Somthing new Pleaseeeeeeeees

Ladyofhay

Hi Showmasters

I have just been to the London Media show this weekend and had an okay time. It would have been better if i didn't have to waite around so much for my friend while she meet lots of guest that she wanted to see. I have been going to Showmaster events since Colletormaina 3 and I'm really begining to feel it's not worth me coming to anymore.

We seem to be getting more and more Dr Who, Star Wars and Harry Potter at each show with a few odd actors put in.

I know that you work really hard to make the shows happen for us fan, but it's just that I really used to look forward to coming to each show, now a days I know i'll spend most of the day waitting for my friend and looking at the stalls.

I would really love to see anyone from the following shows

NCIS

NCIS LA

Smallville

Game of Thrones

the new Star Trek movie

Lord of the rings

Merlin

Robin Hood

Cadfile

I do hope you can do something,

Many thanks

Lady of Hay

Hi Showmasters

I have just been to the London Media show this weekend and had an okay time. It would have been better if i didn't have to waite around so much for my friend while she meet lots of guest that she wanted to see. I have been going to Showmaster events since Colletormaina 3 and I'm really begining to feel it's not worth me coming to anymore.

We seem to be getting more and more Dr Who, Star Wars and Harry Potter at each show with a few odd actors put in.

I know that you work really hard to make the shows happen for us fan, but it's just that I really used to look forward to coming to each show, now a days I know i'll spend most of the day waitting for my friend and looking at the stalls.

I would really love to see anyone from the following shows

NCIS

NCIS LA

Smallville

Game of Thrones

the new Star Trek movie

Lord of the rings

Merlin

Robin Hood

Cadfile

I do hope you can do something,

Many thanks

Lady of Hay

can i add to that list

sons of anarchy

walking dead

law and order

the body farm

• Moderators

In the end, Jason & Co have to decide whether guests are worth getting along.

At least Doctor Who, Star Wars etc do really well, especially when it's someone like Tennant/Gillan or whoever.

Can anyone guarantee such success with, for example, NCIS guests? It's far riskier, and we can't fill a show with potential failures.

At least Doctor Who, Star Wars etc do really well, especially when it's someone like Tennant/Gillan or whoever.

Can anyone guarantee such success with, for example, NCIS guests? It's far riskier, and we can't fill a show with potential failures.

i think walking dead guests would do well, i know at EMS there were quite a few people buying pics and would love to meet the stars, same with sons of anarchy, charlie hunnam pics were also a fave and well he is english after all. i am sure he would love to come to an english con he does enough american ones

i would love to meet timothy olyphant from justified on a different note

And you listed a bunch of shows and stuff that we have had guests from, either at some point at the last event.

We've had one person from Game of Thornes on the sunday and not everyone can afford to go both days and one person from Gadfile, I wouldn't really say that was a lot off my list.

I'm not asking for a whole show full of the guest from my list, and you'll be amazed how many watch NCIS, If they didn't it wouldn't been in it's 9th season

And you listed a bunch of shows and stuff that we have had guests from, either at some point at the last event.

We've had one person from Game of Thornes on the sunday and not everyone can afford to go both days and one person from Gadfile, I wouldn't really say that was a lot off my list.

I'm not asking for a whole show full of the guest from my list, and you'll be amazed how many watch NCIS, If they didn't it wouldn't been in it's 9th season

i love NCIS i would like to meet any of them!!

• Moderators

Viewing figures don't always translate into people meeting them at conventions sadly. That's why it's often a risk to try newer things.

I'm well aware of the millions that watch shows like NCIS, CSI etc, but that doesn't guarantee a hit in terms of a con appearance unfortunately.

If SM choose to take that risk then it's great for the fans but I can understand why they'd be a little wary of trying too many new things at once.

• 3 months later...

Viewing figures don't always translate into people meeting them at conventions sadly. That's why it's often a risk to try newer things.

I'm well aware of the millions that watch shows like NCIS, CSI etc, but that doesn't guarantee a hit in terms of a con appearance unfortunately.

If SM choose to take that risk then it's great for the fans but I can understand why they'd be a little wary of trying too many new things at once.

should bring sons of anarchy here many of there cast have been in alot of things people will be interested i reakon esp with ron perlmen in the cast i know u brought him over a couple of years bk cos i met him lol but i wanna meet him again http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1124373/

like david said SM get people for the vast rather than the niche markets. Like I'd love Mark Wright (don't shoot me lol) but I can't imagine many con goers wanting to meet TOWIE guests and they have high viewing figures.

Plus i'm deffo pro potter haha

I must say that I am very disappointed with the selection of stars lined up for MK (up to now). I am not a Potter, Star Trek or Dr Who fan at all and I hope there is more variety come June. I've been attending Collectormania for 8 years now and now thinking that it is not worth the journey this year.

Variety and diversity of stars is best, otherwise a niche market is being created which won't appeal to people like myself.

I wouldnt really call DW, Trek, Potter and I'll add Wars as its a staple of the cons all bundled together 'niche' lol

Those are like the 4 big fandoms for con attendance figures on their own, together and your into the thousands and thousands of fans willing to come along.

I'll say what I say to others, its not SM's fault that you dont have as many/as diverse a selection of fandoms. Liking one or two are for the dedicated weekend cons. These events are for the masses and the big four that get those masses in are the three you listed plus Wars.

For me LFCC isnt looking so hot as previous years. But that isnt a comment on the guest, jus that SM, for that event, has not got people from fandoms I like or people I've already met.

Bottom line for events, you win some you lose some. You'll go one year and have to decide between people you have so mnay to meet, next year you may only have 1 or 2. Still up to you if you go or not.

Exactly, I'm not a fan of star wars or trek but understand their high popularity value! A few years back I was sat with a guest who played a storm trooper, so you didnt even get to see his face! However he sold allllllllll his photos lol, as well as signing items brought by attendees.

• 2 weeks later...

I agree. It's a shame that there isn't the call for horror guests in the same way there is in America. Sci-fi seems to go down better in the UK.

I agree. It's a shame that there isn't the call for horror guests in the same way there is in America. Sci-fi seems to go down better in the UK.

I would love to see some classic horror guests, stars and directors; meeting George Romero is one of my finest memories!

Blimey...Are we talking about the same shows here?

SM is without doubt, the best and most consistent venue for the bigger American guests, as well as more locally home grown big talents.

Trust me, there is at least one organiser that has not had a big US headliner guest in nearly four years, puts out the same tired old guests again and again, does crap 70s 'sit-coms' and 'soaps' reunions, cannot take even constructive criticism, and does not answer even direct emails...and directly lifted the "ONLY FOOLS AND HORSES reunion photo-shoot" idea from SM. All of that mass of disappointment preceded by having to pay to park, then pay to get in??!!!

I mean, good grief...at this event we have STAR TREK Royalty, for goodness sake! I'd just love to see the other sad bunch of charlatans get the likes of Ms. Nicholls :( on their guest list. Fat chance thought there is of it!

Given the choice I'd take an SM event, any day of the week, over one of theirs or anyone elses.

Edited by SlippDigby

Am i missing something!? There isn't many potter guests yet! That's my gripe. And i think guests are earlier this year. I have no worry. Altho there isn't anyone i want to see... YET

Aye there's only one! lol not that id complain if they were all potter ones