Leslie Schofield

jedicouncil

Does anyone know what Day(s) Leslie is going to be there yet? It still says TBC on the guest days thread.

I have a photo I really want to add him on but I'm only there on the Sunday so if he is going to be a Saturday only guest I need a few days notice to get my photo to a friend who attending on Saturday

Any help would be appreciated

still no word?

why do I get a nasty feeling he may be a no show

You were right. I asked at the info desk 1st thing and was told they were expecting him to attend on sat, but they hadn't been able to reach him for the past few days so were expecting him not to show up, but if he did they had a space for him.

Makes me wonder I'd he was indeed actually booked in the first place - I mean the TBC suggested uncertainty of the announcement from the off! I don't think it's right to make a guest announcement when there is definite uncertainty of this nature.

Very disappointed with this whole affair.

still no word?

You were right. I asked at the info desk 1st thing and was told they were expecting him to attend on sat, but they hadn't been able to reach him for the past few days so were expecting him not to show up, but if he did they had a space for him.

Makes me wonder I'd he was indeed actually booked in the first place - I mean the TBC suggested uncertainty of the announcement from the off! I don't think it's right to make a guest announcement when there is definite uncertainty of this nature.

YEah. Was nice of showmasters to let us know (sarcastic pause) I travelled 3 hours to go and meet Leslie yesterday and had to juggle around extremely serious medication intravenous so I could go. . Not happy one bit. Only went on the vibrato that people keep saying "can we quit all the talk of ....not turning up . They are confirmed until showmasters say otherwise

still no word?

YEah. Was nice of showmasters to let us know (sarcastic pause) I travelled 3 hours to go and meet Leslie yesterday and had to juggle around extremely serious medication intravenous so I could go. . Not happy one bit. Only went on the vibrato that people keep saying "can we quit all the talk of ....not turning up . They are confirmed until showmasters say otherwise

This gets me as well - when people ask for days when not confirmed you are met with responses like "showmasters will update when they know". My concerns here are that SM say thy guests are

Only announce when contracts are signed, yet surely if Leslie had signed a contract he would have at least been able to confirm ONE day at time of signing?! I don't believe anyone would sign a contract to attend an event without knowing which day(s) they can attend.

Do SM think the majority of their paying customers are thick or something?!

My concerns here are that SM say thy guests are Only announce when contracts are signed, yet surely if Leslie had signed a contract he would have at least been able to confirm ONE day at time of signing?! I don't believe anyone would sign a contract to attend an event without knowing which day(s) they can attend.

I have seen contracts for several different but not entirely dissimilar types of event (nothing to do with SM/ME, before people ask) whereby the artist undertakes to make an appearance at the event on a day and time to be susbequently agreed.

Such a contract allows you to sign the artist/guest up (hopefully preventing rival shows from signing them) and deal with the actual details later.

Doesn't mean that's how SM operate, but certainly the situation that has arisen is not inconceivable.

I think this guest is just one of the serial non-attenders that are announced for various events but rarely or never actually show. I can think of a couple of others in the same catergory.

Whether a guest has signed a contract to attend or not if actually fairly immaterial. The legal basis for these types of contracts tend to be 'shakey' at best and there are always get-out clauses anyway.

To be honest I was reading the date TBC (and to some extent the silence when people on this thread kept asking without an answer) as a probable no show, but bring your stuff anyway, so I treated the likelyhood as such. Would be nice but more surprised as a will show up, than surprised at cancellation.

It does create a sort of cry wolf situation though. Colin Skeaping is the same. He's TBA for Autographica, and in fact the only guest listed of interest to me, but I couldn't spend the travel costs on going on the off chance. So as I say its a cry wolf. cancelled 2 so if he does do the 3rd (I'm not saying he won't) it won't be of any advantage to me.

I understand the "serial non-attenders", but when we know this is the case with some of the guests, perhaps SM shouldn't announce until it's set in stone that the actor will be attending. After all, to some people, it's not just the "big" guests that get us coughing up our cash in advance and supporting these events.

I appreciate how last minute cancellations do happen, but the fact this was "TBC" from the off, suggests that there was cause for concern over the level of commitment from the off - and I just don't know why they bother announcing until there's more certainty around the attendance of the guest.