Cosplay

touchthesky

Digimon! You are aware the entire Digi-Grouo is going to hurt you down for a photo :P

Haha here's hoping :P no point in costuming if you don't get a little attention XD

I take it no naruto fan groups will be there?

(This is my first collectormania)

hey folks!!

QUICK QUESTION:) , is anyone entering the masquerade competition that they do on the saturday??? I signed up for it months ago but i havent heard any info about it! do you need to sign in when you arrive there or do you get anything that shows that your in the competition?? :) I heard you can have music play while u come on so im hoping to get the pirates of the carribean theme tune played!:) savvy!

there is usually a competition but depends on whether they can get someone to organize it. There hasn't been an official announcement either way

hey mate, on the main collectormania website they said they were taking submissions and when i emailed it a few months ago for the glasgow 25th one they emailed me back saying iv been entered so i think they might be doing just a masquerade instead of a competition :) you got your costume sorted?

there is usually a competition but depends on whether they can get someone to organize it. There hasn't been an official announcement either way

hey mate, on the main collectormania website they said they were taking submissions and when i emailed it a few months ago for the glasgow 25th one they emailed me back saying iv been entered so i think they might be doing just a masquerade instead of a competition :) you got your costume sorted?

I dont cosplay, i leave that to my daughter but she is working on her costumes, when shes not distracted with school holiday stuff

Hi Guys,

I'll be running the cosplay masquerade again this year.

I apologise for the delay in getting involved, there was some confusion as someone else was meant to be doing it in my place.

I'll be getting access to the email account before the evening is out, So expect a response within 24 hrs (unless there's 101 emails!)

Any questions, feel free to ask :)

Regards

Sue

ps: the email address for entries is showmasterscosplay@googlemail.com

Edited by Madmogsue

I hope to make it so individuals can come on with their choice of music. However, this may be limited depending on the number of sign ups and on the day people may not get to choose since it means we may have to find the music.

I was meant to be doing femshep this year but this full time working stuff is getting in the way and I doubt I'll manage it. I promise I'll have a good costume next year since I'm going to start working on it just now- http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u9/vonrachez/gladoscosplay.jpg *excitement*

Will probably be cosplaying Ema Skye one day at least

If you need any help with the organisation I don't mind lending a hand. :3

• 2 weeks later...

Hi all! Well, only a few days to go and muggins here forgot all about her cosplay plans didn't she? I really ought to be better at this by now. Luckily, I had two sort of in reserve, so it's either going to be a camper from Camp Half-Blood, or the Ninth Doctor.

Definitely I'd be up for it. It'd be cool to get a couple shots of the diverse cosplays that are gonna be there (I'll be my OC Jedi again, although it'll be a lot more finished than it was last year, I just gotta modify my lightsaber to make sound, but I won't have time before saturday v_v hah

• Like 2

Yeah i had seen you had said that previously, as a huge walking dead fan it would be a fun photo op. I will defo be a zombie, but i'm now going to be a generic make-up based one, kinda simular to a walker.

Keep a look out for me i'll be there on Saturday all day (some of Sunday too, but not in a costume).

Loads of folk i know are excited about going tomorow and looking forward to seeing guests and people in cosplays, myself included!

A good number of folk always turn up and it tends to get more busy after 11, plus you get shoppers who want to see whats going on pop in and out throughout the day.

• Like 1