A bit too close to LFCC ?

Goodie586

I really love attending Showmasters events.

I enjoy London and Milton Keynes as i like 80s movie stars etc... however i do have to travel down from Scotland which i am always willing to do, due in no small part to the great guests you guys have.

But Milton Keynes is only a month before London...ouch....

Now i know most of the attendees may come from London and the surrounding area but this really is too close...

After the EMS there is no main shows until Milton Keynes....why can it not be in March or April to allow us to attend and spend more.

I would imagine even alot of London attendees will struggle to find the funds.

I am sure Showmasters have a good reason for this date, be it planning, venue etc but i just wanted to raise the concern that for me atleast its too close to LFCC to make it viable to attend :) I will have to hold off on booking to see which show will have guests more to my taste rather than going to both which i wish i could.

Take care

Craig

Edited by Goodie586

I'm going to guess it's to do with the availability of the venue, I don't know anything about football so I don't know when the season ends, but if the football stadium is in use for the football season then obviously they can't hold the event there and with the shopping centre no longer available, there aren't any other options.

As a fairly newbie to these things, last year seemed quite good within the times from CM to LFCC, this time it does seem very close (although really it always is I guess!). we have to make the decision CM or LFCC, we can't do both!!!.

And now the Return to Middle Earth con has been rescheduled right in the middle of CM and LFCC!!

Time to do the Lottery!

Surely the bank holiday weekend, is the weekend before?
No, it is the bank holiday weekend.

Edit: Just dug out the info. There is a special bank holiday in 2012 to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. The May bank holiday has been moved to Monday 4th June, and an extra Diamond Jubilee bank holiday will be on Tuesday 5th June.

Edited by 1of2

Surely the bank holiday weekend, is the weekend before?
No, it is the bank holiday weekend.

Edit: Just dug out the info. There is a special bank holiday in 2012 to celebrate the Queen’s Diamond Jubilee. The May bank holiday has been moved to Monday 4th June, and an extra Diamond Jubilee bank holiday will be on Tuesday 5th June.

Thanks, I didn't know that! So...Jason... how about a 5 day event? :P

• 2 months later...

We were just talking about this yesturday. That now there's no Collectormania Olympia in March, there's basically a 6 month gap between shows. With EMS in October, we now don't have anything until May/June.

It's just having the huge gap from Nov - May/June, but I'm sure there's little that can be done, otherwise it would be.

We were just talking about this yesturday. That now there's no Collectormania Olympia in March, there's basically a 6 month gap between shows. With EMS in October, we now don't have anything until May/June.

It's just having the huge gap from Nov - May/June, but I'm sure there's little that can be done, otherwise it would be.

There's Bluewater planned for March.