London Underground Closures

C.Parkers-Girl

Circle Line

Closed all weekend

District Line

no service between Edgware Road and High Street Kensington and no service between Putney Bridge and Wimbledon. Replacement buses operate

Hammersmith & City Line

no service between Royal Oak and Baker Street.

Jubilee Line

West Hampstead and Stanmore. Replacement buses operate

Metropolitan Line

Saturday 1 October, no service between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Aldgate. Replacement buses operate. Chiltern Railways operate additional trains between Harrow-on-the-Hill and Marylebone

Sunday 2 October, no service between Aldgate and Uxbridge. Replacement bus services operate. Chiltern Railways will operate additional trains between Marylebone and Harrow-on-the-Hill

Northern Line

no service between Camden Town and Kennington via Bank.

Piccadilly Line

Sunday 2 October, no service between South Harrow and Uxbridge.

Waterloo and City Line

Closed

STATION CLOSURES

Blackfriars is closed until mid-December 2011

Cannon Street is closed every weekend until mid 2012

Northern line not stopping at Tottenham Court Road from 3 April until 26 November 2011

Edited by C.Parkers-Girl

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ah see I cant drive.

But as Marylebone is my route in and out of London and the Bakerloo is hardly ever down (especially around there) I'm always alright.

Friday night: Marylebone to Paddington, Paddignton to West Brompton (easy)

Sunday after-con: Earls Court to Kings Cross (say goodbye to the lady-friend), Kings Cross to Baker Street, Baker Street to Marylebone (its one stop but I'll have too many bags and cases to carry to walk it)

And home :)

Could anyone please help me with figuring out if this will have any effect on my travel. I'm not very well versed in the underground system of London :YAHOO:

But I'm going from Grange Hill to Earls Court (obviously :thumbup: ), and back again, switching in Mile End from the District Line to the Central (If memory serves me well, else, it would be the other way around :dance: )

Basically its pretty simple for you despite closures.

Grange Hill to Holburn (central line, but its a logn way so you may need to change at some point, but stay with the red lol)

Then Holburn change onto the Piccadilly Line and take it all the way to Earls Court.

Simples :thumbup:

Thanks for this - am truly screwed Sunday night getting home!!

Stupid bloody system :thumbup:

Michelle

:thumbup: Least you know in advance instead of finding out Sunday night!

Don't get me wrong - very grateful to you for putting this up - just will have been cycling all weekend for the show.

I have now got a route home without having to resort to getting back on the bike with a suitcase on my back.

Scratch that - have realised that yes i am still screwed....

Do i now risk being told off for using the Picadilly line???

*EDIT* Huzzah - found a route back - having serious frustrations at the moment which had blinded me...

Roll on the weekend!!

M

Edited by re4per

I am totally clueless as to what all of this means, can anyone help me? All I know is that I'm going from London Euston to London Victoria and then getting a taxi to Earls Court and the reverse when coming back, will I be affected? :D

If you go to the link in my earlier post you can put your start and end points, the date and time in and it will tell you and offer alternative routes if you are affected

I am totally clueless as to what all of this means, can anyone help me? All I know is that I'm going from London Euston to London Victoria and then getting a taxi to Earls Court and the reverse when coming back, will I be affected? :D

No you arnt. Euston to Victoria is a straight line down on the Victoria line (light blue) and is not effected.