my feed back and reply to some points made

showmasters

• Showmasters Admin

hi all

wow what a weekend i have only just gotten over it .

over all i think it went very well for most of you .

we tried some new things that in the past people had an issues with and i think we have fixed them .

the main issues we fixed is photo pick ups

we issues our crew with gloves so no fingerprints were on the photo ops .

we put up signs to tall you what location the guests photos were at .

we bilt one photo pick up zone as soon as the photo came back and as soon as the second photo zone had finished we opened up another pick up zone .

and we asked people to rotate around the table to look for there photos .

this all worked well on Saturday and we could all see this is the way forward

Sunday we had another issues were the photo lab printed the first batch twice rather than printing the second batch , this created a delay of around a hour or so and did create a back log , and with lost of new people know knowing what to do and not leaving the photo pick up zone and coming back later to look for there images it did create issues with crowding.

we asked people to come back later but few did what we asked and we had to deal with this issues the bast way we can .

in the end if you stayed to 5pm ish you would have gotten your photos back .

the issues with the lab is a rare one and we feel that the photo pick up will work well in future with the new things we have added to make it go smother .

THE Hall

this is not our first choice in halls to use but we had no choice , the exit and entrance was not the best but we would rather have this event in Oct than not run one at all , it worked ok for a venue but we have not booked it for any of our events next year so we do not need to look at what to change to much as we are not back there .

HEAT

wow no on e could of thought that it could of been so hot in Oct , air con was on full and everything was done to try to keep the heat down but in the end very little could be done with such heat

the created some issues with odd people loosing there temper etc which is to be understood all in all i think you all coped well with something that could not be seen .

David Tennent

what a nice man , i know he had a great time with us and felt that it was well run and fair as that was the main thing for him , people being treated well , i know he really enjoyed meeting so many of you and thank you all for being so cool with him , as most of you know this was his first real public signing and he did have a great time , i did talk to David about having him attend future events with us and he was interested so we shall see what will come of this .

Entrance queuing system

on Saturday the security team messed up and changed the order the queuing system worked and that i had laid out the night before .

we had it worked out but the just changed it around with out telling anyone at all .

the first i found out about it was when i cam down to just cheque all was ok and in order , when i cam down i found out it was a mess , i first stopped the security team form moving anyone more , i then went up to the groups of people to asked them what had happened and to find out were they had been moved from and were they were when they first got there , i then worked out what was the best way to try to fix what had happened

i soon found out that some people had been moved 3 times in the morning before i got there and it was a real mess to try to work out were everyone had been before the security team had moved everyone one around .

i talked to the around 80 people that had been moved and worked out the fairest way of fixing this issue , so i walked the people around to the right doors were the signs in the doors said they should be standing and what the security team did not look at or just dismissed then i went to put the people that had been there first thing in the morning back to the front of the que , i could not work out the exact order of these people so felt it was fare to put 2 in then go back 2 people then put another 2 in etc so it was not a hole bunch of people just put in front , i also talk to everyone that wanted to have there say and the odd person that wanted to vent at me so everyone know what had happened and why i had dun what i had done .

in the end the security team did mess up and i tried to put right what had happened to the best of my ability this is not something that had happened before this day and i do not see it happening again and we will be on top of it , i think the main reason was it was a new venue and the security team just got it wrong and did not ask me or tell me there was an issue , and thats something that will not happen again .

all in all it was a nice show lots of fans attended numbers were up on last years event and all the guests go to open Q by the end of the day so everyone that wanted a autograph got one .

thank you all for coming and working with us to make the event work and we look forward to seeing you all soon .

thank you

jason :P

No real complaints from me, I think the photo pick up was done extremely well, and the David Tennant meeting was very smooth, and I have to say it didn't actually feel rushed at all. Was nice to have a few words with him and get my pictures signed nicely(and in front of me!) big thumbs up from me

This is one of the things I like most about SM and these boards - Jason comes on here and explains any issues, and between his comments and ours each show hopefully improves.

I really enjoyed the weekend.

And great to hear from Jason that David enjoyed it too. I'm sure many of us would like to see him back again soon. Certainly one of the best organised meetings with a big guest that I've had.

And all the other guests I met were great too - especially John Hurt, Dame Diana Rigg and a special mention for Eddie Paskey who I was thrilled to meet. I hope we have them all back again soon.

Thanks again Jason for another excellent experience - and for explaining the issues with us.

Brilliant Event very impressive that David Tennant enjoyed himself hopefully we will get him back soon so the ones like me and others will get the chance to meet him i too agree the the photo area was done really well this time lets face it it was just a brilliant show any news on Collectormania Bluewater yet

Edited by Starbug

Thank you Jason for a brilliant event. I consider EMS to one of the best cons I've ever been to, despite the heat and how knackered I was at the end of it.

