Queries

RavenclawKing97

I have a couple more questions

1. If my friend has a alex kingston photo ticket can I walk through with her?

2. How many seats in talks?

3.Will the auction items be avaliabe for veiwing before hand?

4.Are there seats inside for people to sit down on?

5. Is there a Tea shop or whatvere?

6. Any example prices of props at previous auctions?

7. When you have a photo taken is there somewhere to put your day bag?

8. If I was from a fansite could I get a interview with a certain star?

9.Will the stars be walking round?

10. Who hosts the talks?

11. Can you ask for a hug in the talks?

12. What happens if you get a talk ticket but your friend is in the next row , can you swap?

THanks

1. Yes, but only to a certain point and make sure crew know you have no ticket.

2. Think there's something like 100.

3. Probably not, this isn't like Christies.

4. Yup, there is a bar/cafe area but it's always full so find a quiet corner and sit on the floor instead.

5. Yup, but think it's on the ground floor.

6. As it's a auction prices will vary wildly from con to con.

7. Someone takes your bag and coat as you queue to get into a shoot they will be the second to last people you see before the guest.

8. That's something you need to deal with with the actors agent like all interviewers.

9. Yes, they will need to walk around to get from green room to signing area, signing area to photoshoot and back (or to talk).

10. No.

11. Stuart.

12. Sit where your told unless it's a free for all I.e. Free talks have no seating arrangement.

I have a couple more questions

1. If my friend has a alex kingston photo ticket can I walk through with her?

2. How many seats in talks?

3.Will the auction items be avaliabe for veiwing before hand?

4.Are there seats inside for people to sit down on?

5. Is there a Tea shop or whatvere?

6. Any example prices of props at previous auctions?

7. When you have a photo taken is there somewhere to put your day bag?

8. If I was from a fansite could I get a interview with a certain star?

9.Will the stars be walking round?

10. Who hosts the talks?

11. Can you ask for a hug in the talks?

12. What happens if you get a talk ticket but your friend is in the next row , can you swap?

THanks

1. No sorry

2. It varies and at this point only SM could possibly give an estimate

3. Again maybe but only SM will know

4. There is a chill out zone going by the layout plan so you may be able to sit down there

5. There are usually a place to get drinks but places outside the venue are much cheaper

6. I don't know

7. Yep, staff will put it on a table to be collected after the shoot

8. Depends on the guest and if you have a press pass. Some guests will be very busy so may not have time.

9. Well... they have to have breaks but they usually won't just be waking around the venue on their own

10. The talks are Q&A. Usually some SM crew run around with a mic so the audience can ask Qs. (I hope they make a bit more effort this time though as the past few talks I've been to they really just ambled around as opposed to quickly handing the mic round so more people got to ask Qs).

11. How would you feel if you didn't get to ask a Q because everyone else asked for a hug. In a word, no.

12. If your friend doesn't mind probably. Only paid talks have numbered seating.

• Moderators

Pretty sure Stuart last said 400-600 for seats, but as this is a slightly different venue, I'm not completely sure of the final capacity.

All interviews should be run through Showmasters previous to the event, which would involve getting a press pass.

If a guest does walk around the venue it'll be for a few reasons:

1. They're on lunch and going somewhere.

2. They're travelling between a talk/signing/photo shoot.

3. They're having a quick look around the event.

I will very strongly suggest that they should not be bugged if they're around, and absolutely do not ask them for a photo and especially not an autograph. These are only to be obtained through the organised means.

And as has been mentioned, please be considerate in talks and don't just do something for you. Everyone's there because they want to hear whoever talk about things that are interesting to EVERYONE. You might be able to get a hug photo in the photo shoot, or one at the signing desk, but there's never any guarantee.

Hi

Can i ask something too as i havnt been to one of these events before.

1) Where do we head to once we get off the train at Earls Court?

2) How will we know which queue is the pre-paid early bird queue? We can't get there until 9.00am at the earliest & i'm thinkin theres gonna be 1000+ people in front of us!

3) Will we get a David Tennant Autograph if enter the venue before 10.00am?

4)Will it be clear where the Guest areas are so that we can head straight 2 DT area for a VT?

5) When/where can we get something for the guests 2 autograph?

6) Im worried about missing a photo shoot due 2 having a few photo's booked & clashes with queuing for autographs etc, are Autographs pretty much going on all day so we just make sure we get the photo's then move on 2 Autographs? Thanks

Hi

2) How will we know which queue is the pre-paid early bird queue? We can't get there until 9.00am at the earliest & i'm thinkin theres gonna be 1000+ people in front of us!

4)Will it be clear where the Guest areas are so that we can head straight 2 DT area for a VT?

