any one think evanna lynch was brilliant?

chloepop

I've mentioned this in another thread and other people I know who met her thought the same.

I don't know about her being rude, she at least said "Thank you" to me when I said "Have a good weekend", but she ignored me completely before that, no reply to my hello and didn't even look up at me until after signing the autograph. I was very disappointed and it wasn't a great experience, but not my worst *cough* Shatner *cough*, but I didn't expect it with her at all :YAHOO:

She was apparently odd in the photo shoots too (I didn't have one myself though), just standing like a statue with her arms straight by her side, not moving, the photos do look a bit awkward too.

Hi I met Jennifer and had a brief chat but she just seemed to not be there, very distant and if I may say spaced out (a little bit upsetting) I dont know if she is Ill or something but was please to meet her all the same. Hope she is feeling better and it was nothing serious.

Hi I met Jennifer and had a brief chat but she just seemed to not be there, very distant and if I may say spaced out (a little bit upsetting) I dont know if she is Ill or something but was please to meet her all the same. Hope she is feeling better and it was nothing serious.

One of the showmasters crew did say she flew in from LA and was still very get lagged as I don't think she had gone to sleep yet... Maybe that's why??

One of the showmasters crew did say she flew in from LA and was still very get lagged as I don't think she had gone to sleep yet... Maybe that's why??

Thats good news if it was only jet lag :YAHOO: (can happen to anyone). I was a little worried there

Regarding Jennifer, I honestly don't believe it was rudeness. I think there maybe other reasons for her general unresponsive demeanour, so whilst I can sympathise with people being disappointed with their meets and photoshoots today, I am prepared to cut her some slack.

Jennifer has, by many accounts, had some difficulties in the past when it comes to convention appearances. She is, again by many accounts, very shy in public so her appearance in EMS surprised me and worried me somewhat, having seen her at other cons and being quite concerned for her. If, however, she feels up to this sort of show, I would hope that people would be understanding and I wish her well.

What was Jen like in the trek talk? I didn't get there early enough to go to it.

She didn't do the talk in the end it was just Eddie, Armin and Kitty.

Ah ok, thanks.

First off the bat, my following comments are not having a pop at anyone.

As regards Jennifer Lien and potential reasons why she was the way she was, any speculation about health issues is stepping into "being a little to personal" territory. With this being a public forum, and it being reasonably well known for guests and/or their agents coming on here and reading posts, some phrases or comments made may make others have second thoughts about attending in the future. I know you guys have paid to see her, but please think about how you yourself would feel if you saw posts and comments about why you had or had not been a certain way that day.

I am sure that Showmasters will be looking after all of their guests and helping with any potential reasons for the way a guest may or may not be.

And to close, please remember that I am not having a pop at anyone but asking people to think of the feelings of others and how some comments may be perceived.

Take care and enjoy the rest of the weekend.

I've hidden some posts for pretty much the reasons Simon has given above. Wondering what happened is of course absolutely okay, but a number of comments went slightly too far.

Jennifer has, by many accounts, had some difficulties in the past when it comes to convention appearances. She is, again by many accounts, very shy in public so her appearance in EMS surprised me and worried me somewhat, having seen her at other cons and being quite concerned for her. If, however, she feels up to this sort of show, I would hope that people would be understanding and I wish her well.

This is pretty much what I experienced myself. Jennifer seems very shy, and I imagine this may be the reason why she's not doing many shows as well.

She's painfully shy and we were very lucky to meet her at all. As I've said before, she didn't have to put herself through the stress of it, she could have said no, but she clearly made the effort for the Trek fans including myself, to be at this event and however she seemed, I'm glad I had the opportunity to meet her and grateful to her for coming all this way.

I was surprised about Jennifer because I saw her way, way back at a big Star Trek convention at the Royal Albert Hall. Must have been around 1994.

If I remember correctly she appeared at one of the side doors with a mic, as a surprise guest, and exchanged banter with Ethan Phillips who was on stage at the time, across the hall. She seemed fine to me, but I guess she was still making Voyager back then so maybe she was more confident. Plus my memory could be playing tricks.

Anyway I really hope she's okay cos she's lovely.

Edited by spymaster

Thinking back I can remember being at a big ST event at the Albert Hall, think it was a couple of years later than the one you mentioned (maybe 96/97). All the other guests spoke by themselves but if memory serves she went on stage with Robert Picardo and barely spoke throughout the whole thing. Does suggest she is not totally at ease in the public eye.

Evanna was soo nice, a pleasure to meet. You can see that she cares a lot

I thought that she was great in the photos, but she signed my auto exactly Like This and thought it was good enough to give back to me without thinking 'That looks naff, I should have signed across the dress' :D

I didn't want to cause a fuss and tell her it was the worst place an actor should sign , because when I got Daniel Cudmore's auto and his pen didn't work greatly it was more than a bit awkward when the guest assistant had already said 'yeah looks ok' to Daniel to then say to them it wasn't ;) That put me off complaining about these things.

my experience with Jennifer was weird, she just kept blankly staring at ppl without acknowledging them at all. at first I thought she was (cant say in case its deleted) (spaced out was another word that came to mind) then I thought perhaps majority jet-lagged, others have said she is very shy (which I can relate to) but then I come back to the weird blank staring looks she gave, something was wrong IMO, and everyone I spoke to in person felt the same. I hope she is ok and if something is wrong that she gets better, if nothing was wrong and it was just intense shyness (which I share) then she was a trooper in coming and well done to her.

What was Jen like in the trek talk? I didn't get there early enough to go to it.

She didn't do the talk in the end it was just Eddie, Armin and Kitty.

She made the sunday talk, which actually seemed to surprise everyone.

Eddie, Armin and Kitty were already on stage, when Jennifer walked down the middle up to the stage, and almost surprised, the guy with the Mic introduced her too.

Some parts of it she was ok, some she seemed a bit spaced out, and a couple of times I clocked her giving wierd looks to the other guests while they were talking, but dont know if it was shyness or not.

Probably a case of she wanted to give it a go if she missed the saturday one.

Some questions she seemed fine with, but my friend asked a question, and while she went on about something, she didnt seem to quite understand the question and Armin had to Jump in and rescue things.

Generally though, she seemed a LOT better and more confident on sunday to saturday, but still not 100%