I met many amazing guests who were all lovely, fun and enthusiastic. You and the rest of the SM crew did a brilliant job. I cannot wait to see what you have in store for 2012 x

• Moderators

These events have been developing since Day 1. I don't think some people realise how things behind the scenes change, and that improvements are always being made from one event to the next. Even subtle changes that aren't quite as obvious. Even if some things may not quite work, it's always appreciated when you at least listen to feedback and try. It might take an event or two or three to perfect it, but it's great to see the organisers attempting to fix things.

It was probably the best con I've ever been to, not just based on guests but also based on the organisation and the general atmosphere of the place. The whole weekend felt incredibly warm and friendly, where as at previous cons I felt a bit rushed like in a production line. Very, very enjoyable weekend!

The main thing for me has always been that without these events, how would we ever even think of being able to meet our favourite celebrities? EMS/CM/LFCC make so much happen in a weekend and bring together so many fantastic guests, I don't know how you do it but I'm very grateful for all of the amazing people I've been lucky enough to meet through this event and others, not just David Tennant, but Linda Hamilton, Kristanna Loken, Patrick Stewart, LeVar Burton, Virginia Hey.... the list is endless. Thank you Jason & Showmasters & the crew for making that possible and making it run so smoothly.

It's one thing to watch a character on the TV, but to get to speak to them and in some cases have great conversations, shake hands and all that kind of stuff makes it a lot more personal and suddenly that 2D character on the TV is something else!

• Showmasters Admin

Considering Jason is dyslexic, I'm sure people can cope. I managed to read it fine.

thanks David

by the way if you want to correct my spelling feel free to :D

good seeing you at the show hope you have a good day

see you soon

j :blush:

As I have posted previously Jason I thought you handled us well in regards to the queue issue on Saturday. I am not dyslexic, but do have spelling issues, so I use ieSpell ( fantastic add-on) and I had no problem reading your post (unlike those who insist on using Text Type).

Can I ask if you have any feedback about the Pre paid and pay on the day Early Birds separate queue question.

I personally have no problem with the separate ques and them being let in at the same time, and I have done both types before, and am quite happy with them staying the way they are.

Great show again Jason and I'm glad to hear David had a good time, hopefully we'll see him again in the not too distent future. Can't wait for the next event I attend!

Considering Jason is dyslexic, I'm sure people can cope. I managed to read it fine.

thanks David

by the way if you want to correct my spelling feel free to :D

good seeing you at the show hope you have a good day

see you soon

j :blush:

Just to add, I managed to read it fine too and I suffer from Dyspraxia, so I know what it can be like.

Hi Jason,

I thought the event was fantastic.

It's great to hear David Tennant had as good a time as many of us did and hopefully, should he come back in the future, I can get my photo with him sighned :blush:

With regards to the photo pick up, i did notice the gloves at the time and thought what a good idea it was.

I would like to congratulate again Ken and the girls on the Saturday who did a wonderful job of dealing with the crowds when the Arthur Darvill photos were taking a while to come back. Some people were getting particularly agitated but they dealt with them all really well.

I can't wait for the Collectormania in MK next year and will quite possibly make it to London again in the Autumn.

Well done

Sarah x

It's good to have a post from Jason like this... nice that we are not kept in the dark!

I know other people have mentioned it in posts, but we really could do with chairs at these events.

Several people i spoke to at the weekend commented on it. Also my mum loves coming to these events but at 61 and recovering from a cancer op, standing around all day isn't great and sitting on the floor can be awkward. We also saw people with crutches who must have been struggling as well.

Although I appreciate hiring chairs out is costly, I am sure i am not the only one who would be happy for a small increase on the entry fee if it meant getting some chairs.

Always nice to hear your feedback Jason, just one thing:

in the end if you stayed to 5pm ish you would have gotten your photos back .

We stayed til 18:10 and didn't get my sister's David Tennant pic - seems it got lost/wasn't printed. Not worried though as they said they'd send it out :)

Thanks muchly to the crew that helped try to find it!

Lack of seating was a problem for us too...and when we had to resort to sitting on the floor next to a wall we were told to move by SM staff. The only seats we could find were constantly taken by groups.

Where were you sitting? Me and a friend sat in one place for about an hour, and didn't have anyone telling us to move. Then I sat somewhere while she went to get her DT autograph too

Some more feedback: Spell check!

This was a pain to read at times. :-S

As has been pointed out elsewhere, Jason is dyslexic and most of those errors wouldn't have been picked up by a spellchecker anyway. I actually found it much easier to read than those that use text speak on here :D