Review of the weekend and Johnny English Two premiere

dc14g10

Hi, firstly thanks for a brilliant show it was geuinely incredible. To be honest i may be easy to please as this was my first convention but the dealers were nice and helpful with a wide range of items only problem was in that area was the lack of anime items. Girlfriend was saddened, so did anyone else find this? Cant complain though i still spent my entire savings which amounted to about a £1000 and which does not include the gold pass.Which just to say in terms of the big guests such as arthur darvill and david tennant and surprisingly, or maybe unsurprisingly, Evanna Lynch the pass was a godsend. The staff were great and helpful and really chatty especially the guy who was on the evanna lynch pay desk on saturday because he was really chatty and interesting. Guest wise they were all fantastic Evanna Lynch, Arthur Darvrill and Daviid Tennant were a pleasure to meet and quite talkative. But my standout out guess was Eve Myles wow what a incredible women so talkative and treats every fan as an equal and seems to geuinely enjoy being round them. Sure we had a talk about the weather (what a British thing to do btw) but she was so lovely and took time with everyone. So thanks Eve.

My biggest shout out must go to the incredible Lee at the comic zone as i asked for a Joker drawing which he spent about an hour and half doing whilst talking to us and the outcome was amazing geuinely one of the best and most unique sketches of the joker i have ever seen and goes so well with my just purchased heath ledger autograph from the show from another brilliant dealer lol this sketch was so good Lee took a picture of it and said it was the best he had ever drawn. So thankyou so much Lee it was lovely meeting you. Final shout out is to you guys. You were brilliant and so so chatty and welcoming especially the girl i was lined with in the david tennant queue who i think had like five items to sign and also the guy who was in the gold pass queue i was in on sunday at the entrance whose mum was lost somewhere in the mass of the earlybird ticket line. Both amazing. Just a side note if i ever accidently hit anyone with a bag i am sorry truely lol but its hard because my bags literally seemed to have a mind of their own.

Ok now this is the main point i wanted to make. Sooooo after getting the heath ledger autograph which i have always wanted (dont ask how much i paid for it seems ridicolous but its my fav movie and fav actor). I was looking for X Files autographs because to put it frankly i am slightly obssessed with the x files currently. So i noticed a Gillian Anderson for £35 at a autograph dealer. So so so tempted but passed (too much money on the heath ledger auto already). But i went to another dealer and i asked if he had David and Gilian's autos and he said no they are almost impossible to get because Gillian doesnt like signing x files stuff. But he said .... she and Rowan Atkinson are at the premiere of Johnny English Two. So i ran to get my sketch from Lee at the comic zone who gave me a piece of paper (which to be fair i did suggest i would pay for lol so again thanks Lee) So to summarise got to Leicester Square sure enough the premiere was there Rowan Atkkinson came and went lol sadly no autograph from him lol was slightly difficult with all the pushing. But then Gillian came and we got two autographs from her lol brilliant and a lovely women who insisted on signing autographs lol even better the pains that were pushing us about and literally shoving us out the way,who i supposed were just looking to get the autographs to sell, had X files photos and didnt get nowt. So thankyou to that dealer too because without him i wouldnt of known about the premiere and also i would of almost certainly taken a x files photo with me and she stated 'no xfiles photos'. Anywho i also wondered if anyone else went to this premiere? and also i wonder why Gillian says no to Xfiles? Maybe wants to seperate herself from it i guessed lol thats like David Tennant saying nope no more Doctor WHo autographs just Fright Night.

Edited by dc14g10

Japan Centre is more for like Japanese homeware and stuff which is really cool and thats near piccadily circus i think lower regent street. Chinatown has odd Japanese stuff dotted around especially in the Chinatown Market. But forbidden planet in Soho is a massive two story cult department store. With the top half with loads of movie, comic and game merchandise and downstairs is loads of comics, manga, dvds etc. Think i spent like £250.00 in that shop so be warned. Easiest way to find it is to search it on google maps to be honest.

Thanks.

To be honest you didnt miss that much lol juat a load of walking. Autographs were just about being in the right place at the right time. Plus Gillian and Rowan were main attraction and they were hard to get due to pushing and shoving. But was amazing just for gillian and at least seeing rowan. Lol i cant imagine what its like for a AAA title

I kinda guess they know if its a photo its more likely to be a autograph dealer than an actual fan hence why gillian didnt sign x files because she probably gathered they would be sold on lol and i think orlando blooms is at the three musketeers which will be mental. Tintin premiere though with steven spielberg there will be mental lol but i want to go to happy feet 2 just for robin williams. Yer that place at piccadilly called japan centre.