Photo thread

• Replies 161
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great photos! Did the hall feature the yellow lights like we had in LFCC '11? I'm going there tomorrow and my camera works horribly under the yellow indoor lights! ;)

Edited by FKamal

Great photos! Did the hall feature the yellow lights like we had in LFCC '11? I'm going there tomorrow and my camera works horribly under the yellow indoor lights! :YAHOO:

No yellow lights in this venue, thankfully :)

@aluscwm - great photos there :)

EDIT: Must learn how to spell :)

Edited by Not_Pennys_Ship

YAY thanks for sharing... so gutted I couldn't make it down, love the pics so far. Can't wait to see more.

OT: Seen in the background of one of them Collectormania something Blue in Ma... so March or May2012 advertised... confused... but I am sure it will soon all be clarified here in a separate and relevant post lol.

Keep them pics coming ;)

Collectormania Bluewater Shopping Centre in Kent, March 10th-12th (if I remember correctly) 2012

Thank you Beechy, seen the other thread for it now, thank you for the info much appreciated :)

YAY more pics and soooo gutted I missed Evanna I really do hope she comes back to an event next year... preferably CM LOL and hope to Edward Furlong one day too he seems really lovely... great pics!

Just a very quick selection of 5 of mine from Saturday...not had time to edit or go through them all but these stood out. Sorry if they're a bit big.
No flash required then?

Great photos by the way.

Thanks. These are just straight raw to jpg conversions, no time for other tweaks. I didn't use flash (I'll always try not to) but had to set the ISO to 800 for the desk ones, even with an f1.8 lens and 1600 in the talk area which was quite dark and i used a much slower zoom lens for that.

I've got a lot of blurred ones with shutter speeds down as low as 1/10sec in some cases. So it's all about timing and choosing a moment when the person isn't moving much. But glad I got some good ones and will try a few other things tomorrow.

Thanks. These are just straight raw to jpg conversions, no time for other tweaks. I didn't use flash (I'll always try not to) but had to set the ISO to 800 for the desk ones, even with an f1.8 lens and 1600 in the talk area which was quite dark and i used a much slower zoom lens for that.
Hey thief, that's what I do! :blush:

Edit: And thanks. I may take the flash. Just in case.

Edited by 1of2

There seemed to be a lot of people using flash throught the talks. There was no accouncement at the start but I thought it was supposed to be flash for the first minute or so and then no flash.

There was certainly much more lighting at LFCC, even if it did give that horrible orange/yellow tint.

There seemed to be a lot of people using flash throught the talks. There was no accouncement at the start but I thought it was supposed to be flash for the first minute or so and then no flash.

There was certainly much more lighting at LFCC, even if it did give that horrible orange/yellow tint.

And a ridiculous amount of heat LOL I jest twas an amazing event met Arthur Darville what a nice chap. I was covering cash for Evanna Lynch met some interesting people :-D

Anyone get pics of Eve's talk, mine are not worth Toffee.

Missed it yesterday due to photoshoot clashes but hope to get to it today so will try and get something. Managed a few good ones from the talks I went to yesterday, posted earlier in this thread, despite the dim lighting.