Autograph photos

hellooverthere

Hello,

Did see a post like this a while ago but can't seem to find it so not sure of the case, but when you get an autograph, is there a chance to take a photo with the star with your own camera?

Will not be able to afford photo shoots with more than one so this would be the only way D:

Any comments appreciated and thanked for xx

It depends on the guest and how busy they are.

If there are no photos allowed, there should be signs up at the signing area. Some may say no posed photos in which case you can get a photo while they are signing, others may say no photos in which case you can't get one at all. If there's no sign up, you should be OK to get one.

Which particular guests are you interested in?

It depends on the guest and how busy they are.

If there are no photos allowed, there should be signs up at the signing area. Some may say no posed photos in which case you can get a photo while they are signing, others may say no photos in which case you can't get one at all. If there's no sign up, you should be OK to get one.

Which particular guests are you interested in?

Ah okay, i'll remember that thank you!

Preferably Arthur Darvill, Eve Myles and Evanna Lynch, and possibly Alex Kingston but she would be the one i'd purchase a photo shoot for.

Evanna you should be fine taking a photo of her signing...with posed pics it will depend how busy she is. With Natalia Tena last time she did posed photos for first few hours but was that busy she had to stop them mid day and advise people to come back at the end if she was quiet...reckon Evanna will be the same.

Arthur and Alex I reckon will be No Photos at all because they are big guests who will be busy and have shoots. Eve im not sure about, she may be like Evanna or may just be No posed photos

Evanna you should be fine taking a photo of her signing...with posed pics it will depend how busy she is. With Natalia Tena last time she did posed photos for first few hours but was that busy she had to stop them mid day and advise people to come back at the end if she was quiet...reckon Evanna will be the same.

Arthur and Alex I reckon will be No Photos at all because they are big guests who will be busy and have shoots. Eve im not sure about, she may be like Evanna or may just be No posed photos

I get you, that was very helpful to be honest, thank you :D

• Moderators

Definitely worth having a look for all those guests when you're there. None of the photo shoots have sold out, so you can always get them if you want.

Photos at the desk can change during the day depending on how busy they are etc.

Any chance of just quick photos of John Hurt while he's signing? I wouldnt expect posed photos as id expect him to be very busy

I managed to do so back in 2008, so I wouldn't rule out the possibility.

Just bear in mind that if it says 'No Photos' - that's what it means. Please don't try and take a sneaky photo of the guest whilst they are signing other people's autos - I'm not saying that is what you would do, but people have tried it in the past and it only harms the chances of getting these guests back in the future.

At the end of Alex's MK signing, her debut on the circuit. Ity had, and the entrance to her 'cave', a big 'NO PHOTOS OR VIDEO' sign. Some Illiterate cretin was standing underneath with a compact camera.. taking a photo..

As folks say, big guests.. I very much doubt they'll be doing photos. DEFINITELY no posed pics. Maybe allow shots in the queue, but no 'Me with XXXXX' shots..

Said cretin could have been photographing Peter davidson who was allowing posed photos. P.s Alex was allowing photos at the table (not posed ones) in the very first session of the day.

A bit off topic but I never got why some people don't want their photo to be taken. They've got nothing to do and it makes their fans happy. An autograph is quite expensive and if you can't have a pic of the guest signing it, it's just a piece of paper that could have been signed by anyone.

Dunno, I guess I don't like divas..

A bit off topic but I never got why some people don't want their photo to be taken. They've got nothing to do and it makes their fans happy. An autograph is quite expensive and if you can't have a pic of the guest signing it, it's just a piece of paper that could have been signed by anyone.

Sometimes it's illness that we don't know about. The flashes from all of them could make a headache or something that they have worse, which means that they would have to go home early and people would miss out, so a few less photos could effectively make a lot more hans happy that at least they've met them. There are other reasons also as to why a guest doesn't allow them...

Now, you're making a quick assumption. Some might be very tired after a long flight, jet lag, having a bad night's sleep or even hung-over. Some might just not like it. We're all different. Actors are people after all.

Plus a lot of crappy papers and mags give a lot of money to people if they have an un-flattering pictures of a star.

Taking random un-posed photos at an event is a sure-fire way to accidentally get a picture of them that those mags might want.

This sort of rule cuts down on that.

If anyone's worried that others will think your autographed photo of [insert celebrity name here] is fake just keep your entry ticket to the event, and maybe get another VQ ticket to prove you were there when they were there. That's what I do, and let's no forget, you can aways call up an autograph expert who'll verify authenticity. Might be nice to get a candid shot of Alex Kingston with my River Song diary though; that would be awesome.

It'll never be a piece of paper signed by anyone to me. I was there, I saw it, and that's all that matters to me. Never felt the need to "prove" anything to anyone.

