Photoshoot pickup

MinkyKnights

The revamped photoshoot collection worked very well today. In a nutshell, there were...

- Signs on the wall in the centre of the area, with ticks by the shoots that had come back

- Standing signs on the desks, so the areas where the different shoots were laid out was much clearer

- Crew members wearing surgical gloves

- Signs on the tables telling people not to touch the photos, but to ask a crew member to give them their pictures

The real test will be with the big Tennant shoots tomorrow, but I was very impressed with today's efforts.

The revamped photoshoot collection worked very well today. In a nutshell, there were...

- Signs on the wall in the centre of the area, with ticks by the shoots that had come back

- Standing signs on the desks, so the areas where the different shoots were laid out was much clearer

- Crew members wearing surgical gloves

- Signs on the tables telling people not to touch the photos, but to ask a crew member to give them their pictures

The real test will be with the big Tennant shoots tomorrow, but I was very impressed with today's efforts.

DITTO! Thought it worked well. My only one very minor gripe is that it would be good to have both wall signs updated around the same time. I stood by 'B' waiting for a shoot that apparently hadn't returned, but when I got bored and wandered to 'A' it was there and had been for quite some time according to the crew member. But, as I said a very minor gripe, all in all it worked very well!

it was much better than the last few. but still one major gripe. thats the people just standing at the table waiting for there picture stopping anyone else getting theres. i was stood behind the crowd for five minutes trying to get to the table but couldn`t get passed the crowd. if you can`t see your picture move out the way so others can see if there are there. it`s not going to pop out of thin air right in front of you. but apart from that. bang up job done

It was much better, I have to pick up my John Hurt and Eve Myles pictures tomorrow though as had to leave before they were out today, does anyone know what time yesterdays leftovers will be put out?

Whenever I have collected mine early (after getting VT's first) the following day they have always been put out. If they are not there just ask.

Thanks after collecting my Tennant vq ticket I shall head over :)

It was much better, I have to pick up my John Hurt and Eve Myles pictures tomorrow though as had to leave before they were out today, does anyone know what time yesterdays leftovers will be put out?

Whenever I have collected mine early (after getting VT's first) the following day they have always been put out. If they are not there just ask.

I thought the photo collection ran very smoothly today (compared to LFCC). Some VERY quick turnarounds, for which much thanks to all involved - especially the crew members tasked with ferrying back and forth from the photo labs! (Can't have been much fun in that heat). Very well done!

I saw our photos, tried to get someones attention to let them know so they could give them to me but luckily my photos were on the table edge so I just picked them up myself. The three people on photos were all facing the other way and I don't have a big voice.;)

There was a big crowd round the table at times and some people do think if they stand there long enough that their shot will suddenly appear. Look and move people! I have not booked any photoshoots today.

Just a suggestion to add to the improvements for this con, but - when photos for a popular person come back and everyone's standing 5 deep, can you start everyone circling clockwise round the table? People at the front could only see a few feet of table and none of those photos in front of them would move because their owners were stuck behind them. Getting to the front (or out again!) was a nightmare. If you can't see yours in front of you, but the queue is rotating clockwise round the table, eventually all those at the front will find theirs, and the people behind them will get their chance. Much easier than people pushing forward only to have to back out, move a few feet down and then try to push forward again!

(on an admission note, I thought the "no touching" sign was relating to pointing at someone else's photo and getting your dabs on it :D . I admit to personally picking up both of my photos, but being into photography myself, I wouldn't dream of getting my fingers all over someone else's photo. I very carefully picked up a David Tennant photo for a girl behind me, as I recognised her costume in the photo and it saved her trying to push in).

• Moderators

It seemed to work a lot better this time, and I had no problems getting mine.

I did appreciate the signs saying which guests they were, and they helped when you could see them, but sometimes when there were a lot of people and I couldn't. I guess it would be tricky to have them slightly raised, but it would be helpful.

