Collectormania Bluewater

showmasters

For anyone interested I know there is a bus from Lakeside shopping center in Essex that goes straight to Blue Water so no trouble getting across the bridge if you don't have a car, or know someone who has one. So if you can make it to Lakeside by public transport you can easily get to Blue Water (though don't ask me what time the buses are as I have no clue plus I'll be going in a car from Havering)..

As someone who shops there regualarly I am gonna find it highly entertaining seeing shoppers reactions to cosplayers lol will be sure to pop along for a look even if there are no guests for me :)

Yeah especially as its supposed to be a slightly more upmarket shopping center then others. Not that normal people don't go there, just that I remember my mum saying when it first opened that they wouldn't let certain shops in like Argos and Woolworths (when it was around)

;)

LLAP ;)

Edited by zebredy

• 2 weeks later...

I'm flailing.

Its proper close to me compared to Earls' Court, and probably cheaper travel-wise, meaning I should be able to go both days!!

I think if its possible to get Alex Kingston, that would be amazing.

And Eve Myles. That woman is just made of awesome, and awgggh, love her. A diamond.

I know its not really related but I'd love someone from Merlin.

Checked the new area around the Boardwalk and Convention Area today, all the restaurants and eating places are open now...it's really lovely.....I am very much looking forward to spending 2 days at this venue, meeting some great guests - Michael Shanks perhaps, hint, hint? - and eating at either Wagamamas again (went there today), Jamie's Kitchen, Browns or any of the other 5-6..... ;)

Convention place opens on 30th November with a Christmas thingy I think.....I might go along and see what it's like inside...

It's going to be so nice to have somewhere when I can go home each night to my own bed and drive up the next day at no real cost or effort.... :D

Deeds xx

• 3 weeks later...
Any more info on this show? I live very close to Bluewater so id love to check it out
Sorry but currently there is nothing other than what has already been announced so far.

So the big question for me is do you feel it will be going ahead - as I need to book time off to attend so if anything can be confirmed I would be grateful also so I know how much money I need to plan to save by March :)

So the big question for me is do you feel it will be going ahead - as I need to book time off to attend so if anything can be confirmed I would be grateful also so I know how much money I need to plan to save by March :)
Personally I am an optimist (too much of one as I often get caught out - see example below). That is with a lot of things in life not just signing events and conventions. I will always assume that an event is taking place right up until the point that I am made aware of a cancellation.

Example - sometimes even after I hear about a cancellation I will still hope that it takes place. In 2008 the second day of the Royal International Air Tatoo was cancelled during the previous evening due to weather conditions. I still woke up very early on the actual day just in case the decision had been reversed. It hadn't, and I lost a few hours of much needed sleep :lol:

Unfortunately you will have to wait until SM make any guest, or event related, announcements. Generally* speaking the mods are not involved with that sort of thing. Sorry.

*I say generally because I do recall one exception. Queen_Sindel making a few guest announcements for Hallowhedon 2 because ME were not able to do so.