Will you guys ever get Neil Armstrong?

A.prime

Seeing as he hasn't done a signing since 1994, as he has a severe dislike to folks making money from his signature (even his hair trimmings), I doubt even Dave could pull THAT rabbit out of the hat..

so you would encourage me to get Buzz Aldrins that when he comes up then ?

The reason I don't collect astronaut autographs is that Neil doesn't do events. There's no point to me starting a collection when I have no chance of meeting the man who started it all.

Neil was the first to walk on the moon but I don't think its fair to say he's "the man who started it all". The first man in space was Yuri Gagarin, first American Alan Shepard... first American to orbit was John Glenn.... There were 13 American's in space before Armstrong (not including X-15 pilots flying above 50 miles altitude).

The reason I don't collect astronaut autographs is that Neil doesn't do events. There's no point to me starting a collection when I have no chance of meeting the man who started it all.

Neil was the first to walk on the moon but I don't think its fair to say he's "the man who started it all". The first man in space was Yuri Gagarin, first American Alan Shepard... first American to orbit was John Glenn.... There were 13 American's in space before Armstrong (not including X-15 pilots flying above 50 miles altitude).

I knew some clever clogs would write something along those lines. You know what I meant. (For the sake of clarity, when I put 'it' I meant walking on the moon)

Edit: I've just done a quick check, and of the people you named specifically two have passed away, and one is of such advanced years that it seems unlikely that he would be able to attend an event.

Edited by nosfer2

So which autographs DO you collect? Lumiere Brothers? Chaplin? Fritz Lang? Ansell Adams? Edison? Adam? (or is Adam too far into the process to count..?)

I'm not sure who the question is addressed to, but if you are asking me I have met Patrick Moore, Joan Collins, Joanna Lumley, and other guests from James Bond, The Avengers, Star Trek and I, Claudius at Autographica.