we intend to do so from our point of view it worked well and we will be back next year with another great show with amazing rare guests for you all to meet in a fun and relaxed environment .

thank you to everyone that attended , the crew the guests and my partners Dave and Paul all of you made it happen so thank you all .

jason :whistling:

The show was great from my point of view so its really good news to know that it met it's aims financially as well.

One thing I forgot to mention in one of my earlier posts was during his talk on Sunday, Jerry Bostick mentioned how Fred Haise had talked him in to appearing at the event. I know Al Worden has done a lot to help out in the past to obtain astronauts through the ASF but it's good to know there is something of a network of astronauts out there who also support the event.

Thanks again to the organisers for a great weekend, looking forward to next year.

Very glad to hear the event broke even, which actually surprises me! Thanks for giving me the opportunity to get professional photos with some of the people i've admired for years, Honor Blackman, Philip Madoc, Michael Cochrane, Michael Jayston, David Graham, Stephen Greif, they're some of the prizes in my collection now.

Thanks for a fabulous weekend, guys.

This show had a freshness to it with the inclusion of new shuttle astronauts. Bruce McCandless is a great repeat atendee, a gentleman through and through, who is ever welcome to these events.

Jerry Bostick was brilliant is every respect. This goes to show that there is a very welcome place for the Mission Control folk.

It is pleasing to hear that there was no financial loss and that is guarantee enough that Autographica has a future.

Well done guys. I can't sing your praises enough.

Hello,

thank you very much for this brilliant show.

The "Autographica"-team made a great job again.

I stayed on Saturday at the show and I had beautiful meetings with astronauts, actresses and actors there. And very nice reunions with some friends of the "Autographica family" like every time.

So I`m looking forward for the next venue in London, I hope at the latest in 2013.

Best from Germany,

Helmut

Great news that numbers were up and costs were covered. I can only imagine what a logistical nightmare it must be to organise.

The astronauts were the big draw for me on my first time here, combined with Nicole and Linn from the ASF being there who I'd ordered from before. It was so relaxed and everyone had time for you. The atmosphere was great.

If you can get another good selection of astronauts and the ASF next year then I'll definitely be there, irrespective of any other guests -although William Shatner would be amazing (I'd pay bick money for that one!)

Thanks again

Neil.

If it went well financially is there any hope of two shows in 2012?

Maybe we should get Fred to talk to all of the other moonwalkers, so we get more than one next time! :)

:D

It may have met it's targets from a financial point of view, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, to run with too many big Astronaut guests may financially hurt Autographica and Showmasters. There is no guarantee of expanding bigger and meeting costs. You need to be careful at the best of times, let alone in the current financial climate. I think that Dave, Jason and Paul have proven that can be trusted to protect and build Autographica for the long haul.

It may have met it's targets from a financial point of view, but as has been pointed out elsewhere, to run with too many big Astronaut guests may financially hurt Autographica and Showmasters. There is no guarantee of expanding bigger and meeting costs. You need to be careful at the best of times, let alone in the current financial climate. I think that Dave, Jason and Paul have proven that can be trusted to protect and build Autographica for the long haul.

There's no fun in playing safe Simondo! :)

I'd like hollywood legends and moonwalkers, not background stars and shuttlers!.

Lets get this back to the 'worlds greatest autograph show' again next year!.

• Showmasters Admin

There's no fun in playing safe Simondo! :)

I'd like hollywood legends and moonwalkers, not background stars and shuttlers!.

Lets get this back to the 'worlds greatest autograph show' again next year!.

Write the guys a cheque for £100k+ and I'm sure they'll happily "play" with YOUR money for you :blink:

Write the guys a cheque for �100k+ and I'm sure they'll happily "play" with YOUR money for you :blink:

But I'm not the one saying I'm the 'Worlds Largest Autograph Show'

Judging by the last show, how is this now a true and honest statement?

