David Tennant was brilliant!

marktimelord

yep I also thought he was fantastic, tried to and think he did make at least a bit of time for everyone even if it was a look, smile and hello ect. was impressed, I hope it wasnt too daunting for him and I hope he returns soon!

he seemed a very nice chap

Yes, he seemed very lovely! He was always smiling when I saw him and at least said hi to everyone. He even commented on my t-shirt when I went up to get his autograph and when I told him he was the last living Doctor I'd not me he said he was glad to complete my collection :D

He was just incredible!

Just like Karen Gillan, for the busiest guest of the weekend he made time for all and was happy and smiley and just really lovely :wub:

He was impressed with people's costumes and anything special you had to get signed and was shaking hands (still my fav thing about today as it was the most I could of asked for and it happened. I was happy)

I shook the hand and talked to MY Doctor and the man responsible for the most man-tears I've ever cried....ok maybe not man-tears :D

BRILLIANT guest!

He was just incredible!

Just like Karen Gillan, for the busiest guest of the weekend he made time for all and was happy and smiley and just really lovely :lol:

He was impressed with people's costumes and anything special you had to get signed and was shaking hands (still my fav thing about today as it was the most I could of asked for and it happened. I was happy)

He was great. Just like Karen, for a busy guest he still made time for everyone and made you feel welcome and I went away totally happy (if somewhat financially lighter).

You're right that he did seem fascinated by all teh things people had. A girl in front of me (Lorna I think? we met in the gold queue and bumped into each other a lot over the weekend) had some great limited edition things and he was totally into it saying how rare some were etc. Brilliant guest.

Hope everyone had a similar experience.

I have to agree with everyone.

David was absolutely wonderful, although he had to get through so much during the day, he kept on smiling and saying hi all the time.

He even commented on me coming all the way from Denmark to meet him, absolutely top guy, if he wants to come back, then I hope Showmasters will do everything they can ^^ :P:P:dance:

He was lovely, very chatty when I met him (early morning and when he was open queue).

He took the time to look at the things I brought him to sign and really loved by 11 Doctor figure set as well as the "lego" 11 Doctor set I found shortly before he was open queue that I got him to sign - he'd never seen the latter before and got quite excited about it.

Very happy :)

Edited by chimmykins

David was brilliant. Took my four year old son to meet him as he loves Doctor Who especially the tenth and eleven doctor.

It just so happened that we bought him a figure from a dealer that he had been after for ages of Matt Smith in his regeneration outfit. From a distance of course it looks like David Tennant's doctor. When we walk up to the desk to have the photo signed, David said to him 'Hi, how are you, what have you got there' thinking it was his figure.

Of course my son proudly told him 'It's Matt Smith!' which caused everyone including David to laugh.

We didn't get an auto, in fact we steered clear of his room most of the day, as we had the money on us (we didn't know how much money we would have before!) but we felt it was too expensive, if we had gone there, we would have blown it!.

BUT!!!! we did have two photos, myself and my son, and he said to my son "you look very cool", so I was a very happy mummy!

David did indeed seem very friendly and happy to be at the event, unfortunately when I got my autographs he was in conversation with the lady to his right while signing my pictures.

As he was so busy I was impressed he managed to interact with as many people as he did, I hope he'll consider returning some time in the future :)

David was amazingly friendly, having a moment with people but still managing to get through people quickly. It felt a bit more personal than the Karen Gillan production line, even a few handshakes for some lucky lucky people.

Thankyou for coming Mr Tennant.

Also thanks to the guy working the front of the queue (by the no-more-photos-white line) early in the morning. Didnt catch his name but he was professional and kept the line moving in a friendly and low stress way which I very much appreciated. Thanks to that dude, and I hope his boss is reading this post. There is enough stress in these situations without shouty staff buzz killing everyone. Good work that man.

That would be Ken and you are right he did a great job as always,

Also thanks to the guy working the front of the queue (by the no-more-photos-white line) early in the morning. Didnt catch his name but he was professional and kept the line moving in a friendly and low stress way which I very much appreciated. Thanks to that dude, and I hope his boss is reading this post. There is enough stress in these situations without shouty staff buzz killing everyone. Good work that man.

yes well what can i say? even though i was lucky to have met the man himself a cple of years ago but on this occassion it was the best. My mate and i were lucky to be there early enough to meet him without a VQ ticket and he was brilliant. Thanks you guys for making this opportunity a reality. And for the record i had two 10x8 photos and my Time Crash exclusive figure 2pack signed. It would have been a huge bonus to have had just ONE personalisation but hey theres always next time. A big thanks to you guys and a big thank you to Mr Tennant and im sure we will meet again.

I only met David at the photoshoot, as I couldn't really afford both but he was absolutely lovely. I did ask for a hug and Malcolm pointed out there wasnt time for that. However David did say "I'm really sorry" and smiled. :D:P

I met him last month at the stage door of Much Ado and he was lovely then too. Such a warm and friendly person who wanted to make sure he signed something for everyone there.

Would love to see him do a talk, so maybe SM can get him back again :D

I am very pleasantly surprised it went so well. I had visions of hoards of newbs turning up and being pushy.

I hope that next time he does a convention he will not charge so much as not everyone has lots of money and can afford to pay double the usual amount for one auto. I have 4 Dr Who pics and a Hamlet London programme I want signed (with Alex, Georgia, Catherine presigned and a Tardis which already multi signed and just missing David and Matt) Would have cost me £225 to get them signed at £45 a pop! Over twice my budget for entry and photoshoots for the whole weekend. :wub:

David Tennant was Great. So friendly & full of energy even by the afternoon photo shoot when you think he should be knackered! Imagine having 2 smile for 1000 photo's as well as smile at the autograph table.

And i second what someone else said in an earlier post about the young man controlling the front of DT autograph queue in the afternoon. He did a good job & had a firm but pleasant manner in giving out instructions.

We had aFAB time at this event. :D