Sanctuary Guests

fifi

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No problem :blush:

I read that there'll be a 2nd part soon but it wasn't out when I posted that. If anyone sees a 2nd part floating around at some point please let me know :whistling:

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm not happy to have Robin as a main guest. He has nothing to do with Stargate and his fee is probably stopping, us getting another SG headliner, also big price jump. So although I have gone gold for every Chevron Event so far I wont be doing so for this. If this is a multi-fandom event now you need to change the website which clearly states an event for Stargate fans. Sorry guys very disappointed by this move

Sorry to be a party pooper, but I'm not happy to have Robin as a main guest. He has nothing to do with Stargate and his fee is probably stopping, us getting another SG headliner, also big price jump. So although I have gone gold for every Chevron Event so far I wont be doing so for this. If this is a multi-fandom event now you need to change the website which clearly states an event for Stargate fans. Sorry guys very disappointed by this move

Robin is coming because Ammanda asked for it. Ammanda and him have been doing a lot of cons together lately so that is why he is attending. anyway most of those in sanctuery have played a part in stargate.

Well I think Robin is one of the few that actually HASN'T played a part in Stargate.....

I don't really care who comes, I go for my friends now...I hope that ME stick to their assurances that there will be no more dedicated Sanctuary guests and that we get a really good selection of Stargate actors to add to the 2 (outside of Amanda) announced at Chevron 7.7....

I never buy Gold or Silver now....I sit at the back, get my freebies and buy what suits me......I reserve my hotel early (leaving room for cancellation if possible without loss of money, bar a small deposit) and buy a Standard ticket last minute as I can.....that way I know more or less what I'm getting for my money and rarely get disappointed...

I doubt I'll stay for talks that focus directly on Sanctuary though....I've watched most of the series and just do not really enjoy it that much....

Deeds xx

Edited by discodiva

This forum really does make me chuckle sometimes. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and freedom of speech but there do seem to be a lot of people who come over as expecting Mark and Jason to be responsible for weather, hotel management, building of conference centres, filming schedules and the worldwide recession to name just a few :smile:

I have never seen Sanctuary, and I don't know much about the TV and film industry, but I do know enough to know that 'compromise' is not a dirty word but an essential in ANY industry these days. As far as I am concerned, if we want to continue with these events (and I really do!) then as Stargate is no longer on air then to get people to pay hard-earned cash might well mean some compromises.

I've never met a 'bad' (bad choice of word but I can't think of anything else at the moment) guest at any Chevron event (or Showmasters by the way) so I am sure that Robin will be really interesting and will no doubt do his utmost to win everyone over - I obviously don't know the guy, but I would imagine he isn't daft and will know that 99% of people will be coming to meet Amanda, but hey, if he and Amanda can 'sell' Sanctuary to a whole new legion of fans then why knock them for it? To be blunt, we wouldn't have got RDA without the Sea Shepherd association and I found that something new and interesting, so I for one really don't mind and I'm looking forward to meeting him...............he will have some 'Amanda' stories to tell if nothing else! :D

i agree with sadfan99. we have to accept compremise sometimes, and there is no such thing as a bad guest. sometimes i find that those i am least interested in meeting are offen the most funny and entertaining ones. i always go with an open mind and have never been dissapointed. i love these events and will carry on going no matter who comes. 7.7 had pete(apophis) and alexis( skaara/klorel) an i partied with them till 4am. so i say put aside worries and just embrace whoever we get. they are all great people!

Edited by stargate geek emily

This forum really does make me chuckle sometimes. I know everyone is entitled to their opinions and freedom of speech but there do seem to be a lot of people who come over as expecting Mark and Jason to be responsible for weather, hotel management, building of conference centres, filming schedules and the worldwide recession to name just a few :smile:

I have never seen Sanctuary, and I don't know much about the TV and film industry, but I do know enough to know that 'compromise' is not a dirty word but an essential in ANY industry these days. As far as I am concerned, if we want to continue with these events (and I really do!) then as Stargate is no longer on air then to get people to pay hard-earned cash might well mean some compromises.

I've never met a 'bad' (bad choice of word but I can't think of anything else at the moment) guest at any Chevron event (or Showmasters by the way) so I am sure that Robin will be really interesting and will no doubt do his utmost to win everyone over - I obviously don't know the guy, but I would imagine he isn't daft and will know that 99% of people will be coming to meet Amanda, but hey, if he and Amanda can 'sell' Sanctuary to a whole new legion of fans then why knock them for it? To be blunt, we wouldn't have got RDA without the Sea Shepherd association and I found that something new and interesting, so I for one really don't mind and I'm looking forward to meeting him...............he will have some 'Amanda' stories to tell if nothing else! ;)

:D

I completely agree with sadfan99.

I get that some people might be disappointed with a few guests. It's impossible to invite everybody's favourite actors as we are really different.

Many people (including me) are happy with Robin. Some might not. The 2 new announced guests are not that interesting to me, but I don't come here and complain, because I hope they are great people even though I don't even know one of them. But I'm sure there are many people who loves them, so they deserve to meet them. :)

My main point is. You can't always get what you want, but without the ME this con wouldn't even exist. So if you want to come then buy your ticket, if you are not pleased with the list of guests and you think it's not worth it for you then don't come. It's as easy as that. :)

I can understand what people mean . . . I mean Ive watched SG1 forever, some Atlantis and no SGU or Sanctuary, but my plan is to stock up on those episodes before I go! if I manage to go :/ Check them out a bit. Im a little biased in the sense that my first con was 7.7 so I would obv like to see some BIG SG1 names, so if a couple more could be thrown in, a few little roles and maybe another big one (michael or chris please!) then im cool with it! Would like a guest line up such as Amanda and Chris as big names, and as I said a few smaller ones thrown in.

