Autograph Dealers

dc14g10

Hi just curious if anyone knows if showmasters has particular criteria for the autograph dealers as i saw a autograph i really wanted? Do they have to be with a official autograph club like uacc or aftal? Just curious any info would be appreciated

Hi just curious if anyone knows if showmasters has particular criteria for the autograph dealers as i saw a autograph i really wanted? Do they have to be with a official autograph club like uacc or aftal? Just curious any info would be appreciated

i am very dubious about autographs on those stalls as some of them just dont seem right. on sat/sun one auto dealer was selling david tennant autographs for £40 each he had several diff ones. yet when i was queing for my dt personal auto the very same dealer was stood in front of me !!! makes you wonder why someone with several dt autos for sale at £40 each would pay £45 for another one ? hmmmm if i was worried about authenticity before it was doubled after that encounter.

i am very dubious about autographs on those stalls as some of them just dont seem right. on sat/sun one auto dealer was selling david tennant autographs for £40 each he had several diff ones. yet when i was queing for my dt personal auto the very same dealer was stood in front of me !!! makes you wonder why someone with several dt autos for sale at £40 each would pay £45 for another one ? hmmmm if i was worried about authenticity before it was doubled after that encounter.

The Dealers always do that. They usually get a stock amount of Autographs from the guests at some point during the shows. David Tenant's obviously a 5 star guest and he's always going to be in demand so they get them whenever they can.

The Dealers always do that. They usually get a stock amount of Autographs from the guests at some point during the shows. David Tenant's obviously a 5 star guest and he's always going to be in demand so they get them whenever they can.

what ? they buy them at £45 and then sell the at £40.

what ? they buy them at £45 and then sell the at £40.

Depends. Usually they give them a special ticket to get a collection of them for their stalls. Unless of course they wanted a personalised one for themselves. Because if anyones anything like me I don't care for autographs that aren't personal. I like having a memory that I can look back on and smile rather than having just some name.

Some dealers who sell in the US will be able to sell a David Tennant for around $100 or more , so buying them at £45 makes sense.The ones they buy at the event may also be a better signature than ones they get elsewhere hence the possible price difference.

A friend of mine who is a dealer will sometimes have price differences of £5 or £10 between the same autograph because of how good or bad the signature is.

She has also told me that Jason insists on all the autograph dealers being a member of one of the governing bodies ie UACC or AFTAL

Edited by teroknor34

Some dealers who sell in the US will be able to sell a David Tennant for around $100 or more , so buying them at £45 makes sense.The ones they buy at the event may also be a better signature than ones they get elsewhere hence the possible price difference.

A friend of mine who is a dealer will sometimes have price differences of £5 or £10 between the same autograph because of how good or bad the signature is.

She has also told me that Jason insists on all the autograph dealers being a member of one of the governing bodies ie UACC or AFTAL

It makes sense there was a show on BBC I think it was called Dodgy Dealers which showed how just how often it occurs that people sell fake autographs which really isn't fair on the fans. All of Jasons Events including London Film and Comic Con, Autographica and Collectormania we're featured as one of the most highly respected events in the world for fans to obtain autographs of the guests they admire so much.