Its nothin t do with `proving` i had the autograph as such, its just nice to have a photographic memory of the star signing too. The posed photos which you can buy tickets for are all well and good but they are over within a split second and your told to move on. At least with an autograph you get a little bit more time.

Also can make it slower getting through everyone so some people may miss out meeting the guest all together

To be honest, ive seen other people take their time with guests and give a care in the world to others waiting in the queue so im just going to do the same. I learnt the hard way at the Londo Con. I missed out on the 1 autograph i travelled over 200 miles to get...i should have gotton there earlier.

If anyone's worried that others will think your autographed photo of [insert celebrity name here] is fake just keep your entry ticket to the event, and maybe get another VQ ticket to prove you were there when they were there. That's what I do, and let's no forget, you can aways call up an autograph expert who'll verify authenticity. Might be nice to get a candid shot of Alex Kingston with my River Song diary though; that would be awesome.

I had my River Song diary signed by Alex at the last London Con. To me its very special and if any wishes to say its not a real autograph then thats their business not mine:). I know its genuijne and thats all that matters to me :)

Completely agree. Meeting Alex Kingston at the LFCC happened, as did our ~60 second conversation about Grange Hill, ER, Dr Who, and Luise Miller. I don't need anyone to tell me it did or did not happen, but at the same time I like to keep mementos of good times in general (like: tickets, play-bills, bottle caps, letters from friends, etc.). Call me sentimental, but that's just how I roll ;)

It'll never be a piece of paper signed by anyone to me. I was there, I saw it, and that's all that matters to me. Never felt the need to "prove" anything to anyone.

I agree with DavidB, but at the same time I understand what you mean, because once I heard an 'unnamed' actress saying that she didn't want photos taken because you never know where they end up... ;) I mean, all it shows is that they attended a convention, which isn't exactly a bad thing for their career? However she did seem very 'Diva-ey'....

The bit I have never understood is when people take pictures of the celebrities from a distance when they are signing other peoples stuff and then just walk on??? Not even getting said persons autograph? At MK earlier this year me and a friend were getting multiple items signed by Kenny Baker and someone was standing at the wall across from him taking multiple pictures - I ended up moving directly in front to block their view - I mean come on, it was Kenny Baker - he's a lovely man and he won't be busy all day so at least have some interaction with him?

I only ever get 2 types of photo either me with the celeb at their desk or the celeb with my item they are signing (I never do photoshoots as I believe the introduction of these is slowly stopping the over the desk shots). If I ever meet a guest with a no photos sign I will respect that 100%

Its nothin t do with `proving` i had the autograph as such, its just nice to have a photographic memory of the star signing too. The posed photos which you can buy tickets for are all well and good but they are over within a split second and your told to move on. At least with an autograph you get a little bit more time.

Nice to see people are getting my point. It's not about the proof or anything, it's more like capturing the instant where the guest is signing the photo (or whatever) you will keep forever. In the end you'll have your autograph and a solid memory of the precise time of the guest signing it.

And about slowing the queue, I get why there could be a "no posed photo" sign, it's the "no photo" sign that I don't get. It's not slowing the queue to take a guest from a distance signing autos. And I can't see any value to these photos for tabloids or anything (but this might be cause I'm french, there are no such things as nasty brits tabloids here because of our laws on personal image)...

However I do understand the problem of headaches, as I don't stand light myself when I have one, and I didn't think of it when I posted. But you still can take a photo with no flash on (I think there must be enough light in the venue to do so).

It's just frustrating not to get as much memories as you could when you meet someone you'll probably never see again.

And to be honest, I don't think actors (or singers or anyone famous for that matter) are normal people, they've chosen a career where their image is public. They're successful partly because of their fanbase, I think it's not much accepting to have their photo taken if it can please fans, especially since it's no effort from them and that no harm is done. (yeah ranting about previous experiences sorry)

And about slowing the queue, I get why there could be a "no posed photo" sign, it's the "no photo" sign that I don't get. It's not slowing the queue to take a guest from a distance signing autos. And I can't see any value to these photos for tabloids or anything (but this might be cause I'm french, there are no such things as nasty brits tabloids here because of our laws on personal image)...

However I do understand the problem of headaches, as I don't stand light myself when I have one, and I didn't think of it when I posted. But you still can take a photo with no flash on (I think there must be enough light in the venue to do so).

It does slow the queue down quite a bit, it has been tested. TooTall did post the figures somewhere, maybe I can find the post again.

Also you're going by everyone being nice and playing by the rules. Unfortunately that is not what happens.

There will always be the sneaky person who will still ask for a posed photo if it's "no posed photos".

An even more regular case are camera malfunctions, you have to retry.

Same thing for "no flash" - there's always the person who "forgets" to turn it off. Some do really forget, others just don't care because they want their picture to turn out nice. The LFACC Earls Court venue is quite famous for a yellow tint on most pictures and some try to avoid this at all costs.