Joe Flannigan

Ophelia

Loved the talk with Joe Flanigan. I've never been to a talk with him before. He was really funny, open and very interesting.

All the different voices he kept using cracked me up.

I still totally clammed up at the photo session and autograph desk....really got to work opn that.

Loved the talk with Joe Flanigan. I've never been to a talk with him before. He was really funny, open and very interesting.

All the different voices he kept using cracked me up.

I still totally clammed up at the photo session and autograph desk....really got to work opn that.

He was great. Admitted the talk wasn't his favourite thing to do but he was so funny and interesting on both days.

I've uploaded my photos which include quite a few from both his talks if you want to have a look

https://picasaweb.google.com/howard.crowe/E...ntMediaShow2011

Edited by Rockstar6662

I saw him on the Sunday in the entrance of Earl's Court going in and the security/door person didn't know who he was and he said I'm one of the guests to which the doorman replied, well okay if you say so I believe you and I said to my friend... isn't that the bloke off Stargate?! Being questioned by the bloke on the door of all things.

We met Joe first thing on Saturday....we have now learnt NOT to go autograph hunting before lunch now!!, Joe was very friendly but we werent 'set up' for the day yet and instead of chatting it was like "Hi and Bye" (not his fault!), although he did like my sons outfit (he dressed as john s!) and again at the photoshoot!

Saw his talk on Sunday, very funny and a nice man! (if not very hot!!)

Edited by alisonloub

Met Joe again for the fourth time as he is so lovely we always make a point of seeing him. He is such a nice guy and we brought all our previous photo's with him over the years which gave us lots to chat about.

He said that he's just made an action film with Jean Claude Van Damme.

He's a top guy

He was the main person i went to the EMS for as i'm a huge Stargate fan and it was great to get his autograph, sit in on his talk and to get a photo with him.

The only part i really kick myself for is that when i meet someone i'm a fan of i get really nervous and when i handed my dvd sleeve for him to sign i was full on shaking which is so embaressing. He did make me feel better though as there was no one else waiting for his autograph at the time so he spoke to me for a little bit which made me feel alot more relaxed for the photo session.

Lastly i discovered his favourite word is 'buddy' as he called me that about 20 times during our conversation haha.

was a cool guest, but in the shoot he put is arm sorta half around my waist, felt like he was pushing me away or preventing me from getting closer, was weird. but he seemed to be nice to everyone.

I've always been of the impression that Joe has a very well defined (and fairly large) sense of personal space - something I understand very well! Have always been wary of asking him to do my typical photoshoot pose before now because of that but I carefully phrased a request on Saturday so he had an easy out and there was a second's thoughtful pause before I got an 'okay, sure'. He has seemed to slowly relax in photoshoots over the years though, hence my request :)

was a cool guest, but in the shoot he put is arm sorta half around my waist, felt like he was pushing me away or preventing me from getting closer, was weird. but he seemed to be nice to everyone.

I've always been of the impression that Joe has a very well defined (and fairly large) sense of personal space - something I understand very well! Have always been wary of asking him to do my typical photoshoot pose before now because of that but I carefully phrased a request on Saturday so he had an easy out and there was a second's thoughtful pause before I got an 'okay, sure'. He has seemed to slowly relax in photoshoots over the years though, hence my request :)

Interesting, in my shoot he was very welcoming and put his arm round my shoulder no problem at all. I'm always careful with the personal space thing and generally take my queue from those in front. Didn't get any sense of any issues from watching others and thought he was great.

Interesting, in my shoot he was very welcoming and put his arm round my shoulder no problem at all. I'm always careful with the personal space thing and generally take my queue from those in front. Didn't get any sense of any issues from watching others and thought he was great.

I'm the same on the personal space front, i never put my arm around someones shoulder unless they're ok with it and as soon as i approached him he shook my hand and put his arm around my shoulder first so he seemed perfectly fine to me, i was happy :-)

Casual arm around the shoulder or half around the waist is okay. I didn't mean it to sound as if Joe was stand-offish or never let anyone get fairly close or touch. It's if you wanted more, or different or something quite close... I got Joe to stand behind me on Saturday and put his arms around me. A little closer than the standard pose and different body part come into contact...

And Joe is a lovely and warm person. I've just always got that personal space vibe from him though (as being someone like that myself).

Edited by thefreckles

I was having a catch-up photoshoot with a main guest, just after the Oscar shoot, and who did I find seated in the photographers chair than Joe Flannigan, caressing the Oscar like Gollum with the Precious! I had to comment, I really did. However, if I'd have realised just how REAL that Oscar was, I'd have grabbed a ticket... sorry for doubting! (Darn, opportunity missed)

Edited by Les