how did it go

indio

A very enjoyable day at Autographica.

Lovely and relaxed, chilled atmosphere.

None of the ridiculous sci-fi fan rugby scrums, that i, personally cannot abide.

Great guests.

Attentive, polite and helpful staff and volunteers.

Beautiful, high quality Hotel. Perfect location for this event.

Thank you to the fantastic Astronauts. So classy and courteous.

Thank you Showmasters.

Already looking forward to Autographica 2012...bring it on.

I second that 100% Thank you all at autographica it was brill :D see you next year.

I'd also like to add that I enjoyed this very much. I don't usually do Autographica, but I wanted to meet people such as Honor Blackman, Stephen Greif, Michael Jayston, and Michael Cochrane, as well as get photo shoots with several of the Doctor Who people.

I was very impressed with the hotel, and my room, all of the staff were very friendly. The event itself was very quiet, but it definitely helped make it a very relaxed and friendly atmosphere. I met everyone with ease, and had a great time. All of the crew that I met, including the lady on the reg desk, Nick in the photo shoot area, and everyone else that I had dealings with throughout the weekend, were very friendly, and accomodating. Was also nice to have a brief chat with Too Tall Stuart

All in all a very pleasant experience

just 2 shoots for me, very small one for me this one, due to finances and some of the cxls.

but gotta say it was a great event, the hotel 10 times better than the thistle from what I saw.

all the guests seemed nice

michael cochrane was on fine form chatting up all the bond girls lol

im just sad I had to miss eds talk cos it clashed with michaels shoot.

would of loved to do the group astronauts but I couldnt afford the ticket that it came with in the end.

the honor thing, perhaps she doesnt like flashes too much, im sure the rival event I met her at earlier in the year she didnt do table pics cos of this, but she did like autographica do the photo shoot! might not be down to SM that one.

crew were great as always

I just went on the saturday, in the morning it seemed v busy, more so than the last autographica, but by the late afternoon had become more quiet

it does seem a vey long wait till the next one, is it oct 2012? I know its down to buzzs dates but alot can happen in a year.

Edited by timelord81r

Fabulous weekend!

Friday and Saturday nights were both terrific: dinner in the Brasserie Friday, 'The Pheasant' on Saturday (Highly recommended!) My room was first class: so was breakfast!

The guests were outstanding: uber-approachable, accomodating and chatty: loved Rich Graham's wife and even had a photo with HB!

So well done Dave, Jason & Paul: no complaints from me except that the weekend seemed to fly by! Roll on A18!

Edited by shearwater

As always, I really enjoyed my Autographica weekend. Relaxed and welcoming atmosphere - always the best show for that - and great guests.

Very nice to meet Ed Mitchell again. He was the very first guest that I ever met at an Autographica, at Northampton ten years ago.

The Thunderbird guests, Rodney Bewes and Johnny Johnson were all stand outs for me too. Hope to see them back again.

it does seem a vey long wait till the next one, is it oct 2012? I know its down to buzzs dates but alot can happen in a year.

Yes, next years show is 19-21 October in Birmingham.

I know exactly what you mean. I much preferred the two shows a year format. There are so many guests who will only agree to do Autographica rather than any of the other shows, and of course age is a big factor. I like to meet as many of the older stars as possible.

Very much looking forward to the next one though and hopefully they'll be a chance to bring some Hollywood legends to that one again.

Thanks to Dave, Paul and Jason for yet again putting on a welcoming show. My 16th Autographica - only missed the first one - and they always leave me with many happy memories.

I have still to miss an Autographica show, this was the first dinner i have ever missed but went on Sunday.

I spoke to a couple of freinds that i have met and they said itb was the most relaxed show ever.

I was there only for an hour on Sunday to the Shuttl and other astros, it was so quite it was unreal.

I just hope next year at Birmingham Dave can pull some more big guests out of the hat, i know that Aldrin/carpenter will be attending but cant see alot of people paying £225 or more for an autograph if these money squeze is to go on.

I have still to miss an Autographica show, this was the first dinner i have ever missed but went on Sunday.

I spoke to a couple of freinds that i have met and they said itb was the most relaxed show ever.

I was there only for an hour on Sunday to the Shuttl and other astros, it was so quite it was unreal.

I just hope next year at Birmingham Dave can pull some more big guests out of the hat, i know that Aldrin/carpenter will be attending but cant see alot of people paying £225 or more for an autograph if these money squeze is to go on.

The checking of wristbands was non existent. After the ease to get in free last time, this really should have been tightened.

Hi

We were able to check wrist bands and passes as people approached signing tables and photo shoots with very little problem. I only had to ask 3 seperate people to see them when they were not visible. At each morning briefing all crew were reminded of this and it certainly was one of our priotiries this weekend.

Thanks

Mara

In agreement with Mara. We did check and the majority could be seen very easily and therefore no need to ask - although I did for about 4.

Kirstie