I have no idea who Robin is lol but Im gonna read up and watch and learn, just hoping for a couple more SG1 names in the mix :dance:

I can understand what people mean . . . I mean Ive watched SG1 forever, some Atlantis and no SGU or Sanctuary, but my plan is to stock up on those episodes before I go! if I manage to go :/ Check them out a bit. Im a little biased in the sense that my first con was 7.7 so I would obv like to see some BIG SG1 names, so if a couple more could be thrown in, a few little roles and maybe another big one (michael or chris please!) then im cool with it! Would like a guest line up such as Amanda and Chris as big names, and as I said a few smaller ones thrown in.

I have no idea who Robin is lol but Im gonna read up and watch and learn, just hoping for a couple more SG1 names in the mix :dance:

usuely there is only 1 big star and the rest are lesser roled people. it would be great for mickael/chris or claudia to come but only a slim chance of getting them. wel will just have to wait and see.but i alwaysfind that whoever's comes is great and those you least expect to be interested in are offen the most funny, intersting and friendly people there.

Edited by stargate geek emily

all these actors appeared in both stargate and sanctuary---Christopher Heyerdahl, Ryan Robbins, David Hewlett, Kavan Smith, Chuck Campbell, Dan Shea, David (Dan) Joffre, Dan Payne, Sheri Noel, Laura Mennell, David Richmond-Peck, Panou, David Nykl, Jonathon Young, Mark Gibbon, Agam Darshi, Brenda McDonald, Christopher Gauthier, Sean Tyson, Nicole Muñoz, Colin Cunningham, Richard Zeman, Michael Shanks, Aleks Paunovic, Steve Archer, Nimet Kanji, Paul McGillion, Ronald Selmour, Tobias Slezak, Gary Jones, Peter Flemming, Martin Christopher, Christian Sloan, Allison Hossack, Adrian Hough, Chris Nowland, Pascale Hutton, Nels Lennarson, Jody Thompson, Sean Rogerson and David Milchard. Martin Wood

so realy whay should it matter that we have a sanctuery guest at a chevron con. if any of the above come to a chevron people could aske them sanctuary questions. i say. im looking forward to meeting Robin in feb.

usuely there is only 1 big star and the rest are lesser roled people.
I guess that depends on your definition of 'big star'. Chevron 7.1, 7.2, 7.3, and 7.4 all had two main cast members. That was the intention for 7.7 as well, until the two unfortunate cancellations.

all these actors appeared in both stargate and sanctuary---Christopher Heyerdahl, Ryan Robbins, David Hewlett, Kavan Smith, Chuck Campbell, Dan Shea, David (Dan) Joffre, Dan Payne, Sheri Noel, Laura Mennell, David Richmond-Peck, Panou, David Nykl, Jonathon Young, Mark Gibbon, Agam Darshi, Brenda McDonald, Christopher Gauthier, Sean Tyson, Nicole Muñoz, Colin Cunningham, Richard Zeman, Michael Shanks, Aleks Paunovic, Steve Archer, Nimet Kanji, Paul McGillion, Ronald Selmour, Tobias Slezak, Gary Jones, Peter Flemming, Martin Christopher, Christian Sloan, Allison Hossack, Adrian Hough, Chris Nowland, Pascale Hutton, Nels Lennarson, Jody Thompson, Sean Rogerson and David Milchard. Martin Wood

so realy whay should it matter that we have a sanctuery guest at a chevron con. if any of the above come to a chevron people could aske them sanctuary questions. i say. im looking forward to meeting Robin in feb.

I know there are a lot of actors who have appeared in both Stargate and Sanctuary but I don't watch Sanctuary and am interested in the Stargate side of things. Personally, and it is just my opinion, I wouldn't want the Chevron cons to turn into Stargate/Sanctuary cons. I will however listen to Robin Dunne on stage and be entertained I'm sure but I go primarily go for Stargate and will stay for Stargate.

• 1 month later...

Really dont have a problem with Robin from Sanctuary. Love the show. And as Chevron is the only con i go to its actually nice to get the chance to meet him here. As long as most guests are Stargaters then im happy. More guests to make up the ticket inclustion the better. One price 3 guest or same price 4 guests. Maths adds up for me. Thanks ME

Really dont have a problem with Robin from Sanctuary. Love the show. And as Chevron is the only con i go to its actually nice to get the chance to meet him here. As long as most guests are Stargaters then im happy. More guests to make up the ticket inclustion the better. One price 3 guest or same price 4 guests. Maths adds up for me. Thanks ME

i too am happy to meet Robin. i like both sanctuary and stargate. chevron is also the only convention i go to and can get to where i live. i dont see peoples problems. if having robin there means we get ammanda then they should stop pouting. there are still pleanty of stargate actors and many of those from stargate then also wrent on to be in sanctuary. i can't wait for 7.8.

I remember a lot of people moaning about the fact the Ben and Chris were unable to attend 7.7, but the weekend was great, and all the guests were amazing.

I agree with those people who say, "if you don't like it don't come" no one is forcing you. And if you do come, I am sure it will be another great weekend regardless of whether Robin is on Sanctuary.

Robin is an amazing guy, I have met him before and couldn't stop laughing at his stories.

I don't think it matters that he hasn't been in SG anything! I'm just really hoping he doesn't read theses forums and decide not to come:(

I know not all people are happy about everything but I do feel that we should be happy with the other SG guests we have got going, Gary Chalk is one helluva dude and can't wait to meet Patrick Gilmore! And last but not least the perfect Amanda! what more could we want?