Photoshoot pickup

MinkyKnights

Some VERY quick turnarounds, for which much thanks to all involved - especially the crew members tasked with ferrying back and forth from the photo labs! (Can't have been much fun in that heat). Very well done!
Unless there was a change after I spoke to her this morning, it was only one person - Michelle, who was cycling back and forth all weekend.

Strewth :D Hats off to Michelle!

Umm, no, that's not true. There are usually two people on photo courier each day. There certainly was on Saturday so I assume it was the same on Sunday since there were possibly more photos then.

(The reason I know this is that I was the other photoshoot runner on Saturday)

Aha, then you must be Eileen, (the lady with the cute Scottish accent). In which case I take my hat off to you. :D

Umm, no, that's not true. There are usually two people on photo courier each day. There certainly was on Saturday so I assume it was the same on Sunday since there were possibly more photos then.

(The reason I know this is that I was the other photoshoot runner on Saturday)

Aha, then you must be Eileen, (the lady with the cute Scottish accent). In which case I take my hat off to you. :D

Yep, tis me. Thank you! And yes, it was a tad hot. In Scotland it's a heatwave when it hits 18 degrees, so 29 degrees was insane. :S

I did appreciate the signs saying which guests they were, and they helped when you could see them, but sometimes when there were a lot of people and I couldn't. I guess it would be tricky to have them slightly raised, but it would be helpful.

I was surprised to see all the signs laying flat on Sunday. On Saturday, I saw them propped up at quite a high angle on the tables.

I don't know about area A, but over in B, we decided that the 2 stand-up signs we were given needed some friends, and therefore there were a few newborn signs on the table, created by myself and Kyle. Being newborns, they didn't have the ambulatory ability to stand up, and had to be left lying down until they matured.

I thought the photo collection ran very smoothly today (compared to LFCC). Some VERY quick turnarounds, for which much thanks to all involved - especially the crew members tasked with ferrying back and forth from the photo labs! (Can't have been much fun in that heat). Very well done!

Thank you!

It wasn't as much fun as it usually is (weather :-s). It was my 7th London show and I cycle the route to and from the developers. Yes there is an extra runner with me (tube) usually, but the majority of the Sunday was done by me. 41.6 miles covered over the course of the weekend - Roll on Olympia next year!!

Michelle the Psyclepath

• Showmasters Admin

We learn and we do better. That's one of the great things about SM and ME events. We NEVER sit back and say "well it works!". If it can be better we will make it better.

I think the improvements we made this time worked well and helped a lot. As always there are definitely some extra things we can do to make it better again. We'll be having a debrief soon for this event and we'll go over them then.

A couple of these that we'll defo be looking at are...

1: The people standing at the desks and not moving issue, we are aware of and will look at ways to help with this.

2: We needed some more small stand up signs and we'll make sure we have more for next time.

So look out for even more improvements at Bluewater :lol:

Firstly, congrats on better signage confirming what had come back and the use of gloves, but for the bigger guests the same problems seem still to be there.

My one suggestion would be to take the signage further and say list in a visible area, "David Tennat" photo shoots 1-50 available here. Then have a crew member moving anyone on or had number 450 for example, rather than people just hanging round who are unlikely to have had their photo returned yet who are blocking up the area. Also an improvement point for attendees as well, not to just stand around blocking an area as well.

So good to see improvements but still further needs to be done.

Firstly, congrats on better signage confirming what had come back and the use of gloves, but for the bigger guests the same problems seem still to be there.

My one suggestion would be to take the signage further and say list in a visible area, "David Tennat" photo shoots 1-50 available here. Then have a crew member moving anyone on or had number 450 for example, rather than people just hanging round who are unlikely to have had their photo returned yet who are blocking up the area. Also an improvement point for attendees as well, not to just stand around blocking an area as well.

So good to see improvements but still further needs to be done.

The only issue I can see with that is that not all photos are taken in order. I had ticket 22 and 23, had one taken in the first slot and one in the second, how would I know how many had their photo taken before me? I just see this taking longer as everybody would be asking what number they were.

I agree with davidbrookes.

The problem he mentioned could even be solved by handing out extra tickets with numbers. But unfortunately the pictures don't always come back in the same order they were taken. First photo taken could easily end up 137th picture on the stack coming back.

So the crew would still have to go and sort them. That takes extra time, more people will touch the photos and the chances for creases or scratches increases along the way.

In the end I sent someone else in to pick mine up for me! And they reported back a small child at the front was about to put his whole open hand on ours as they found our photos, after handprinting several others, and the parent did nothing about it.

So yeah, my only issue is with people only thinking of themselves.

I was the one who went in to that crowd for Crippsy_99 and can confirm this kid was indeed putting his whole open hand across the photos, I politely mentioned to the parent of the signage and first of all got the "so?? " attitude , but to be fair she did then leave the queue before any more damage was done.

I wholly support the gloves idea at the photo distribution section, and big pat on the back here.

1: The people standing at the desks and not moving issue, we are aware of and will look at ways to help with this.

I don't think this'll ever change? There'll always be ignorant people who'll just stand there waiting for there photo to magically appear..

I was really gutted we couldn't make this event and I'm really pleased to hear that the photoshoot returns have went well. This has really restored my faith in the whole process and we'll definitely start using them again when we are attending a one day event.

I'd suggested these changes after LFACC but I'm sure they'll have been on the cards long before then.

I don't think this'll ever change? There'll always be ignorant people who'll just stand there waiting for there photo to magically appear..

What about putting up a barrier around the desks and allowing people to walk within that barrier, but not stand gorming at the lack of their photo. If this was more like a conveyer then eveyone could pass by without having to try and peer over others. I was also thinking this could make it easier for the photo crew to play matching pairs as they may see the photo and pass it over, rather than looking out into a sea of faces jostling for attention.

The rule could then be that if you want to hang around waiting for the magic appearance, you have to do this behind the barrier, but you could do as many circuits as you wanted, so long as you keep freaking moving. Could that work??

What about putting up a barrier around the desks and allowing people to walk within that barrier, but not stand gorming at the lack of their photo. If this was more like a conveyer then eveyone could pass by without having to try and peer over others. I was also thinking this could make it easier for the photo crew to play matching pairs as they may see the photo and pass it over, rather than looking out into a sea of faces jostling for attention.

The rule could then be that if you want to hang around waiting for the magic appearance, you have to do this behind the barrier, but you could do as many circuits as you wanted, so long as you keep freaking moving. Could that work??

That is actually a decent idea but the fact is it shouldn't even need to warrant that. I mean the pictures are all categorized by which guest was in the shoot. All that needs to be done is someone Identify themselves which is should be the easiest task in the world and if the pictures not they're it's most likely not ready yet. I mean between 400+ pictures of one guest between a small table shared with other peoples shoots may take a little time.