A question for people who like to do standard entry.

Kuato_Lives

Do you go to get autographs? And do you go to meet the guest who tend to be busy? If so can you remember the number range of the VT's you usually get?

If you can remember specific past guests and the VT numbers you got for them upon standard entry that would be great.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

I would imagine there are way to many variables to use the information to Gage anything, if indeed that is what you are trying to do.

Factors would include

Popularity of the Guest.

The Speed the Guest Signs.

How many Photo Shoots the Guest has.

If the Guest has a Talk.

The last event I did One guest signed 1000+ and got through all the VT's and went open que and IIRC another did 400 or 500

Edited by scifisteve

Thanks for the input but I'm not trying to find out how fast people sign. I'm trying to find out what number VT's people get when they come in on standard entry. Which I don't believe is effected by the speed of the signer but rather the amount of people who have gone in before you and picked up a VT.

For example - Guest X could sign 50 auto's an hour but it doesn't change the fact that

400 people have gone in and picked up a VT before you did.

If people could name specific guests and what VT numbers they got for them upon standard entry, it would help to get an idea. The more popular the guest the higher VT number you would get presumably.

• Moderators

If a guest signs 50 in an hour, then the crew member will keep giving out VQ tickets because people will need to come back.

If a guest signs say 200 in an hour, moving the queue quicker, people may just go into the queue and not take VQ tickets.

So yes, VQ distribution is based on popularity but also how necessary it is to implement the system i.e. whether they're busy, quick etc.

Edited by DavidB

I always go early bird and just saunter over to the VT queue and by that time some guests are in the 100 - 200 mark. So for you to be on the safe side I would brace yourself for a number in the hundreds (again depending on who you want to see a very popular guest could be much higher) Hope this gives you some idea.

If a guest signs 50 in an hour, then the crew member will keep giving out VQ tickets because people will need to come back.

If a guest signs say 200 in an hour, moving the queue quicker, people may just go into the queue and not take VQ tickets.

So yes, VQ distribution is based on popularity but also how necessary it is to implement the system i.e. whether they're busy, quick etc.

Yes that is correct.

But I can't stress this enough, the only thing I want to know is what VT tickets people have picked up from guests that have been on the VT systems when they have entered on standard entry whether they're popularity has been large, medium or small.

I don't really want to get into the methods that effect the amount of VT's that are given out.

The only reason I want to know is because I'm a nerd and it interests me.

I've been Early Birding for a while, but when I used to go in around 1pm, I think my VQTs for popular guests were usually around the 200-500 mark and it would take about 3-4 hours to see the guests in question (bar a few notable exceptions), but the shows have got bigger over the years, so I'm guessing it would reach that figure earlier these days, but not excessively so. Put it this way - if you get in around 11am and are willing to wait until the end if necessary to redeem your VQT, there are very few guests you wouldn't get to meet.

I've been Early Birding for a while, but when I used to go in around 1pm, I think my VQTs for popular guests were usually around the 200-500 mark and it would take about 3-4 hours to see the guests in question (bar a few notable exceptions), but the shows have got bigger over the years, so I'm guessing it would reach that figure earlier these days, but not excessively so. Put it this way - if you get in around 11am and are willing to wait until the end if necessary to redeem your VQT, there are very few guests you wouldn't get to meet.

Thanks for the reply pal :blush:

I've never done standard entry, I always do early bird and plan to keep on doing so but I was watching TV yesterday and thought to myself "I wonder what number VT tickets people get when they turn up for standard entry" and then I created this topic.

Do you go to get autographs? And do you go to meet the guest who tend to be busy? If so can you remember the number range of the VT's you usually get?

If you can remember specific past guests and the VT numbers you got for them upon standard entry that would be great.

Thanks in advance to anyone who answers.

At the LFCC I picked up a ticket in the low 1000's for Karen Gillan arriving on Standard entry, but for Shawnee Smith I had 250. I think it was sometime around 2ish when I got to see Shawnee and didn't get to see Karen at all for an auto, but fortunately had pre-booked a photo shoot with her.

Having said that Shawnee seemed to be signing a lot slower, so it is not as straight forward as purely the virtual ticket number, some guests just like to chat !

I went Gold Pass last time and galloped through the whole weekend, got so much done, lots of people seen, lots of talks. This time, due to travelling down on the Sunday morning, we've gone Standard ticket, to find that we've to upgrade for Ms. Moffett. I think Early Bird is more of a Standard Ticket, especially with the shows getting bigger.

Virtual Ticket, Virtual Queue, Virtual Queue Ticket .. yeah, same thing really :blush:

Hee. I've always said VT, but then I was thinking, "Hang on, the ticket itself isn't virtual, it's real!" [/gigantic pedant] So now I'm trying to retrain myself to say VQT, but honestly, adding that Q is such an effort...

;)

If people could name specific guests and what VT numbers they got for them upon standard entry, it would help to get an idea. The more popular the guest the higher VT number you would get presumably.

And presumably the later you got the ticket too; getting in at 11am probably is a different picture to those people who rock up at 2pm...