Guest cancellation - ALEX KINGSTON

showmasters

this has literally ruined me now was one of my main meets :'(

me too :D

Who else have you booked for?

well seeing another 18 people but she was my favorite

Ah cool well I only booked for 4 and she was one of them :D so now I don't know what to do lol

Have you booked for David Tennant? (I'm guessing yes lol) :)

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah cool well I only booked for 4 and she was one of them :D so now I don't know what to do lol

lol same. I was actually looking forward to Alex more than David.

Ah me too! :)

Hopefully she'll be at something else soon and I'll be able to go!

Unfortunately we have just heard that Alex Kingston is no longer able to attend, due to a change in her work commitment.

We wish her the best of luck with her new project and look forward to working with her in the future.

Photo shoot tickets with Alex will be automatically refunded back to your credit card after the weekend, and you do not need to post your tickets back.

Hi, This is a shame as she was the reason I wanted to go and another of my photoshoots got cancelled, Im shocked you only found out today...

Will exchanges be available? As Im going to try and get a Paul Mcgann photo shoot for sunday (didnt know he was coming until yesterday as I didnt see him pinned hes my fave doctor)

Would that be possible? As I have already brought alot for this show and I know I will get refunded after the show but Im sure that wont be straight away as most people were told for Alex Winter refunds wont happen until after the show. So a long wait for money so exchange would make more sense...

Thanks for any help

Ah me too! :)

Hopefully she'll be at something else soon and I'll be able to go!

WELL OBVOIUSLY IM SEEING DAVID ID BE STUPID NOT TO :D

Edited by PoTtHeAdWhOvIaN

Will exchanges be available? As Im going to try and get a Paul Mcgann photo shoot for sunday (didnt know he was coming until yesterday as I didnt see him pinned hes my fave doctor)

Would that be possible? As I have already brought alot for this show and I know I will get refunded after the show but Im sure that wont be straight away as most people were told for Alex Winter refunds wont happen until after the show. So a long wait for money so exchange would make more sense...

Thanks for any help

Sorry, but exchanges aren't allowed.

Thanks for any help

Sorry, but exchanges aren't allowed.

As I have recieved a refund for a Alex Winter already will I get a refund at the show tomorrow small print on supplied when ticket recieved "A full refund will be offered for the photo ticket" there is no mention of time scale I would like to get a refund to put that money towards another ticket.

As I have recieved a refund for a Alex Winter already will I get a refund at the show tomorrow small print on supplied when ticket recieved "A full refund will be offered for the photo ticket" there is no mention of time scale I would like to get a refund to put that money towards another ticket.
That's very unlikely, as refunds are not normally processed at the show.

Plus Showmasters have already stated in the first post of this topic

Photo shoot tickets with Alex will be automatically refunded back to your credit card after the weekend, and you do not need to post your tickets back.

Any chance of late last minute guest replacement

I suppose it's not impossible, but it's hardly like SM have a cupboard full of spare guests at Showmasters Towers where they can just walk in and pull one off the shelf. (well, I assume they don't - it would be like some creepy horror movie if they did :D )

Realistically speaking how many people can you phone up on a Friday afternoon and get to come to London for a day or two over the weekend?

Any chance of late last minute guest replacement

I suppose it's not impossible, but it's hardly like SM have a cupboard full of spare guests at Showmasters Towers where they can just walk in and pull one off the shelf. (well, I assume they don't - it would be like some creepy horror movie if they did :D )

Realistically speaking how many people can you phone up on a Friday afternoon and get to come to London for a day or two over the weekend?

I suppose it would be diffitcult but on the bright side the event is going to be fantastic :D

You'd be surprised. It can be equally annoying to learn enroute someone has been added but the thing you'd pay a lot to get signed is safely at home as they were never announced.

Of course in the last week, that can give you time. I've met replacement guests that worked out far better for me than those they replaced. You get the odd sensation of thinking if they hadn't cancelled you'd never have met some great people!

who wants to tell orangepeel? i feel so sorry for him!

Orangepeel is a she :D

That dubious honour has fallen to me, I am talking to her now, she won't be attending the show due to the cancellation :D

edited it and apologised. alex though is an amazing guest, so i totally understand the disappointment.

I saw the showmasters message but they said the same thing about ALEX WINTER and said I would have to wait until after the show, however I explained to them as they

are operating a business and therefore bound by trading standard laws and trading standards state that a online refund should exceed no longer 14 days as I am aware some fans have had to.

