dame diana rigg

indio

after taking a year off from going to events, this whole experience of yesterday couldent have been better. :D arrived at the show at 11am, thought id be in and out by lunch, was given a ticket with the number 323. after being told i wouldent be seen to by 3pm i said to myself oh no what do i do for several hours as i only came to see her. i left earls court and took the tube to mill hill east to visit my grandparents grave in hendon cemetery, something ive been meaning to do for the last 2 years, by the time i got back to earls court it was after 3pm and i was seen more or less straight away. dame diana rigg was very nice and signed my 2 collectors items of my all time favourite bond movie and i left there a very happy man. a big thankyou to the fella that was organising diana riggs queue he worked very hard and thankyou to showmasters for the event. :D

Dame Diana was signing Avengers shots and indeed other items -she was particularly taken by my ltd edition figure set and the 50th anniversary dvd box set! ;)

As for personalisations, I count myself as one of the lucky ones. She was personalizing initially (as I saw other people's 8 x10's) but when I was queing after the 1.30 photoshoot, to my dismay there was a sign at the paying desk that stipulated "no personalizations", however when I got to the desk where she was signing, Dame Diana asked me what I wanted her to write and ofcourse I asked for a dedication which she was happy to do - most pleased with that!

I guess that because she arrived late, not sure exactly when but after 10.30am, the "no personalisations" was brought in to speed things up.

At a guess I'd say that the message for no personalisations hadn't reached the signing table when I got there, so about 2pm ish, so I was lucky in that respect. ;)

I'd be interested to hear other people's thoughts on their meeting with Dame Diana...

I was one of the unfortunate ones who was unable to meet Dame Diana. Might be partly my fault, but the amount of time she wasn't at her table in the morning / early afternoon didn't help either. (Arriving after 10.30, photoshoots, lunch break etc.)

After losing my place in the main queue outside - then waiting at the 'big guest signing area' where, when I asked I was told was the right place meant that I ended up with a VQ ticket that was higher than I should have ended up with.

Even though I am disappointed that I didn't get to meet her (that's life as they say) I was more dissapointed with the fact that I had bought some of the cards to get signed by her, as I thought my number was low enough to get to see her by 3pm, when I had to leave for transport reasons.

I kept checking on the queue and it never seemed to have moved much - it was on 0-150 for a very long time, i'm not entirely sure that the VT system was working that well - what increments did it go up in, it would be interesting to know...

I do question the fact that the cards were being sold at the organisers booth and not at her signing area - as I have to wonder how many other people were unable to get them signed, 600 cards total at £10 each = a lot of money for little effort (you do the maths), did she even manage to get to ticket number 600?

Dame Diana made my weekend. As a 26 year old that likes a lot of 60's cult tv it's difficult to find merchandise and meet the stars of the shows from that era. I have had the pleasure of seeing Diana in theatre before and couldn't believe my luck when SM announced her as a guest as Emma Peel is my 60's idol. I didn't really know what to expect of her at this kind of event as I'll be honest I could see her more at an autographica event. I was VT 15 but didn't see her until the afternoon as she turned up late (around 11am I think) so ended up getting my photoshoot with her first. She was lovely and even commented on the fact that it was nice that I had dressed for the occasion! Then I saw her at the desk to get one of the cards signed and again she couldn't have been nicer. She made my weekend and I'm lucky we were given the chance to meet her.

ahhh Dame Diana Rigg... was actually 2 half hours late so coffee an a bun for me. A lot of disgruntled people about. However when i finally engaged she was of course lovely and charming. triple of ohmss 10x8 my james bond poster book and an avengers still signed happy bithday sandy love diana rigg xx

so all lovely and fluffy thanks showmasters.

NOW .... i had stood in this que for well over an hour got to the pay section and BAMM 3 extremley rude obese people pushed in and stood in front of me. now im no shrinking violet so it was OI what are you doing? pusher in number 1 turned round flashed a dealers badge and in monotone "dealer" turned back stood there like some great sweaty edifice. pusher in number no 2 narky female was similar "numbers system" was her sole replie. pusher in number 3 female stood and simpered.

FLAMING RUDE although some on here will defend im sure lol

didnt want a fight there were 3 of em and blimey they were big lol. so swallowed it.

10 mins later crew came down and BAMM slung two more in front of me "they have to be somewhere" and i dont ? i asked.

however the crew member was very polite as were the que jumpers and apolagetic . so HEY HOE! shame the other 3 ingrates.

but Dame Diana was super lovely.

and ian if your reading this as im sure you will hey how you doing and see you at bluewater!

Meeting Dame Diana Rigg was just THE BEST. She was very approachable and appeared to genuinely appreciate it when i mentioned i had seen her on stage in Pheadre a number of years ago. Despite only experiencing the magic of the Avengers for the 1st time on one of its re runs about 15years ago, "Mrs Peel" remains my childhood hero. The photo now will take pride of place in my home.

X

Seems she was unaware of her daughter's auction of memorabilia in aid of her charity. LOL.. She was rather keen to know how much an iconic item from 'Tipping the Velvet' went for, which I couldn't help with.

I found it funny that I was telling her what her daughter did months back..

When I got there and she was off for her photoshoot, I was told she was signing slowly, because she was chatting to everyone...

haha I know EXACTLY which item you mean - that got pulled from the ebay auction for being so unique - it eventually went for £600.

Would be ace to get Rach at one of these events one day. A photo shoot with her and keeley would be amazing!

Dame Diana has to be the biggest influence and icon I've had throughout my life (I'm 24 so watched repeats and videos!) which only just hit me when I first stepped up to meet her and she took my hand which resulted in me crying as I was so incredibly nervous and happy - unfortunatley this meant I was useless at having the photo done and though we tried a couple of times I just couldn't even when she put her arm around me

so she asked her friend to get me a chair so I could wait for the others to have their photo done and leave and then I could try again which thankfully worked and I'll treasue the photo and memory (even if somewhat embarrassing!) forever. I was also very touched when she asked if I had recovered when I went to get my autograph.

I can't express how amazing and wonderful it was to have someone I have looked up too my whole life to not only meet my high expectations but actually exceed them!

During the time when I sat at the side whil other photos were being done I had a chat with the lovely gentleman who was accompanying Dame Diana and was wondering if anyone knows who he is? If not for him and Pooks (who was amazing) I think I would have become even more nervous!

During the time when I sat at the side whil other photos were being done I had a chat with the lovely gentleman who was accompanying Dame Diana and was wondering if anyone knows who he is? If not for him and Pooks (who was amazing) I think I would have become even more nervous!

He was a friend of Diana's and had accompanied her there. He was lovely and his name was Paul.

Hugs

Pooks x

Got to her after 3pm so no personalisation and i assume it was to speed things up my two items (10x8 and SM card from their booth) got passed to her before i got there, after finishing my second item she looked up gave me a smile and off i went. So if had just the one item probably wouldn't have got tht

He was a friend of Diana's and had accompanied her there. He was lovely and his name was Paul.

Hugs

Pooks x

Thanks! He really was such a lovely man, also you just don't seem to get men nowadays who offer handkerchiefs!

Now meeting Diana has sunk in a little more I wish so much I hadn't embarressed myself so much! Oh the shame! I just hope Diana was appalled...