It did work better, but I didn't appreciate the Scottish woman on the David Tennant collection point shouting at me when I tried to ask her a question. Because she was shouting all the time people couldn't work out what she was saying. It would have been better if she had spoken at a normal volume.

Some VERY quick turnarounds, for which much thanks to all involved - especially the crew members tasked with ferrying back and forth from the photo labs! (Can't have been much fun in that heat). Very well done!
Unless there was a change after I spoke to her this morning, it was only one person - Michelle, who was cycling back and forth all weekend.

It did work better, but I didn't appreciate the Scottish woman on the David Tennant collection point shouting at me when I tried to ask her a question. Because she was shouting all the time people couldn't work out what she was saying. It would have been better if she had spoken at a normal volume.

I presume you were on of the people standing around the table and not moving? The system may work fine for smaller celebs but the sheer numbers of Tennant photos made the pickup a total shambles. The need for proper queuing systems all around the show was clear today, just a barrier for 1 crew member to usher people into wouldve stopped all the jam of gormless people blocking everyone off and stopping the queue from moving. At one point there mustve been 5 crew in that tiny space and not one thought about clearing the table completly of people and starting an orderly line. Shouting now and then to move anti clockwise will not help when 30 people are stopping the line from moving by standing infront of EMPTY TABLES!

/rant

Edited by jimdove

Some VERY quick turnarounds, for which much thanks to all involved - especially the crew members tasked with ferrying back and forth from the photo labs! (Can't have been much fun in that heat). Very well done!
Unless there was a change after I spoke to her this morning, it was only one person - Michelle, who was cycling back and forth all weekend.

Strewth :wub: Hats off to Michelle!

I presume you were on of the people standing around the table and not moving?

Wrong - I walked straight up to the table to ask which photos were ready and got shouted at for my trouble.

I thought photo pick up was great this time, after LFCC we gave constructive feedback and you listened and improved the process, so thank you very much.

Must say that the crew had obviously been briefed about photo handling, and the glove wearing was a great idea. Also crew passing the photos seemed to work well IMO.

I did appreciate the signs saying which guests they were, and they helped when you could see them, but sometimes when there were a lot of people and I couldn't. I guess it would be tricky to have them slightly raised, but it would be helpful.

I was surprised to see all the signs laying flat on Sunday. On Saturday, I saw them propped up at quite a high angle on the tables.

Sunday's collection was definitely a step down from Saturday, due mainly to people standing in front of the tables and not moving. 'No parking' signs for next time, perhaps? :D

Crowds aside, though, my thumbs remain aloft. I especially love the gloves and the 'no touching' thing. It took a lot of the stress out of finding my photos, removing the urgency to get them safely in hand before they became covered in other people's greasy fingerprints. And calm is really the key to this whole thing.

The photoshoot pickup was great this time around.

Personally I had no issues at all for my 11 photoshoots except for reasons that are not SM's Fault (the boots messup delaying the last few sets back, and the utter chaos of people refusing to move from the David tennant table!!).

I was stood near collection area A, but not in it, for a while sunday afternoon, and despite no further photos coming back to be put out, I saw the SAME people walking around and around the table over and over again, as if theirs would suddenly magically appear out of nowhere!?!

The couple of times I tried to get in to look for myself, I just could not break the 'inpenetrable wall' of people crowding around, and got pushed out of the way a couple of times for others desperate to get another look for their own.

In the end I sent someone else in to pick mine up for me! And they reported back a small child at the front was about to put his whole open hand on ours as they found our photos, after handprinting several others, and the parent did nothing about it.

So yeah, my only issue is with people only thinking of themselves.

Strewth :wub: Hats off to Michelle!

Umm, no, that's not true. There are usually two people on photo courier each day. There certainly was on Saturday so I assume it was the same on Sunday since there were possibly more photos then.

(The reason I know this is that I was the other photoshoot runner on Saturday)

Edited by Janeway72