Photos being sent to you

Orangepeel

So Alex's photo shoot is at 2pm, I have to get a train at 4.30pm.

I remember from LFCC that they said it could take up to two hours to get the photos back.

So if I have to leave can I have it sent to me?

Do I need to pay for that?

Has anyone ever done this?

What was your experience? how long does it take to get them etc?

Thank you

There were no finger marks on any of mine that I got back through the post from LFCC, yes it was chaotic at the collection table but just make sure to sharpen your elbows before you wade in, that's what I did and all mine either that I collected or had posted came out unscathed!!!!!

The fingerprint issue has been looked into and new methods will be tried at photo distribution :)

Yay! ;)

And if you can collect your photo on the day, are they put in something, such as a cardboard (if you can't see what I mean, I'm talking about the thing they put photos on when you buy a photo from the London Dungeon or Tussaud's or the London Eye) or anything else?

If they are given to us freely I'd better take something while preparing my luggage now! ^^

The fingerprint issue has been looked into and new methods will be tried at photo distribution :)

Yay! ;)

And if you can collect your photo on the day, are they put in something, such as a cardboard (if you can't see what I mean, I'm talking about the thing they put photos on when you buy a photo from the London Dungeon or Tussaud's or the London Eye) or anything else?

If they are given to us freely I'd better take something while preparing my luggage now! ^^

They are given to you freely, I believe there are stalls that sell the plastic frames for £1 that is the correct size, but worth taking something to protect it yourself.

Thanks to both Davids ;)

I'm off to convert the size of the photos from inches to cm to know what to bring!

Get something in A4, 21x30cm, Emily. The photos aren't that big, but it will be the size that's easiest to find something in

I think these are the boxes they're talking about:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Snopake-Safecase-D...712&sr=1-17

If you can't find one of them or forget to find a dealer, an A4 punched pocket will do fine:

http://www.phillipsdirect.co.uk/images/pppa4wt_l.gif

The photo collection at the London Con was a cmplete farce from start to finish. The staff were excellent.....up to a point. The very second photos hit the table there was a rush of people and once they got to the front of the crowd and to the front of the table they wouldnt move. Perhaps it would have been better if members of staff told the public that if your photo is not there then move from the table and come back later. There was a group of us who stood down one end of the table politely waiting for our photos...and we were told to move!!! i was fuming lol.

Also the finger marks are a problem, one of my photos were completely covered in them.

The photo collection at the London Con was a cmplete farce from start to finish. The staff were excellent.....up to a point. The very second photos hit the table there was a rush of people and once they got to the front of the crowd and to the front of the table they wouldnt move. Perhaps it would have been better if members of staff told the public that if your photo is not there then move from the table and come back later. There was a group of us who stood down one end of the table politely waiting for our photos...and we were told to move!!! i was fuming lol.

Also the finger marks are a problem, one of my photos were completely covered in them.

To be fair where I was the staff did tell people to move, they didn't listen. But I can understand people want their photos. They ran out of space and I think people were getting annoyed with was understandable really. Some staff just made you feel a little like low life or something, like you had no real worth etc.

Just a quick point, If you have a photoshoot late in the day, and you think it may have to be posted to you, wear something distinctive for the shoot, so when you fill the form in, instead of "two eyes, a nose and mouth" you can say "wearing big red nose" (or whatever is your preference), which makes it easier to identify in the office.

Just a quick point, If you have a photoshoot late in the day, and you think it may have to be posted to you, wear something distinctive for the shoot, so when you fill the form in, instead of "two eyes, a nose and mouth" you can say "wearing big red nose" (or whatever is your preference), which makes it easier to identify in the office.

That is an excellent suggestion, and I strongly urge you to do that!

Also, please please please don't put things like:

"Too tall knows me" (He doesn't sort through the photos!),

"I'm wearing a doctor who shirt" (You and about 100 others - more description is needed!),

"I have black shoes with red laces" (whilst useful, your shoes are NOT going to be in the picture. Aim to describe the top half of yourself!!)

Following LFCC, we had almost 1000 photos to match to slips of paper. It was a monumental task, but those people wearing easily identified outfits were far more likely to get their photos returned quickly and without mishaps (i.e. there was at least one person that got sent a photo of someone else, which was our mistake, but we don't like making them!)

Is there a facility to attach a picture of yourself to the form? If so, surely it would make sense for anyone who thinks that they may have to leave before the photos are back to print some small ones off and for the desk to have a stapler.

Just a suggestion :WINCE:

Is there a facility to attach a picture of yourself to the form? If so, surely it would make sense for anyone who thinks that they may have to leave before the photos are back to print some small ones off and for the desk to have a stapler.

Just a suggestion :thumbup:

A couple of gentlemen did this at LFCC and it was a great idea/help to us that were sorting through the photos. They didn't use staples though, as a stapler was unavailable at the photo collection point.

If you can't find one of them or forget to find a dealer, an A4 punched pocket will do fine:

http://www.phillipsdirect.co.uk/images/pppa4wt_l.gif

Ahhh I thought of bring one of these! It'll protect the photo from fingerprints and I'll put it in something more rigid not to fold the photo in my handbag!

Thanks for your enlightenment!

Just a suggestion :P

Just in case, bringing staplers & a pic of myself.... ya never know :lol:

Thanks for the infos :jason: