David Tennant was brilliant!

marktimelord

Totally agree with all the positive things people have already said on here - he was fantastic. I had a photoshoot with him, one of the early numbers, and he was lovely - had a massive smile for everyone, a quick hello/how are you/thanks for coming, and I'll treasure my photo.

I went back later to get an autograph towards the end of the day, just before he went to open queue, and he still seemed full of energy - warmly greeting everyone, seemed really interested in the various things people brought to get signed, very friendly and chatted whilst signing, shook hands afterwards... And by that time he'd had over 1,000 photoshoots and must have signed several hundred autographs (I'm sure I talked to someone with a VT over 700!)! Of course, there were no personalisations, but that had to be the case. He did put "x" s though, and I'm sure I'm not the only one who appreciated that! :D

Also, despite it looking like crew at times were trying to get him to hurry up (which I can sort of understand, with those numbers involved!), he seemed to stick to his own pace and somehow still managed to get through everyone without making it feel rushed - and with an open queue by the end of the day, he obviously paced things very well!

All in all, I think David Tennant is now something of a gold standard and proof that even the biggest guests' signings don't need to feel like a conveyor belt!

Couldn't have asked for a better experience really :D

David was wonderful, I got to tell him about something that meant an incredible deal to me and the way in which he had inspired me which was the best I could have hoped for. He seems genuinely lovely and highly professional. I hope he does more events as he seemed to deal with it extremely well.

From the event/organisation/staff side of things I thought his appearance at the show was handled so well and so smoothly. Everyone predicted chaos and it was actually very calm and easy - much kudos :)

unfortunately didnt get a photo booked in time

and had ticket 890 for auto (although had bought one online just in case)

anyone know what number he got upto

I had to leave but my number seemed unlikely

hope he can come again soon

there were a lot of people who could not get photo pics either

so there is bound to be enough demand for another another visit

unfortunately didnt get a photo booked in time

and had ticket 890 for auto (although had bought one online just in case)

anyone know what number he got upto

I had to leave but my number seemed unlikely

Pity you had to leave. Around 5pm the VQ number was showing 1050 when I walked past and shortly after that they went open queue so if you could have stayed until near the end you'd have got to see him no problem.

Appreciate it's not always possible but it really is worth trying to work it so you can stay all day. Most people go open queue towards the end.

What can I say about DT. He was simply amazing.

He met and exceeded all my expectations! I was worried about meeing Mr Tennant at an event like this as I was worried I'd be rushed through and miss out on the while Tennant experience.

It was simply awesome, I was able to spend a good couple of mins chatting to DT. It was epic.

I'm glad I went in the Benedick costume as well as it was a talking point for me and DT (he was one of the few people to know what I was dressed as!!)

Brilliant experience and well handled by the crew.

Words fail me for how great an experience it was!

I am very interested to read your comments about meeting David Tennant on here. Glad you all had such a good time. I saw him in Much Ado in July, but didn't go to say hello at the stage door as it was bucketing down with rain. How did the people queueing to see him behave? I was so tempted to go to this event, but had a feeling that the fangirls might be very squealy and pushy, like reports I have read about the stage door!

He met and exceeded all my expectations! I was worried about meeing Mr Tennant at an event like this as I was worried I'd be rushed through and miss out on the while Tennant experience.

It was simply awesome, I was able to spend a good couple of mins chatting to DT. It was epic.

I'm glad I went in the Benedick costume as well as it was a talking point for me and DT (he was one of the few people to know what I was dressed as!!)

Were you the guy in the Superman t-shirt covered in paint? That was a brilliant costume, well thought out :D

YOUR COSTUME WAS AWESOME. I remember seeing you and thinking, 'BEST COSTUME OF THE WEEKEND.' haha. :D

And i second what someone else said in an earlier post about the young man controlling the front of DT autograph queue in the afternoon. He did a good job & had a firm but pleasant manner in giving out instructions.

We had aFAB time at this event. :P

Thanks for the thanks. It really means alot. To be fair though, all the attendees that came to see DT were really awesome as well. No dramas or hissy fits. Everyone seemed to be in a great mood in spite of the heat. For that I am VERY thankful. I'll be honest, when I was given my assignment on the Sunday, I was half looking forward to it, and half dreading the inevitable headache and stress.....thankfully, due to the awesomeness of DT fans, the latter half of the prediction never happened.

Thank you to all, see you next time!

Ken

Well, I wish I lived in England... then I could have been here would have loved to see him like this. BUT I have had the fortune of seeing him after a play in London "Much ado about nothing". There were tons of people outside but managed to get an autograph on my program and a picture with him. (Not the best... but it was awesome) :) This was three days after comic con this year.

I hope that perhaps he will be returning for comic con 2012 :)

Were you the guy in the Superman t-shirt covered in paint?

Yep, that was me :whistling:

For those of us who do not know the Bard, it would be nice to learn why a Shakespearean character would be wearing a Superman shirt and why he might be daubed in Calamine Lotion. I saw you but had not a clue that you were cosplaying!