Apollo / Cosmonauts

Donkey

I seem to recall that we had an 'official' discussion about the shuttle guys, and with the execption of a few, the general consensus seemed to be basically its alright, but as they're getting older prioritize the bookings of moonwalkers or cosmonauts.

These shuttle guys are clearly going to cost some big money to bring over. You've told us time and time again that transporting space guests isn't cheap.

So is there any more chance that we have anymore Apollo / cosmonauts guests coming, or is this simply now a hope to far?.

Is there anyway of resurrecting the Duke deal that seemingly fell apart early doors?.

It's just that with one show a year the importance increses.

I think age is more of an issue then the cost of bringing them over although im not saying for one moment its cheap, but to be fair the astronauts from the M-G-A era are not spring chickens anymore and when you look at the amount of public engagements they still attend in the US alone it must be hard going.

And to be fair as well in respect to the last ten years the amount of Apollo astronauts has been tremendous, thanks to Showmasters I have met six of the twelve Moonwalkers as well as Command module pilots plus Skylab and ASTP astronauts. But with the end of the Shuttle program I think it is exciting to see them at Autographica and there is a far deeper pool of Shuttle astronauts then their is Apollo, dont forget Bruce McCandless was himself chosen in 1966 as part of the Astronaut office but never flew till 1984 thanks to the Shuttle program.

I know its a balance, and it must be hard keeping everybody happy.

But in a short space of time, there will be no chance of having any Apollo guests. At this point it would be best to bring in big line-ups of shuttle stars.

With the new format of one show a year, conservatively maybe we've got 5 more chances to meet them?.

If you look at it that way, those who are less fortunate as yourself who haven't been here since the beginning become far more desperate.

Edited by Donkey