Lets get back on track! :)

Edited by Donkey

The show was great... All the guests I met were very friendly/accomodating. Only negative I'd say is that a map/diagram showing where various aspects of the show were to be found would have been helpful. I had to ask a handful of people where the lectures/photoshoots were as it wasn't widely known. Some of the crew said "sorry, I don't know"... I also heard an Italian guy asking the same... he was trying to find his way to one of the astronaut lectures. Also, the lectures were much shorter than at previous shows... Rich Graham's was only 20 minutes or so on the Saturday... The lectures used to be 45-60 minutes long if I recall correctly.

• 1 month later...

Hi folks, excellent as always, enjoyed the event, even if the car 'broke down' on the A1 on the way home... oh hum... any ways, thye followimng is a report I wrote for the York Astronomical Society and Midlands Spaceflight Society... hope you like, best wishes to all and see yer next year!

Autographica 17, 15 October 2011 Hotel Radisson Heathrow

AS some of you know, I like to collect autographs and this year has seen a rich crop for my collection what with Ken Willoughby getting Richard Gordon (Gemini 11 and Apollo 12) and Mission Controller Sy liebergot to visit Yorkshire earlier this year. After a 4-1/4 hours trip from York including a ‘pit stop’ we arrived the day before. After checking in we set off by tube in to London - long story short - met some Americans who where a bit lost at Hatton Cross tube station, so Our Lass and I helped them out with the tube map...

Saturday morning dawned bright... I got the early bird ticket and met British test pilot Jo Lancaster first, who signed my Saunders-Roe SR.A/1 flying boat fighter book Published by ISO File. What a grand old chap he is! He had not seen my ISO book – but he signed it twice - and was very interested in it.

Mission controller Jerry Bostick was up next and he added to my NASA mission controllers list. He was one of the team that not only worked out the path the Apollo missions would take to get to the moon, land and return to Earth but worked on the changed Apollo 13 flight plan to get that mission and its crew safely home.

Next up was the four shuttle astronauts (OK, Norman Thagard, Cosmonaut! ) First was Bill Oefelein (STS-116) who was great to chat with and told me he had just got of the aeroplane at Heathrow, I replied it was appreciated as in the past we had a fellow shuttlenaut who was allegedly ill and would not sign anything after coming over…

Second Shuttlenaut was Thomas Jones (STS 59, STS 68, STS 80 and STS 98) who asked me where I came from and I said York, he got all excited and told me about his interest in archaeology, of course York been some 2,000 years old has 'a little bit' of history! He passed me his business card and well this story is not complete, you’ll have to wait out! I think Kathryn Thornton (STS 33, STS 49, STS 61 and STS 73) seemed tired but she came over as very nice and told me how she had done the coast-to-coast walk from St Bee’s Head to Robin Hood’s Bay, she likes walking, think about it, she holds record’s for space walks and has repaired the Hubble Space Telescope, yep, she likes walking ok…

Norman Thagard (STS 7, STS 51B, STS 30, STS 42, Soyuz TM21/Mir EO-18 and returned to Earth from Mir on Atlantis/STS-71) one of the original Shuttle astronauts who was selected in January 1978 told me some stories about his Omega Speedmaster watches. His first one was presented to him by Tom Stafford (Gemini 6A, Gemini 9A, Apollo 10 and ASTP), Norman quipped ‘you do know him?’ I said why yes! Tom had asked Norman to come in to his office and presented him with this iconic watch. Norman then went to Moscow and was – again – asked in to an office by Alexei Leonov, (Voskhod 2 and Soyuz 19/ASTP) who gave him another Speedmaster, then the head of NPO Energia had a chat with Norman saying that Energia had a contract with Omega and that all Astronauts and cosmonauts should have a Speedmaster and gave Norman his third Speedmaster! If that was not enough he ended up buying a fourth! I laughed and said something along the lines of ‘well, I guess that makes you a collector now!’

I thought I was done, it was time to go, but I met our ‘lost’ American’s who I mentioned earlier and they told me that they where over here with there friends Rich Graham and his wife, well, that did it, looks like am collecting SR-71 pilots ‘auto’s’ now! I said to Rich it was great to have him over here for Autographica and he should send his fellow SR-71 pilot friends over and not let the Shuttle Astronauts hog it all! 