Reason I asked was because I wanted a exchange and a refund according to a moderator stated they refund just as quickly as extracting the money hence at the show refunds.

You stated

"That's very unlikely, as refunds are not normally processed at the show."

so its not normal to get a refund but possible like my Alex Winter situation. If they have credit card facilities at the show to take money they can refund surely as they are a business.

The letter states "If for any reason we have to cancel the photo session due to guest cancellation a full refund will be offered" and states no time scale.

Basically I am a customer service manager therefore no a little abit about these things, and like I said they already refunded the same day I made my point already set the precedent therefore my refund should be just as quick. I also got quoted by a moderator

"Refunds go back just as quickly as money is taken as we have no intention of keeping your money". So that would be 48 hours or under.

Basically I've asked these questions for clarity so I know where I stand with your company.

I saw the showmasters message but they said the same thing about ALEX WINTER and said I would have to wait until after the show, however I explained to them as they

are operating a business and therefore bound by trading standard laws and trading standards state that a online refund should exceed no longer 14 days as I am aware some fans have had to.

Reason I asked was because I wanted a exchange and a refund according to a moderator stated they refund just as quickly as extracting the money hence at the show refunds.

You stated

so its not normal to get a refund but possible like my Alex Winter situation. If they have credit card facilities at the show to take money they can refund surely as they are a business.

The letter states "If for any reason we have to cancel the photo session due to guest cancellation a full refund will be offered" and states no time scale.

Basically I am a customer service manager therefore no a little abit about these things, and like I said they already refunded the same day I made my point already set the precedent therefore my refund should be just as quick. I also got quoted by a moderator

"Refunds go back just as quickly as money is taken as we have no intention of keeping your money". So that would be 48 hours or under.

Basically I've asked these questions for clarity so I know where I stand with your company.

I can't help you, but I know the payments are taken manually, so it's likely the refunds will have to be done manually, and the office is probably very busy, and will be until the event is over, so you may not get the money back until after the event. I know I had a guest cancel on the day at LFCC, and my money wasn't refunded until about a week after the event.

Anyway, very disappointed that she had to cancel! But at least it saves me a little bit of money! Can't wait to catch her next time :)

Edited by JennJenn

that's three times i've missed Alex now.

The first time i fell ill just before the con at Milton Keynes.

At LFCC i booked for Saturday, for Karen, and then Alex was announced and i had no more cash left for a return trip.

And now she was so within reach and yet the chance to meet her slipped through my fingers at the very last moment.

It seems i'm cursed, never to meet this wonderful lady. :D

Thanks for any help

Please ask at the organisers booth. Normally you'd have to buy new and a refund would be given for Alex, but maybe seeing the cancellation was so last minute exceptions can be made.

Was this an e-mail conversation? I don't see a statement like that on the forum, and if you e-mailed the main office again this won't be read until after they go back.

You stated

Your above quote is all that 1of2 said. He didn't mention any reason at all.

It is normal that refunds are done as soon as possible. But if a cancellation happens the day before the show the refunds will be done after the show. Most paperwork is at the show in case something needs to be crosschecked if an order has gone missing in the mail, so Hazel can't start the process at home yet.

Refunds can't be given at the show itself because the credit card machines are almost constantly in use. Check the lines at the sales table tomorrow morning and you will know what I am talking about. :angry:

The main reason that refunds are done are the amount of paperwork. Let's say 300 people booked for Alex. 100 want a straight refund, 100 want to switch for Paul McGann, 100 for the Ian McNiece shoot. For some reason Ian doesn't make it. Then 50 of those 100 want a refund, 25 rather want a photoshoot with Paul and 25 want a photoshoot with Georgia.

A refund process is simpler and less time consuming. As I have said above, maybe ask at the organisers booth if an exception can be made. The general rule is refunds and no exchanges.

Sorry, but who did tell you that? Have you been in e-mail contact with the office or with Hazel? I'm a little confused now because I have looked at your posts on this forum and have not seen any mod reply to you with a quote like that.

I'm sorry that the mods can't give you more detailed answers, but none of us is actually involved with the payment process. So if any questions about refunds come up we always ask attendees to e-mail info@collectormania.com. Hazel handles the payments and she is the one who can provide you with detailed information.