6) Im worried about missing a photo shoot due 2 having a few photo's booked & clashes with queuing for autographs etc, are Autographs pretty much going on all day so we just make sure we get the photo's then move on 2 Autographs? Thanks

1. Warwick Road exit, then just cross the street and you are on the Earls Court premises. Then look for the building here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=71180 There's signs saying which way to follow, but it's really just straight down the major pathway.

2. There's a sign at the door and normally along the wall's too. If in doubt ask someone in the queue.

3. Sorry, my crystal ball is broken. :P There is really no way to tell. The show is staying open an hour longer to accomodate everyone and crew will try their best.

4. Please check here: http://showmastersonline.com/forums/index....showtopic=71242

5. Photos are provided at the table half way down the line respectively sometimes on the guest's table. (IT's either choice, not both.) If you don't see something you like plenty of dealers in the dealers room sell pictures.

6. Yes, autographs are going on all day. As long as you are in line before closing you can not miss your turn. If photoshoots are over they are over, so please get your photos done first in case you have clashes.

I know the price at auctions will vary alot but is there any point in me bringing let's say £50 for the auction? Or is that not enough to buy anything? I'm just wondering wether there's any point me going if everything goes for like £2000 whatever

Depends on what you're looking for, really. There have been autographs sold for around 5 pounds, but that really doesn't mean much if this is not from a former guest you like.

Erm, have people read the FAQ or have some common sense? Because some questions can be answered that way.

Hi

1. Look at a map - straight ahead and round a corner.

2. Ask someone

3. Depends on how many people are in the queue before you but probably

4. Yes, look at the layout, DT will be a 'Big guest'

5. Bring your own or buy something from a dealer or pick up a 8x10 provided by SM on the way to get a guests auto

6. Yes, get shoots, if you have clashes ask the SM crew

Hi

1. From Earl's Court station, exit through the Warwick Road exit and Earls Court 1 is directly opposite the station. You will need to walk around the building to reach the Brompton Entrance for the event.

2. The queues are normally marked. Alternatively just ask the people who already in the queue.

3. There is no guarantee but probably. It is really dependant on how many people are in the queue before before you arrive, and therefore get a lower VT number.

4. The general layout can be found here. DT has been confirmed as being in the 'Big Guest Signing Area'.

5. If you don't have anything then a selection of free 10"x8" images will be available for toy to pick one,when you purchase the autogrpah. Otherwise there will be numerous dealers at the event who will have items available to purchase.

6. Always prioritise photo shoot sessions over autographs. Once the photo session for a guest has finished then that is it. You can get autographs at anytime (after you VT has been called, where applicable) the guest is signing during the day.

Edit: 3 sets of answers :P

Edited by 1of2

Hi

Both queues are clearly labelled but do ask other people there. As for dt, you will get an auto but it does mean waiting all day. You can bring anything you own to be signed or there's the dealers for items and a table where you pay that has a few photos you can pick from.

Get vt's cos once your number is called you can go at any time and just concentrate on getting photos, I'd say tell crew you have a clash and they'll get you through as quickly as possible but go to the less popular one first.

Auction at the hub, we didn't see before hand what was being auctioned. At lfcc there was a food area, I did say this might be down stairs as top gear had somewhere to eat upstairs as well. As for interviews I would presume that agent/management must be asked too otherwise they could say no at the con to it.

Oh and I thought you could queue with mates till there number was called or they got into the zigzag bit did that a few times.

As for DT i would have thought like Karen he could be done by the end of the day and open queue, it really is a case of get there very early.

Yeah I was typing at the same time cos when I looked only the post about whether £50 was enough was the last post.

Edited by owl post 1992

Auction at the hub, we didn't see before hand what was being auctioned. At lfcc there was a food area, I did say this might be down stairs as top gear had somewhere to eat upstairs as well. As for interviews I would presume that agent/management must be asked too otherwise they could say no at the con to it.

Oh and I thought you could queue with mates till there number was called or they got into the zigzag bit did that a few times.

As for DT i would have thought like Karen he could be done by the end of the day and open queue, it really is a case of get there very early.

Yeah I was typing at the same time cos when I looked only the post about whether £50 was enough was the last post.

Auction items are sometimes put on display - Chevron, Hallowhedon, BTL, etc.

It is the repsonsibility of SM, and nobody else, to speak to the guest and their agent/manager with regards to organising potential interviews.

No autograph can be guaranteed. Yes, David may have an open queue by the end of the day but equally he may not. Nobody will know that until it actually happens (or not).

The photo shoot area needs to be kept as clear as possible. Even if there are only 100 people waiting around for their group to be called, if they all have one person waiting with them then the amount of people in the area has just doubled by a substantial amount, and the available space decreased by half.